+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: ODU Series

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: ODU Series

And just because it is an accomplishment doesnt mean they couldnt have done better. They could have.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Great way to close out the regular season. I believe we have to make the Finals to have a chance at an at large bid.
    Yep

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball Baseball. Skelton's Heroics Lift Tech to Walk-off Win over ODU

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Trailing 2-0, heading into the bottom of the ninth, the Louisiana Tech baseball team saw a two-out two-run game-tying single from Hunter Wells followed by a walk-off single off the wall in left from senior Dalton Skelton – pushing Tech to a 3-2 win over Old Dominion on Saturday afternoon from J.C. Love Field.

More...

Discuss it here.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I meant you acting like winning 20 conference games isn't even worth a mention. Its the first time a Tech team has done it, Its an accomplishment. Not even taking today's win in to account with that. How we got that 21st win wasn't what you wanted, it shouldve been comfy win, but they got it.
    Yeah, I knew what you meant, but you know that our AD and his staff work hard to make everything our under achieving coach and team have done over the past two years (which, so far is nothing) as "record setting". Guess what. It's not difficult to set records that were never possible to set when our best teams were going to regionals regularly (70s and 80s). Saying "screw the past" is what our AD does best. He is not a Tech guy. I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    And just because it is an accomplishment doesnt mean they couldnt have done better. They could have.
    What was the accomplishment? It wasn't. It was a talking point. Like a liberal democrat does. Make crap up that means NOTHING. Are you happy that we almost beat the worst lsu team in years? Split with the worst Lafayette team in years? Lost two close games to an average Sunbelt team? Lost a game to a really bad SLC team?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with PD. We can’t make the leap to relevance unless our admin is willing to promote and our coaches blow the doors off. We have to win games we shouldn’t win and dominate in games we should win. And our ticket prices need adjustment and our promotions need a makeover.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I agree with PD. We can’t make the leap to relevance unless our admin is willing to promote and our coaches blow the doors off. We have to win games we shouldn’t win and dominate in games we should win. And our ticket prices need adjustment and our promotions need a makeover.
    We will only be as good as we are willing to put in the work to become. So far, that's not very good. We think small and use our budget as an excuse to scoot by. It's like the fans who accept the mid-major label - if you willingly geld yourself, don't be surprised when your shooters don't work...

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    We will only be as good as we are willing to put in the work to become. So far, that's not very good. We think small and use our budget as an excuse to scoot by. It's like the fans who accept the mid-major label - if you willingly geld yourself, don't be surprised when your shooters don't work...
    “We think small” - sounds like the Reneau years.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Baseball. Skelton's Heroics Lift Tech to Walk-off Win over ODU

i know I am splitting hairs here....but shouldn't it read Wells' heroics? He knocks in two to tie and alertly takes second base, putting us into position to score the game winner. Wells gets out, game over. Skelton gets out, we go to extras. Just curious

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Conf Cusa Re: ODU Series

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Yeah, I knew what you meant, but you know that our AD and his staff work hard to make everything our under achieving coach and team have done over the past two years (which, so far is nothing) as "record setting". Guess what. It's not difficult to set records that were never possible to set when our best teams were going to regionals regularly (70s and 80s). Saying "screw the past" is what our AD does best. He is not a Tech guy. I am.

What was the accomplishment? It wasn't. It was a talking point. Like a liberal democrat does. Make crap up that means NOTHING. Are you happy that we almost beat the worst lsu team in years? Split with the worst Lafayette team in years? Lost two close games to an average Sunbelt team? Lost a game to a really bad SLC team?
    No need to beat the horse MLB has already killed: "for all-time single season records, no asterisk or official sign shall be used to indicate the number of games scheduled."

Now, GO DAWGS to this year's team as they enter AND HOPEFULLY WIN the conference tournament.

As a Tech guy too (when my wife died I had them carve a state T logo over my name on our grave marker), I'd like to see all the programs reach and maintain a position where every team they play treats good old La Poly as a team not to be taken lightly.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Good point, I agree. I guess it was meant to be, sort of... We did what we needed to do, they didn’t capitalize on their chances to end it and we did. A really crazy finish that I wouldnt trade right now. I think it did the team good to persevere, catch a couple of breaks and then prevail. Could this be a sign of destiny for the 2018 Dawgs? I’m hoping so.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

It’s baseball...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

We got lucky in Game 3. Burroughs took the game for granted as if it didn't really matter since we had already won the series I guess. But the truth was if we lost Game 3, our RPI would've plummeted to a point that we couldn't make up, essentially eliminating us from at-large contention. We also would've dropped from 2nd to 3rd to let another at-large contender FAU jump us in the standings. This was a must-win. Burroughs started Wallace over Mallard and had to sub Mallard into the game late. Mallard's 7-5 putout was huge. Then Burroughs pulled Bailey after only 53 scoreless pitches in a scoreless game in order to save him for early in the tourney when we already had everybody else ready to go Game 1 and 2. We immediately fell behind 0-2 after Bailey got pulled, and thankfully a 9th inning rally saved us. That comeback was huge, not only for our confidence but because a loss would've devastated our season. I also want to mention Clayton's perfect bunt hit in the 9th to load the bases because it seems like that's been forgotten with everything else that happened in that inning.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 05-22-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    We got lucky in Game 3.
    Got to have some.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Our coach acknowledged pretty much everything you said including the perfect bunt. He called it "maybe the best bunt I've ever seen"

+ Reply to Thread