+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Iraq is slipping fast

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Iraq is slipping fast

Folks, we are in the 4th quarter with 2 minutes left on the clock. Unfortunately, we are trailing by 2 touchdowns.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Re: Iraq is slipping fast

I agree that Iraq is slipping. Something has to change soon. We went in and took out the enemy. That was really great. I am proud of our nation for that. Now we have to do something different. I'm not saying we leave, I'm just saying America can do better.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Salty's type as well as the liberal media are delighted and cheer when bad news comes out of Iraq. You are truly a sick lot. You want and think it makes BUSH and the GOP look bad. He is just a leader with brass balls unlike any in your party. At the very, very worse case he is causing the terrorist front to stay in Iraq where we are fighting and killing the lot of those SOB's. Case closed.

Here is the latest "Fair and Balanced" news.

WASHINGTON, Oct. 18, 2006 — President Bush said in a one-on-one interview with ABC News' George Stephanopoulos that a newspaper column comparing the current fighting in Iraq to the 1968 Tet offensive in Vietnam, which was widely seen as the turning point in that war, might be accurate.
    Stephanopoulos asked whether the president agreed with the opinion of columnist Tom Friedman, who wrote in The New York Times today that the situation in Iraq may be equivalent to the Tet offensive in Vietnam almost 40 years ago.
    "He could be right," the president said, before adding, "There's certainly a stepped-up level of violence, and we're heading into an election."
    "George, my gut tells me that they have all along been trying to inflict enough damage that we'd leave," Bush said. "And the leaders of al Qaeda have made that very clear. Look, here's how I view it. First of all, al Qaeda is still very active in Iraq. They are dangerous. They are lethal. They are trying to not only kill American troops, but they're trying to foment sectarian violence. They believe that if they can create enough chaos, the American people will grow sick and tired of the Iraqi effort and will cause government to withdraw."
    Bush said he could not imagine any circumstances under which all U.S. troops would be withdrawn from Iraq before the end of his presidency.
    "You mean every single troop out? No," he told Stephanopoulos.
    Bush also had some tough words for Democrats, saying that pulling troops from Iraq would be the equivalent of surrender.
    "If we were to leave before the job is done, in my judgment, the al Qaeda would find a safe haven from which to attack. This is exactly what they said," Bush said. The president insisted he was not disparaging his opponents.
    "It's not questioning their patriotism. I think it's questioning their judgment," he said.

Now IMHO, I do question their patriotism! And I wish 'W' would have stated it just that way.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 10-18-2006 at 08:54 PM.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Salty's type as well as the liberal media are delighted and cheer when bad news comes out of Iraq. You are truly a sick lot. You want and think it makes BUSH and the GOP look bad. He is just a leader with brass balls unlike any in your party. At the very, very worse case he is causing the terrorist front to stay in Iraq where we are fighting and killing the lot of those SOB's. Case closed.
    Tyler, i'm a realist. The facts speak for themselves. All of the media puts a slant on the news, just look at talk radio and Fox News. The conservative media probably puts more of a slant on the news than the liberal media.

You are absolutely 100% wrong when you state that I cheer the bad news coming out of Iraq because I dislike GOP policies. The truth of the matter was that I was sick to my stomach when we invaded Iraq because I knew what was in store for America. America's national security has gotten worse because of the Iraq invasion, not better. We have our feet stuck in concrete there which limits our ability to handle the threats from Iran and N Korea, not to mention the on-going war against the Taliban.

GWB is out of his depth in conducting America's foreign policy. It is just that simple. He has surrounded himself with neo-cons yes men who don't know squat about the real world and who have based our foreign policy on their wild-ass fantasies. What you call "brass balls" I call having a "gorilla head." There is no easy way out. GWB's problem is that he cannot admit to himself that the Iraq invasion was a huge mistake nor does he have the courage to face the current reality. "Stay the course" are now code words for indecision and doubt.

Don't blame the Democrats for not having a solution for Iraq. They are not in control of the WH.

What is truly sad is that you are the sick one, refusing to see what is going on and supporting the failed policies of GWB. Frankly, the insurgents in Iraq are not that much different than the country boys in north louisiana who would fight till hell freezes over to repell any foreign invader.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Folks, we are in the 4th quarter with 2 minutes left on the clock. Unfortunately, we are trailing by 2 touchdowns.
    "trailing by 2 touchdowns"......

Is IMNHO a more than generous estimate of the current and so very sad reality of this STUPID STUPID WAR that was authored by a true mental moran, and once ENJOYED so heartily by the VAST MAJORITY of our fellow American citizens.

For any who EVER SUPPORTED this insane war...... Please remember one very important aspect of this war that will be recorded in stone in all future history books. little george could have never done it without YOU!

Approximately 65% of all Americans NOW rue this obvious war to nowhere and want to blame little george for involving our once proud nation in such a tremendous error in judgement.

Well here's a wake up call for ALL who once did but no longer do!

America is chest deep in the quagmire of Iraq because of YOU...... The @ 45% of Americans who were once so eager to watch "shock and awe"...... And now want to pretend that YOU had nothing whaterver to do today's reality in Iraq.

At least the @ 35 % of Americans who remain steadfast to little george's "stay the course" mentality in Iraq are not hypocrites...... Obvious FOOLS no doubt...... But not hypocrites.

Personally...... I'd rather be a fool than a hypocrite.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

:icon_wink:
    Quote Originally Posted by a nameless poster:icon_wink: View Post
    For any who EVER SUPPORTED this insane war...... Please remember one very important aspect of this war that will be recorded in stone in all future history books. little george could have never done it without YOU!
    Hum... and all of the DEM congressman and senators that approved it as well.
    However, still to this day there has not been one attack on American soil. Way to go BUSH and troops! Your job is to protect America and it's way of life and you are doing an EXCELLENT JOB! Keep on killing those SOB's over there. Thank you!
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 10-19-2006 at 06:56 PM.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    I agree that Iraq is slipping. Something has to change soon. We went in and took out the enemy. That was really great. I am proud of our nation for that. Now we have to do something different. I'm not saying we leave, I'm just saying America can do better.
    "We went in and took out the enemy.
    That was really great.
    I'm proud of our nation for that."......

Let's examine this syllogism.
    "We went and took out the enemy."
    The Iraqi dictatorship of Saddam Hussein was a clear and obvious SECULAR REGIME for @ 25 years, that internally had more to fear from any militant muslim extremeists success AND their shiite allies, than anyone in Washington or New York or Baton Rouge.
    The "ENEMY" was (and still is) TERRORIST Al-Quaeda.
    If America JUST HAD TO WAGE WAR against some sovereign state that had openly provided financial aid and tremendous succor to Al-Quaeda...... How about Saudi Arabia? Iran? Syria? Yemen? Or even Lybya?

"That was really great."
    When was America's war in Iraq "GREAT"?
    When our superpower army rolled over a minor dictator's pretend military force without even some semblance of an air arm?
    When no little-george-certain/promised "weapons of mass destruction" were found?
    When a political imbecile announced America's "mission accomplished"?
    When a common rat was found hinding in a dirty coward's hole?
    When our military troops were not welcomed with flowers but with bullets.
    When the 100th American soldier died forever and FOR NOTHING.
    When tha 1000th American soldier was wounded by hot metal FOR NOTHING?
    When no Iraqi oil gushed forward to pay the way as predicted.
    When AMERICAN TAXPAYER COST topped 100 Billion, 200 Billion, 300 BILLION DOLLARS AND STILL COUNTING?
    When a phoney election produced a phoney at best "democracy"?

You tell me, Duckbillplatty......

What "ENEMY" of America has been defeated?
    What past or present result of the Iraq war has been "GREAT"?
    And just what is it regarding this war in Iraq that makes YOU as an American feel "PROUD"?

However, still to this day there has not been one attack on American soil. Way to go BUSH and troops! Your job is to protect America and it's way of life and you are doing an EXCELLENT JOB! Keep on killing those SOB's over there. Thank you!
    I am in ABSOLUTE AGREEMENT with you about EVERY member of the house and senate FROM EITHER SIDE OF THE AISLE, who lacked the moral conviction or basic intelligence to be a true statesman rather than a typical politician, when these most important votes had to be counted. And for obvious reasons I have no alternative to hold the democrats with no moral fiber, more bottom line accountable than the republicans, who simply aped the manner in which dumb little george bent over for chosen his big dick.

I am just a common old fool who routinely sits in his den at night swilling beer and playing silly games on backwater message boards. So why is it that I long ago concluded that Colin Powell's antics before the UN were nothing more than a circus act, and virtually predicted all that has since resulted in Iraq?

IT JUST SEEMS TO ME...... That if someone such as I could see the past political handwriting on the current (then future) Iraqi wall......

A more than goodly number of our pompous and allegedly intelligent administration and congress (democrats especially)...... Should have had the common sense savvy to ignore ALL the 911 political histrionics and serve the future of our nation well, in its most recent time of need, despite any immediate political consequence.

As for all this repeated ad nauseam "not been one attack on American soil" crap......

We both KNOW, Tyler......
    That with slick willie in the oval office during the FIRST TERRORIST ATTACK between our shining seas in 1993...... NO SUBSEQUENT TERRORIST ACT occurred in this country for 8 AMERICAN YEARS...... And for long after he had handed over his "the buck stops here" oval office desk to little george.

And slick willie DID NOT spend billions of taxpayer dollars to create a new and virtually useless "department of homeland security"......
    He DID NOT employ national fear to try and impress either the common voter or Monica......
    He DID NOT lead America into a 3 BILLION (and still counting) WAR to nowhere and try to pretend that any NATIONAL DEBT left for future generations was tax free......
    He DID NOT alienate America's traditional allies or jeopordize America's long regarded highroad of integrity on any world stage.
    AND...... He did not find the need to curtail or erase any traditional American FREEDOM, either by some form of "patriot act" or by any pretext of arrogant "exectutive" priviledge.

You may catagorically loath Clinton......
    And I may have no difficulty whaterver..... Grabbing him by his shirt collar and bitch-slapping him across a few bar stools for his failure to keep his TWICE offered political promise of universal health care for ALL Americans......

But on the subject of TERRORISM......
    He found HIS TERRORISTS legally.
    He prosecuted them in a timely and honest American fashion.
    And they are now (as forever as legally possibe) where they will never do any innocent human being any harm again.

You sir are dreaming or possibly a tad tipsy tonight.

Bill Clinton misremembers

TODAY'S EDITORIAL

September 26, 2006

If you ask Bill Clinton about his administration's efforts to combat terrorism and hunt down Osama bin Laden, as Fox News host Chris Wallace did Sunday, you're apparently nothing more than a partisan right-winger. You've also -- obviously -- never read former White House counterterrorism chief Richard Clarke's "Against All Enemies: America's War on Terror," which, according to the former president, conclusively exonerates both him and his administration from any blame in the attacks on September 11.
    Regarding the first charge, Mr. Clinton said: "I think it's very interesting that all the conservative Republicans, who now say I didn't do enough [to hunt down bin Laden], claimed that I was too obsessed with bin Laden."
    We're not sure which conservative Republicans he's talking about. On the event of the administration's bombing of Afghan and Sudanese targets in 1998 following the terrorist attacks on U.S. embassies, then-House Speaker Newt Gingrich said, "I think the president did exactly the right thing." He even waved off rumors that Mr. Clinton acted only to divert attention from the Monica Lewinsky affair: "It has no relationship with any other activity of any kind." And that was from Mr. Clinton's arch partisan rival and bete noire at the time.
    There were other misremembrances. Mr. Clinton claimed that "[no one] even knew al Qaeda was a growing concern in October of '93," referring to the infamous "Black Hawk Down" fiasco in Somalia, which resulted in the death of 18 Americans. But Mr. Clinton must have been aware of bin Laden and al Qaeda following the first World Trade Center bombing on Feb. 26, 1993. As Richard Miniter recounts in his book, "Losing Bin Laden," Rep. Bill McCollum, then chairman of House Republicans' anti-terrorism task force, starting in 1993 wrote repeatedly to Mr. Clinton and other administration officials warning of bin Laden and other terrorists.
    Moreover, contrary to Mr. Clinton's claim that there's "not a living soul" who thought bin Laden was involved in Somalia, the September 11 Commission report says that as early as 1996-97, the intelligence community had received information linking al Qaeda to the 1993 battle in Somalia. Mr. Clinton surely knew of these reports.
    Telling Mr. Wallace to go read Mr. Clarke's book, the former president emphasized how he "worked hard to try and kill" bin Laden. In reality, Mr. Clarke's book, which indeed is more sympathetic to the Clinton administration's terror effort than other accounts, tells a different story. In it, Mr. Clinton never specifically orders the death of bin Laden. Instead, as Mr. Clarke writes, "[Mr. Clinton] had given the CIA unprecedented authority to go after bin Laden personally and al Qaeda, but had not taken steps when they did little or nothing."
    Mr. Clinton also attacks the Bush administration for "demoting" and then firing Mr. Clarke. As the man himself has written (in his book no less), Mr. Clarke demoted himself "to the apparent surprise of [then-National Security Adviser] Condi Rice." Nor was he fired. Rather, he says he "quit the Administration altogether" after working on a special program.
    Yet Mr. Clarke's book is not the final word on Mr. Clinton's anti-terrorism efforts. The September 11 Commission concluded that while the administration "took the [terrorist] threat seriously," it was "not in the sense of mustering anything like the kind of effort that would be gathered to confront an enemy of the first, second, or even third rank."

The Washington Times

And while I'm thinking about it, and only several sheets toward any political wind......

I'll mention something that I have not heard considered or even suggested by our esteemed fourth estate or political "talking heads"...... As the reality of little george's Iraq becomes more and more obvious with each passing day.

For some time now...... The prospect of a civil war between the sunni and shiite populations of Iraq (with the Kurds caught once again in the middle and with Turkey to their west) has been downplayed as much as politically possible by an administration willing to ignore ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING until November 7th.

But consider this......

For several years now, the little george administration has been hell bent for leather to create and TRAIN an Iraqi military/police force to replace American troops and boots.

I can only assume that our lads have done their best to provide these Iraqi fellows with all the America know-how known to make them the best they can be..

But who are these Iraqi fellows that are getting the best training that America's military machine has to offer?

Is it possible that every manjack of them are honest and well screened Iraqi lads who are willing to fight and die as needed for little george's seemingly irrational and historically implausible, vague concepts of Iraqi democracy?

OR......
    Might many of them be sunni and shiite diehards who are using all possible American training available to them, to prepare themselves for ultimate civil war...... And ANY "to the death" struggle toward some eventual bloodbath factional victory?

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Spinoza,

I hope you will understand my lack of response, but that topic has been talked about again and again on this board. You said nothing new on the topic and neither will I. I will be happy to discuss how the current strategies could be better or wether success can, in fact, be acheived in Iraq, but I just don't find the same old stuff interesting anymore.

Spinoza,

I hope you will understand my lack of response, but that topic has been talked about again and again on this board. You said nothing new on the topic and neither will I. I will be happy to discuss how the current strategies could be better or wether success can, in fact, be acheived in Iraq, but I just don't find the same old stuff interesting anymore.
    Let me see if I understand this correctly......

You were ever so eager to discuss a topic that "has been talked about again and again on this board" only 2 days ago...... But all such interest on your part has now mysteriously waned?

I...... "said nothing new on the topic"?
    Excuse me!
    I was QUOTING your remarks!
    I simply asked for a few specific comments of clarification.

I'll try to make it REAL SIMPLE for you.
    Just explain how Iraq was "the ememy".
    What was "really great"?
    And why are you so gosh darn PROUD?

AND THEN......
    I'd be more than elated to discuss "how the current statagies could be better or whether success can, in fact, be achieven in Iraq".

I've given these questions more than a fair amount of thought, and I'd actually enjoy adding my 2 cents to any dime in your pocket...... Unless, that is, you have also lost ALL interest in the topic(s) you proffered only yesterday.

I'm ready when you are.

Spinoza,

I guess it's just me......
    And my life of attention to personal honor......
    That makes me wonder why any man would walk away from an honest challenge......
    Rather than defend himself with a sharp saber if possible......
    Or even bare knuckles and truculent teeth when desperate.

Needless to say...... You are not the first poster on this board who has opted for obvious silence rather than any reasoned response......

But personally...... I have never been able to "run with others" toward the vain assumption that my own subjective shortcomings might somehow go unnoticed.

On the bright side of this PINK moon......

At least you did not resort to posting some silly picture of an ant.

And please feel free to relax......
    Virtually every meaningful aspect of personal honor has long since failed to hold any significant measure in our modern American culture.

Spinoza,

I have been one of the few posters who have repeatedly commented on your posts. I haven't put you on any ignore list and I read almost everything you write about.

My remarks were simple. I supported the war when we went in. I support the war now. I just hold America to very high standards. You picked out the sentence about supporting the war at the beginning. I'm simply not interested in rehashing all of the arguments about the merits of entering this war. This thread is about the war now, not whether Saddam was a bad guy or not. If you want to know what I'm proud about, then please... use the search feature, I have not been silent on the subject.

+ Reply to Thread