+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 87 people....

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

Re: 87 people....

And I am not saying ice cream is a sub for water.....!

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

I understand game times need to be chosen based on TV availability. I get it. I even would have been OK with it had it been against a big rival, or a "bigger-name" team. But this game was the "Buddy Bowl" A game between two LOCAL teams, 5 miles apart, commemorating a LOCAL legend. This game is, and should have been all about local comradery, and paying tribute to O.K. So why in the hell do we cater to a TV audience that, outside of N. Louisiana, doesn't give 2 shits about watching Louisiana Tech and Grambling State?

Temperature aside, this game should have been most importantly marketed, and geared toward getting butts into the stands for a nice, friendly environment full of people who share the same Wal Mart. Instead, we got a 1/3 full (at best in the 1st half) stadium with people miserable from the heat. This was a terrible decision all around. I really hope the measly revenue from the eyes on TV were worth it.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I brought in a big Styrofoam cup of ice and Gatorade - they never batted an eye at me on the west side

Didn't see they stopping anyone...
    I know some people who entered the West side and were made to throw away their bottle water.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I know some people who entered the West side and were made to throw away their bottle water.
    West side. Everyone in front of me had to pour it out or throw it away. I had three unopened bottles in a bag. The lady opened it, looked in, looked at me and said, “I’m supposed to make you pour it out.” I smiled. She handed me the bag back and I kept walking. Both of us knew it was BS on a day like today.

So it was YMMV depending on the bag checker you got.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    This happened to me many years ago. A Lincoln Parish rent a cop was being an asshole. Bottled water was not on the excluded list then. One time I had a rent a cop want to look in my binoculars for booze. Where do they find these guys?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    This happened to me many years ago. A Lincoln Parish rent a cop was being an asshole. Bottled water was not on the excluded list then. One time I had a rent a cop want to look in my binoculars for booze. Where do they find these guys?
    The last time he searched someone, it was James Bond Or Ethan Hunt. Can’t take any chances.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I know NFL Network chose our game and the gametime, but this game would have been better suited for 6pm & EsPN+.

Only other options for them were FIu/wku or MTSU/Tennessee St.

I hope the Conference allows schools in the future to demand that games not be played in the heat of the day in September.
    Not directed at you per se, but at the reponse of "NFL Networks/CUSA determined kickoff time":

We delayed the game for lightning, rather the threat of someone getting struck by, at the UAB game. @ GSU game, there were heat advisories plus multiple medical cases on site. This is enough to delay kickoff until the temperature went down.

What DID Tech get in TV monies from NFL anyway? (Since it turned out to be all about the money)

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post

What DID Tech get in TV monies from NFL anyway? (Since it turned out to be all about the money)
    None is the guess of most who keep up with such things. I challenge anybody to find the terms of the deal. In fact is looks like we may be paying to be on that the NFL network.

The terms of the deal haven’t been announced, so it’s not clear if NFLN is paying C-USA a rights fee or if the conference is buying time and/or paying production costs.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Keep in mind the guy whol agreed to allow Tech to play this 2:30 game (unless you buy the BS about the NFL network actually wanting the game) is the same guy who agreed to move the Tech home game scheduled to be played in Little Rock to Fayetteville and refused to explain why.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Keep in mind the guy whol agreed to allow Tech to play this 2:30 game (unless you buy the BS about the NFL network actually wanting the game) is the same guy who agreed to move the Tech home game scheduled to be played in Little Rock to Fayetteville and refused to explain why.
    Are there no Louisiana residents willing / able to submit an FOI request regarding these items?

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    Not directed at you per se, but at the reponse of "NFL Networks/CUSA determined kickoff time":

We delayed the game for lightning, rather the threat of someone getting struck by, at the UAB game. @ GSU game, there were heat advisories plus multiple medical cases on site. This is enough to delay kickoff until the temperature went down.

I've seen the NFLN deal reported as $44K per school annually.

If Tech could have sold a plausible 5K in walk-up tickets for an evening game they double that and then some. Saturday was an absolute loss by the administration at all levels.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Are there no Louisiana residents willing / able to submit an FOI request regarding these items?
    Conference USA isn't bound to FOIA laws and I'd bet they are very careful in sharing that information electronically for this very reason. The terms were probably discussed in a meeting and no official "public" records would have been created.

Varsity Bulldog bubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around here bubdawg's Avatar

Whose to say Tech could be in violation of a CUSA contract if they refused to move the game to 2:30 PM?

On th flip side I think it's ridiculous you delay a game for a lightening strike 29 miles away, but you don't delay this one for extreme heat.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

So Judy was at the game according to the broadcast. Hopefully this was brought up with her and we can avoid this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I suppose I should go ahead. Moving this game was his first strike with me.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC_EM_DAWGS! View Post
    I've seen the NFLN deal reported as $44K per school annually.
    Where did you see this reported? I can't find it anywhere. FWIW, I don't believe it just because our AD tells a reporter. I want a reporter to find the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    Conference USA isn't bound to FOIA laws and I'd bet they are very careful in sharing that information electronically for this very reason. The terms were probably discussed in a meeting and no official "public" records would have been created.
    I'm not sure, but I think Champ967 was talking about him moving the Arkansas game. Do you have anything on the Arkansas contract BVDV signed and/or the one our current AD signed? He never gave us an explanation, but somebody who looked at the contract told me we did it as a courtesy to Arkansas.

+ Reply to Thread