+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to buy an AT&T phone?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Where to buy an AT&T phone?

Suggestions other than the AT&T store.

I would like to be able to purchase a phone without extending my contract. Don't they offer the discounted prices on contract extensions only? I purchased a new phone as a Christmas present only to find out that the advertised price was "after rebate". Seems the rebate center is backlogged and, according to them, I should expect a 60 day process of the rebate request. I found this out after they "lost" the first rebate request I sent them. How convenient. I figure most folks finally just give up on receiving the rebate and never get it. Four months later, I'm still waiting on AT&T to even acknowledge they have received the request.

FWIW, I have purchased a phone on ebay and it worked out well. Just looking for other options.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: Where to buy an AT&T phone?

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Suggestions other than the AT&T store..............
    Just looking for other options.
    Sign up for an American Express Platinum Card and turn the whole matter over to their Concierge' Service. No need you should worry your mind over such trite matters.

https://www143.americanexpress.com/c...ARDS/137/1/1/0

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Have you tried tigerdirect.com? Note that if you're not getting the carrier subsidy (by buying at the AT&T store and extending your contract) or buying a used phone (i.e. eBay) they can get a bit spendy.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

The Apple Store...
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Don't they offer the discounted prices on contract extensions only?
    Generally that is correct. Extensions or new contracts only for those kind of prices. Unless you're with Sprint/Nextel. They're so desperate to keep subscribers, they'll give you a pretty good deal any time.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Thanks. Dawgcrazy, have you used tigerdirect before?

Thanks. Dawgcrazy, have you used tigerdirect before?
    I have; not for cell phones, but computer parts. In my experience they are what they advertise...fairly cheap direct sales. I haven't had to use their "customer care" or returns department.

Be sure to read the description carefully on some of the phones. Some of the "European models" may be set up for different GSM bands (much of europe uses 900/1800) than AT&T uses here (850 and 1900MHz). A lot of the newer phones will be quad band, which eliminates this concern.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Do not use Cellular-Blowout.com! I'm still fighting them over a phone I ordered 5 months ago. They took $500 and never sent me a phone. Visa gave me my money back, but they're still bitching about it. They never answered the phone, and never answered and email.

Be sure to read the description carefully on some of the phones. Some of the "European models" may be set up for different GSM bands (much of europe uses 900/1800) than AT&T uses here (850 and 1900MHz). A lot of the newer phones will be quad band, which eliminates this concern.

Thanks again dawgcrazy. I knew about avoiding the European models, but didn't know about the quad band thing.

+ Reply to Thread