+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Thank You Skip--since1990 4 out of 8 bowls were with Holtz and about to be 5 out of 9

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Thank You Skip--since1990 4 out of 8 bowls were with Holtz and about to be 5 out

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    I've been here since Day 1 (back to the Delphi board before this one existed) and watched this forum clearly decline. I've talked with former posters who've told me they just got tired of the nonstop bitching and personal agendas of some of the posters on here.

There are definitely times to complain and there are definitely times to celebrate, but some of the posters on this board are driving Tech fans away from this board and from Tech athletics with their waaaaay over the top and relentless negative bs. That is a fact, whether you choose to accept it or not.
    Good. Any LA Tech fan that's that weak minded belongs somewhere else anyway. Why even bother with someone like that?

If BB&B visitors can't handle someone else's opinion on a sports board, this is really not the place for them. And THAT'S okay. I'm looking for something a little deeper than, "Go Dawgs", or "HBTD"......I can get that superficial stuff from the cheerleaders on the sideline on game day. I like to hear from Tech fans that are knowledgeable about the sport we're discussing, and are passionate about LA Tech. I also like hearing differing opinions (which is obviously not appealing to you) about such subjects as our coaches, players, schedules, the opposition, our history, the city of Ruston, etc....I also come here to celebrate, and to share stories. Heck...I even like hearing about D80's old playing days at Rummel High School. (But I don't like his talk about soccer.) I really like seeing opinions from people who KNOW what they are talking about and have good input to offer, regardless of whether it's viewed by Sunshine pumpers as positive or negative. Who cares? It's a sports board. Nothing is more annoying and a waste of time than a sunshine pumper who has about 1-inch deep of knowledge to share, and says "Go Dawgs" all the time. Why bother?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Thank You Skip--since1990 4 out of 8 bowls were with Holtz and about to be 5 out

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Good. Any LA Tech fan that's that weak minded belongs somewhere else anyway. Why even bother with someone like that?

If BB&B visitors can't handle someone else's opinion on a sports board, this is really not the place for them. And THAT'S okay. I'm looking for something a little deeper than, "Go Dawgs", or "HBTD"......I can get that superficial stuff from the cheerleaders on the sideline on game day. I like to hear from Tech fans that are knowledgeable about the sport we're discussing, and are passionate about LA Tech. I also like hearing differing opinions (which is obviously not appealing to you) about such subjects as our coaches, players, schedules, the opposition, our history, the city of Ruston, etc....I also come here to celebrate, and to share stories. Heck...I even like hearing about D80's old playing days at Rummel High School. (But I don't like his talk about soccer.) I really like seeing opinions from people who KNOW what they are talking about and have good input to offer, regardless of whether it's viewed by Sunshine pumpers as positive or negative. Who cares? It's a sports board. Nothing is more annoying and a waste of time than a sunshine pumper who has about 1-inch deep of knowledge to share, and says "Go Dawgs" all the time. Why bother?
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to HogDawg again.

One of your greatest post, which is saying something since you have a lot of great post.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

ugh ... I always break out in this itchy rash whenever I agree w HD.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    ugh ... I always break out in this itchy rash
    LABG

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

You’re a meanie

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Is it possible that this board plays a role? This is the darkest most depressing site on the internet. The die hards are miserable here.
    You should visit some Star Wars sites after The Last Jedi was released.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    You should visit some Star Wars sites after The Last Jedi was released.
    Ain’t that the truth.

Varsity Bulldog jharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Is it possible that this board plays a role? This is the darkest most depressing site on the internet. The die hards are miserable here. (While the outside world thinks Tech is rolling). It's odd... the winning has not seemed like winning at all because we score low in style points the last couple of years (J'Mar). Only about 3 Tech fans (here) are happy we won yesterday. It seems like we lost reading this board.
    Absolutely right! The entirety of the mindset expressed here seems of a piece with the one that drove Kim Mulkey out of town.

All of the analysis of past coaches' performance is of no value unless we plan to rehire one of them. That was then; this is now. Now we have a coach who has given us four consecutive bowl wins, one of the longest streaks in the country. Last year, we won ours in a blowout. The year before, we beat Navy in a game widely considered one of the best in the bowl season. We're also going to our fifth bowl. All of that can easily go away, and frankly, given Tech's position, there's every reason to think Tech would face a difficult climb to get back to.

The culture on this board is gross, stupid and petty. After I graduated from Tech I made a point of attending a few games a year. That's gone away, and the culture on this board had a significant role there. Also, as I got older, I found there are more important things to invest my time in than football. (gasp)

As someone who came to Tech from south Louisiana, I found Ruston and north Louisiana's culture to be the biggest collection of a$$holes on the planet. "Come hang out with us! When our coach builds a better program than we deserve, we'll tell him he sucks. When a legend in women's basketball (from south Louisiana) sticks around our crappy town, solely out of loyalty, we'll drive her out, because we're sexist. We're also racists who support the gameshow host/spraytan aficionado in the White House! Hang out with us! It's fun!" F U

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the topic. I think it is way too early to figure out which bowl game we will get. WORST scenario is ulm, though.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jharris View Post
    Absolutely right! The entirety of the mindset expressed here seems of a piece with the one that drove Kim Mulkey out of town.

All of the analysis of past coaches' performance is of no value unless we plan to rehire one of them. That was then; this is now. Now we have a coach who has given us four consecutive bowl wins, one of the longest streaks in the country. Last year, we won ours in a blowout. The year before, we beat Navy in a game widely considered one of the best in the bowl season. We're also going to our fifth bowl. All of that can easily go away, and frankly, given Tech's position, there's every reason to think Tech would face a difficult climb to get back to.

The culture on this board is gross, stupid and petty. After I graduated from Tech I made a point of attending a few games a year. That's gone away, and the culture on this board had a significant role there. Also, as I got older, I found there are more important things to invest my time in than football. (gasp)

As someone who came to Tech from south Louisiana, I found Ruston and north Louisiana's culture to be the biggest collection of a$$holes on the planet. "Come hang out with us! When our coach builds a better program than we deserve, we'll tell him he sucks. When a legend in women's basketball (from south Louisiana) sticks around our crappy town, solely out of loyalty, we'll drive her out, because we're sexist. We're also racists who support the gameshow host/spraytan aficionado in the White House! Hang out with us! It's fun!" F U
    Okay. Well, then guess we'll miss you being around.....NOT!

Next!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Back to the topic. I think it is way too early to figure out which bowl game we will get. WORST scenario is ulm, though.
    Gawd, let's hope not.

Oh! guess I'm guilty of being "ulmist."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Playing ulm in a bowl game would expose things that need to be exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Playing ulm in a bowl game would expose things that need to be exposed.
    Perhaps....but would it lead to any real changes?

Even getting spanked by ulm wouldn't influence the powers-that-be. They would just find every excuse possible, brush it off, and things would remain as is.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Even getting spanked by ulm wouldn't influence the powers-that-be. They would just find every excuse possible, brush it off, and things would remain as is.
    History proves you wrong and me right.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    History proves you wrong and me right.
    Really? So losing to ulm in a bowl would get both TMAC and Holtz canned?

+ Reply to Thread