+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oregons Locker Room

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Oregons Locker Room

Quote Originally Posted by baw011 View Post
    I believe the "rough aged" look is the desired architectural finish they are going for. In this application I really like to see the concrete exposed to the natural elements.

It looks like the material finishes are all selected to be as low maintenance as possible. Point of touch on the lockers and handrailing are stainless steel, lockers are plastic laminate which endure better than real wood veneer, carpet can be replaced easily, stackable benches/chairs are heavy plastic polymer, corner guards on the gyp board walls, and spaces are well ventilated to help reduce odor/mold. I'm a big fan of the commitment to facilities/architecture at Oregon.
    I love the design of the place too, but I know that stuff is going to be a cleaning nightmare. Stainless steal isn't so stainless, glass is near impossible to keep clean, the carpet will likely be tore up by the end of the 3rd home game, the laminate will peel and be torn off.

I probably should have qualified my statement about the dirtiness of the campus in general. But, I could have just visited before cleaning day.

Champ Salvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant future Salvatore Assante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I love the design of the place too, but I know that stuff is going to be a cleaning nightmare. Stainless steal isn't so stainless, glass is near impossible to keep clean, the carpet will likely be tore up by the end of the 3rd home game, the laminate will peel and be torn off.
    You realize this is not a brand new facility?

From 5 years ago.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1NyaTVUhFQ

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Assante View Post
    You realize this is not a brand new facility?

From 5 years ago.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1NyaTVUhFQ
    Yes. And they replace a lot of stuff, including the carpet. But that's not done every week. Until it's replaced, maintenance sucks I'm sure.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

....similarly, all the hype didn't make LaMike a viable Heisman trophy winner.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post

I probably should have qualified my statement about the dirtiness of the campus in general. But, I could have just visited before cleaning day.
    Which shows how urgent our Q4E south endzone project and TAC locker room upgrades are! If their locker room needs (and probably gets) it that often we are well past due!

+ Reply to Thread