+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Week 5: South Alabama (9/30)

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Week 5: South Alabama (9/30)

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Ok Holtz, I'm gonna type slow. RUN THE BALL
    Sitting in the stands, our group was saying that from the middle of the 1st Q. That was all we had to do, and I would have done it from under center with a 2 back set and a TE. I thought I read during camp that Holtz planned on using that formation frequently, though I have yet to see it. I think, though I haven't read the stats, we ended up with probably around 150 yds rushing and probably held So Ala to less than 100.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Nitz, no. It was not a "huge" field goal.
    It might it a 2 score game with less than 5 minutes left. So, yeah, it was pretty good football. No matter how much we love our team, it is not reasonable to expect TDs on every offensive possession or 3 and outs every time we are on defense. Baker's defense held the opposition to 16 points tonight. Yeah, USA dropped a few passes, but every team does in every game. You know, consider that maybe this was what folks have become fond of calling our WTF game - and we WON, and by more than the experts in Vegas (and Vegas knows) expected us to. Man, Tech has a pretty good team and I see improvement each week. There are logical reasons to feel optimistic about this season. We aren't Alabama, but we're not @ Lafayette, either.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    It might it a 2 score game with less than 5 minutes left. So, yeah, it was pretty good football. No matter how much we love our team, it is not reasonable to expect TDs on every offensive possession or 3 and outs every time we are on defense. Baker's defense held the opposition to 16 points tonight. Yeah, USA dropped a few passes, but every team does in every game. You know, consider that maybe this was what folks have become fond of calling our WTF game - and we WON, and by more than the experts in Vegas (and Vegas knows) expected us to. Man, Tech has a pretty good team and I see improvement each week. There are logical reasons to feel optimistic about this season. We aren't Alabama, but we're not @ Lafayette, either.
    I, somewhat, agree. I just believe this team plays in streaks. We can score points, but we are going to have some quarters when our offense sputters.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Tech WIN, lsu loss...GREAT Saturday
    I had hoped to see you today. I hung out with PawDawg, DFM, and their crew prior to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I, somewhat, agree. I just believe this team plays in streaks. We can score points, but we are going to have some quarters when our offense sputters.
    I think we will get better and more consistent. I can't believe that I, Mr. Melancholy, seem to be more optimistic than you, Mr. Positive.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we will get better and more consistent. I can't believe that I, Mr. Melancholy, seem to be more optimistic than you, Mr. Positive.
    LOL I go into every game expecting a win! This team scares me some, though. I think I am just used to a high octane offense. We have the talent, but need that consistency. No worries, though. I am still super optimistic and can handle the slow quarters with no scoring. Just waiting for it all to click for full games.

Somewhere in this thread (or possibly another) there was a discussion among some posters (I do not remember which posters, nor does it matter) saying we were ineffective in the red zone this year, an opinion I agreed with. I was just reading through the "Game Notes" in LaTechReport and ran across this statement, which seems to dispel that assertion - "The offense was a perfect 3-for-3 inside the redzone. They are now 18-of-21 (86%) on redzone scores." Maybe the posters were saying we were ineffective in scoring TDs, which may in fact be true.

Somewhere in this thread (or possibly another) there was a discussion among some posters (I do not remember which posters, nor does it matter) saying we were ineffective in the red zone this year, an opinion I agreed with. I was just reading through the "Game Notes" in LaTechReport and ran across this statement, which seems to dispel that assertion - "The offense was a perfect 3-for-3 inside the redzone. They are now 18-of-21 (86%) on redzone scores." Maybe the posters were saying we were ineffective in scoring TDs, which may in fact be true.
    I remember the conversation. It was TD's. However, we did miss a FG last night, as well as a fumble on the 11, so were not 3 for 3. The FG was not in the red zone, though, I don't believe.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    All I can say is THANK GOD South Alabama can't catch a football. They've dropped at least a half dozen balls tonight.
    In his post-game comments Holtz said USA dropped 10 passes, and that we were lucky. Truly, that QB deserved a better fate. He's a pretty decent QB and if his receivers would do their part that guy could light up the stats and the scoreboard. But, I think a few of the "drops" were helped a little by our DBs. There were some close plays where, yeah, I suppose you can say the WR should have finished the play, but we had a hand in there and/or a DB breathing down the neck of the SA WR.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Just read thru SA's "game thread" on their board. One guy posted he takes a shot of whiskey every time one of their WRs drops a pass, and he'll still be drunk by Monday, LOL! Gotta have a sense of humor if you're to survive as a football fan.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Just read thru SA's "game thread" on their board. One guy posted he takes a shot of whiskey every time one of their WRs drops a pass, and he'll still be drunk by Monday, LOL! Gotta have a sense of humor if you're to survive as a football fan.
    He was really a good QB.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I had hoped to see you today. I hung out with PawDawg, DFM, and their crew prior to the game.
    Thanks Bill. Would've loved to be there last night, but I couldn't make it work out. Glad you got to hang with the BBB all-stars. Love those dudes!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Any word on Bonnette's injury status? We're going to need his deep game @ UAB.

Here's a positive....for the second straight game we had just 3 penalties.

Back to we fans...

it was like a funeral parlor last night. Had some students in the student section griping that others were standing in front of them. They eventually moved to another section, but other students sat for the most part, only getting up on big plays and on 3rd downs and such. Have not seen that in our student section in.....well, years, decades even. Then there was a group of older folks behind me who complained about my standing up, and one asked, "hey fellow, you ever sit down?" Being who I am, I replied, "yeah, when I take a shit." They moved to another section too....

Last night was pathetic.

Next home game is Red Out vs. Southern Miss. I'm expecting (hoping for) a better atmosphere.

+ Reply to Thread