+ Reply to Thread
Page 135 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2319

Thread: peeve of the day

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Re: peeve of the day

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    What’s a newspaper?
    it's something you wrap fish in.....

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    In my profession - something you have to legally advertise certain public notices/advertisements in to keep from being in violation of public bid law...
    I just read some of the 45 pages pertaining to public bid law. Never crossed that before. I didn’t realize there was that much regulation concerning public works.

Varsity Bulldog Bulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Otherwise knowledgeable sports talking heads that say “verse” instead of “versus” when talking about a game. It’s like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I just read some of the 45 pages pertaining to public bid law. Never crossed that before. I didn’t realize there was that much regulation concerning public works.
    Yep -

Why the state can't have a centralized bid site where all bids are posted on the public domain is beyond my comprehension - it would save my small parish about $7k a year just at the Police Jury level

Same thing for publishing minutes and publishing notices

There has got to be a better more efficient way

I would say more folks have access to the internet now than they do print
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Yep -

Why the state can't have a centralized bid site where all bids are posted on the public domain is beyond my comprehension - it would save my small parish about $7k a year just at the Police Jury level

Our state government if full of things that were born out of corruption. Some of these things still exist and are overlooked because we don't know about the waste and some like using newspapers in the bid process are just antiquated and need to go because those involved in the process are either dead or out of business.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Yep -

Well I am sure your public journal is just like all of the rest in the state, they charge a pretty steep rate for legals compared to commercial advertising. The requirement of publishing in print is one of the things that is keeping the small town papers profitable and able to continue operating. The downside is that I am afraid we would see some of these local papers cease to exist without the legals and frankly, that is the only news print that I read anymore.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

If they go out of business because they lose parish funds that the parish can't afford, so be it.

Let them do things like ad sales and overpriced obits to stay in business.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    If they go out of business because they lose parish funds that the parish can't afford, so be it.

Let them do things like ad sales and overpriced obits to stay in business.
    Correct -

I told one of the local owners if our $$ or the school board $$ is what is keeping you in business - you need to close up shop and get out of the business...

State wide rate is a maximum of $4.50 per square for legal ads (set by revised statute) - which is actually less than their regular commercial rates

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Correct -

I told one of the local owners if our $$ or the school board $$ is what is keeping you in business - you need to close up shop and get out of the business...

State wide rate is a maximum of $4.50 per square for legal ads (set by revised statute) - which is actually less than their regular commercial rates
    Amazing how larger market public bodies pick the higher subscription rate dailies (over $100/year), compared to a local weekly (around $30/year) as their "official journal."
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Amazing how larger market public bodies pick the higher subscription rate dailies (over $100/year), compared to a local weekly (around $30/year) as their "official journal."
    Once again - set by archaic R.S. probably from the Lemke/Long era

I'll go you one further - their are some bid types that force us to advertise both in our local journal and the largest daily - so we get hit with a DOUBLE WHAMMY

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

"Press 1 to check your Google listing"

And variations thereof.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    "Press 1 to check your Google listing"

And variations thereof.
    17 times a day

One for today and one for yesterday.

Sorry, but the sign language person at the pressers is annoying.

When I click on a link to READ it, I don't want to watch a video.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Today, I discovered that someone walked onto our property where we hunt and stole a trail camera.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Today, I discovered that someone walked onto our property where we hunt and stole a trail camera.
    Probably currently being used as a social distancing camera! ��

+ Reply to Thread