+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rattay Interviewed for Raiders QB Coach

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

Re: Rattay Interviewed for Raiders QB Coach

[QUOTE=dawg80;1685559]Do not settle for anything. If you do, you're already dead (in a metamorphic sense).

Thank you Skip for winning CUSA Championships! Thank you Skip for our Top 25 finish! Thank you Skip for our reaching an Access Bowl!

I wonder how many coaches there are in the G5 that meet your qualifications? Of those that do, I wonder what their salary is? I wonder how long they will be at the G5 school before they are hired away by the BIG money the P5s have to offer? Yes I am disappointed that we've not won a CUSA championship but, we do quite well for a team that is not in a large metropolis with lots of students.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Docman5;1685574]
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Do not settle for anything. If you do, you're already dead (in a metamorphic sense).

Thank you Skip for winning CUSA Championships! Thank you Skip for our Top 25 finish! Thank you Skip for our reaching an Access Bowl!

I wonder how many coaches there are in the G5 that meet your qualifications? Of those that do, I wonder what their salary is? I wonder how long they will be at the G5 school before they are hired away by the BIG money the P5s have to offer? Yes I am disappointed that we've not won a CUSA championship but, we do quite well for a team that is not in a large metropolis with lots of students.
    I think what makes it hurt is that we have the talent and coaching even to accomplish all of those things, despite all of our other challenges! It's painfully obvious that it's only Tech standing between us and those things, the conscious choices that we (usually Holtz) makes in crucial situations or in failure to team prep or make sure the kids go to class.

It's awesome we won 4 bowls. It's awesome we beat SMU like a rented...pony!

...Now why can't we play that way in the Rivalry in Dixie, or in Starkville, or in any regular season game vs an opponent with a mediocum of talent?

That is why it hurts so much. If we were just bad, we can get over that. If Holtz just isn't a good coach, then we can just live with it. But he's shown he can be more (altho I think he has limits thanks to his own hardheadedness). And I know we can do more but we refuse to reach out and grasp it.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to prove you are a "real" fan, up your LTAC donation. How many aren't even members?

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Blue Dawg;1685577]
    Quote Originally Posted by Docman5 View Post

I think what makes it hurt is that we have the talent and coaching even to accomplish all of those things, despite all of our other challenges! It's painfully obvious that it's only Tech standing between us and those things, the conscious choices that we (usually Holtz) makes in crucial situations or in failure to team prep or make sure the kids go to class.

It's awesome we won 4 bowls. It's awesome we beat SMU like a rented...pony!

...Now why can't we play that way in the Rivalry in Dixie, or in Starkville, or in any regular season game vs an opponent with a mediocum of talent?

That is why it hurts so much. If we were just bad, we can get over that. If Holtz just isn't a good coach, then we can just live with it. But he's shown he can be more (altho I think he has limits thanks to his own hardheadedness). And I know we can do more but we refuse to reach out and grasp it.
    Have you ever actually been in the arena as a player or a coach? It is easy to second guess people after the fact. I bet PawDawg, Blue Dawg and a lot of other posters would make questionable decisions if on the sidelines.....

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post

Have you ever actually been in the arena as a player or a coach? It is easy to second guess people after the fact. I bet PawDawg, Blue Dawg and a lot of other posters would make questionable decisions if on the sidelines.....
    Did PawDawg or Blue Dawg sign a huge contract to coach? It easy to second guess a coach who has been a horrible clock manager. Jr high stuff he can't do.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=eagle2180;1685667]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post

Ad Hominem argument. Just because he was not a player or coach has nothing to do with whether he can make a better decision than or is more knowledgeable than a coach.

This type of stupid argument is way too common on fan sites. It is designed to shut everyone up, so as to not have to debate the merit of the opinion.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Did PawDawg or Blue Dawg sign a huge contract to coach? It easy to second guess a coach who has been a horrible clock manager. Jr high stuff he can't do.
    So, Holtz has a huge contract? Maybe you decided he managed things poorly after you were able to view the results...Hind site 20/20. What would Pawdawgs record be as HC at La Tech over the last 4 years?

[QUOTE=DJDAWG;1685669]

Ad Hominem argument. Just because he was not a player or coach has nothing to do with whether he can make a better decision than or is more knowledgeable than a coach.

This type of stupid argument is way too common on fan sites. It is designed to shut everyone up, so as to not have to debate the merit of the opinion.
    Not meant as an attack on PawDawg or Blue Dawg. No doubt, La Tech needs more passionate fans just like them. It’s all about perspective.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

The quote tag messup is confusing me about which posts are directed to me

I take nothing on this board personally. We are all Tech fans and we all have our own opinions about the coaches.

My opinion is that the following two things are BOTH TRUE:

1. Holtz is at least a good coach but not a great one and
    2. Holtz's teams have underperformed given the vast amount of talent present.

I will be happy to be paid 1M next year for you all to find out how good of a coach I am. I bet I can convince TMac to give me a 5 year contract so you'll be stuck with me!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I take nothing on this board personally. We are all Tech fans and we all have our own opinions about the coaches.

I will be happy to be paid 1M next year for you all to find out how good of a coach I am. I bet I can convince TMac to give me a 5 year contract so you'll be stuck with me!
    You would suck. Couldn’t beat the UL twins.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    You would suck. Couldn’t beat the UL twins.
    Pay me and we'll find out!

Your talent evaluation is based on how they performed after the fact.....we have had some that have performed well, some have struggled with substances.....Some have been over looked.

Varsity Bulldog frogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to all frogdog's Avatar

A coach not paid In top 5 in conference, with talent that recruiting classes have generally only been at midpoint to 4th-5th, at school who’s budget is not even at conference mid point, some fans need more realistic expectations. We have over abchieved on that basis, not to mention the lack of consistent attendance.

Pay me and we'll find out!
    Earn the job... why take a chance on a unproven coach?

Earn the job... why take a chance on a unproven coach?
    Ah you see, my father was a famous coach.

+ Reply to Thread