+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: @Miss State

Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold

Re: Baseball. LA Tech Set for Midweek Battle at Mississippi State

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Who writes these articles?

No where in there does it mention what time the game starts.

I know the game is over now, but the article said game time is 6:30 pm in first paragraph.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Baseball. LA Tech Set for Midweek Battle at Mississippi State

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBark View Post
    I know the game is over now, but the article said game time is 6:30 pm in first paragraph.
    Because they edited it in after reading this thread.

The first paragraph of the initial press release read as shown in the first post in this thread:
    The 2016 Diamond ‘Dogs saw their season come to an end in Starkville, Mississippi, but Tuesday night, Louisiana Tech will get a shot at revenge, fresh off of their first top-25 ranking in 30 thirty years.

No time mentioned.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Baseball. LA Tech Rallies to Down Mississippi State, 3-2

Talk about on a roll!!!

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Re: @Miss State

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I agree Cliff, two or three instances where the called 3rd strike wasn't even close....

That's why you swing more aggressively and live with the increased K counts
    On one of the called strike-outs for one of our left-handed batters I remember thinking the called strike would have been a hit by pitch (HBP) if said batter had been batting right-handed.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    It wasn't a case of our batters passing on close pitches. It was a case of just being jobbed by the SEC umpire.
    It was bad, but we did get a call or two. We didn't get many, if any, on third strike. The 25 Miss State fans in attendance thought it was strike 4 on Washam on the passed ball that was the game winner.

And we also swung at several pitches that weren't close to being strikes. Some of those strike outs, for whatever reason, were rally killers.

We struck out 9 times in each of the Arkansas games and 15 times tonight. To me, that's a little alarming.

Going into tonight Daigle had struck out 15 times in 41 at bats, Ulrich 12 times in 41 at bats and Lunceford 11 times in 46 at bats, all above or close to 25%, once in every four at bats. Lunceford's have not seemed to come at critical times, but Daigle is struggling.
    Sliders make the best hitters look bad swinging on third strike. Have you noticed Nate Harris making the best batters look bad?

Daigle will be fine. Ulrich is improving with each game. He was our best hitter when he went down last year. Lunceford just received a national player of week honor. I think we should keep him too. Our lead off man had a bad night last night. Should we bench him?

Varsity Bulldog rlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    The OU official website says 13th. I found it... Collegiate Baseball poll. They are 19 in the coaches poll.
    This is what threw me off. The coaches' poll on the NCAA site conveniently leaves #19 Oklahoma off the rankings.
    http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1/usa-today-coaches-poll

I found it odd that a 13-1 big 12 team was unranked even if they hadn't played anyone.

That collegiate baseball newspaper poll seems sketch to me. Have y'all visited that website?

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

This is handy. Use the drop down menu to change to the various polls.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basebal...ballcom-top-25

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    It was bad, but we did get a call or two. We didn't get many, if any, on third strike. The 25 Miss State fans in attendance thought it was strike 4 on Washam on the passed ball that was the game winner.

Sliders make the best hitters look bad swinging on third strike. Have you noticed Nate Harris making the best batters look bad?

Daigle will be fine. Ulrich is improving with each game. He was our best hitter when he went down last year. Lunceford just received a national player of week honor. I think we should keep him too. Our lead off man had a bad night last night. Should we bench him?
    I don't think I said anything about benching anybody except maybe Daigle, who has now struck out 18 times in 45 official at bats, which is a lot different than just having an off night. I assume that's why he was dropped from cleanup to 6th in the batting order.

I would guess that the goal of this team is to get to the CWS, it's certainly my goal and I think we can do it. But we will also have to beat a lot better pitching than we've seen so far to get there. So far Arkansas and MS. State are the two best teams we have played and we have averaged 11 strikeouts per game against those two teams, and that was not facing their best pitchers.

I don't care how we get to the CWS if we can get there, if it takes errors on strikeouts I will take it.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Mississippi State fans grumbling that they did not sign Lunceford instead of us. "He would have been the third baseman we have been needing for several years."
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Baseball. LA Tech Rallies to Down Mississippi State, 3-2

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Talk about on a roll!!!
    Making America great again!!

(This is in no way intended to hijack !!!)

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I don't think I said anything about benching anybody except maybe Daigle, who has now struck out 18 times in 45 official at bats, which is a lot different than just having an off night. I assume that's why he was dropped from cleanup to 6th in the batting order.

I would guess that the goal of this team is to get to the CWS, it's certainly my goal and I think we can do it. But we will also have to beat a lot better pitching than we've seen so far to get there. So far Arkansas and MS. State are the two best teams we have played and we have averaged 11 strikeouts per game against those two teams, and that was not facing their best pitchers.

I don't care how we get to the CWS if we can get there, if it takes errors on strikeouts I will take it.
    I think this guy needs to stay in the lineup.

http://www.ktbs.com/story/32086915/b...walk-off-homer

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Had we not rallied to win the game, this one would have really stung. We outhit them 9-4. We stranded 12 bases runners. They stranded ZERO. 0
    Good old Memorial Gym

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

yep, I think on the road you can't take the close pitches with two strikes on you. Have to be more aggressive than at home.
    When "strike 3" calls by the umpire are a foot away from the strike zone, you have to take your chances and swing the bat especially if you're on the road at an SEC stadium.

He did everything he could to help them win. As DogsWin said, justice was served on that third-strike wild pitch and throwing error.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

He did everything he could to help them win. As DogsWin said, justice was served on that third-strike wild pitch and throwing error.
    Yep -

As they say Karma is a ....

I still say if we had got a fair shake by the weather in the first game of the Regional last year we take down Fullerton that first game and then knock them to the loser's bracket the next day - but that two day affair wrecked our staff right out of the gate
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread