+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: We got El A Tech'd again.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: We got El A Tech'd again.

fwiw, the hat I wear up here in Arkansas has the LA ECH on it and people routinely ask if I went to lsu. Some people are just dumb.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I can agree that having a set list of colors was okay. I’m talking about the name thing mostly. We don’t need anything else beside the state T and Louisiana Tech. I still have a ton of apparel that just has the state T on it and everyone always comments, “did you graduate from Louisiana Tech or just a fan?” No confusion.
    Have to ask... Where are you wearing the state-T logos when asked if you are an alum or fan?

If you're talking about a 50-100 mile radius of Ruston, of course people will know the logo. A lot of people in the Dallas area don't know what the state-T represents. Many assume it's another LSU logo. Admittedly, I can NOT figure out how they make the connection other than they see the state; therefore, it must be LSU. I can honestly say if we were in a P5 conference or men's basketball was consistently in the Sweet-16 round of March Madness the state-T would be just fine because of all the visibility it would have in the sports media. Someone posted earlier that we are trying to grow enrollment. That requires drawing in students from outside a 100-mile radius of Ruston. If the LA T ECH helps kids associate the university with the little sports media coverage we get then that is what's needed.

I saw a lady in the grocery store the other day with UMHB on her shirt and cap. In the parking lot I saw a car a big UMHB sticker on the rear window. I have no idea what the heck that refers to. Haven't taken - and will not take - the time to google it. Only reason it stood out is because someone reacted to my Frisco Bowl shirt by saying they had a neice attending ULM. So I saw the U and M and thought of NLULM.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Houston and I have gotten many comments on just the State T. Several years ago a couple of guys asked what was Louisiana Tech's mascot although there was a small one on the back of my cap. But they did recognize the plaint State T logo. More recently an older hispanic man recognized the State T logo. I was pleased since he was a rodeo cowboy of the old school and in the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame. He has grand daughters at Nebraska and I believe Okla State.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

People in San Antonio definitely know that the state T IS TECH. Most comments are that they want to pattern their sports after TECH's success. Some just come right out and say that Dixon was a beast!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    Have to ask... Where are you wearing the state-T logos when asked if you are an alum or fan?

If you're talking about a 50-100 mile radius of Ruston, of course people will know the logo. A lot of people in the Dallas area don't know what the state-T represents. Many assume it's another LSU logo. Admittedly, I can NOT figure out how they make the connection other than they see the state; therefore, it must be LSU. I can honestly say if we were in a P5 conference or men's basketball was consistently in the Sweet-16 round of March Madness the state-T would be just fine because of all the visibility it would have in the sports media. Someone posted earlier that we are trying to grow enrollment. That requires drawing in students from outside a 100-mile radius of Ruston. If the LA T ECH helps kids associate the university with the little sports media coverage we get then that is what's needed.

I saw a lady in the grocery store the other day with UMHB on her shirt and cap. In the parking lot I saw a car a big UMHB sticker on the rear window. I have no idea what the heck that refers to. Haven't taken - and will not take - the time to google it. Only reason it stood out is because someone reacted to my Frisco Bowl shirt by saying they had a neice attending ULM. So I saw the U and M and thought of NLULM.
    Almost everywhere I go actually. Disney World, Gulf Shores, Nashville, Utah, Colorado, and Hawaii to name a few. I don’t know if some of the people lived close to Ruston and were traveling like me.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post

UMHB is University of Mary-Hardin Baylor. South Texas. My aunt and uncle are both professors there.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that beats University of Mane-Harbor Bay.

No, I have no idea whether there is such an animal. If so, their mascot is probably Larry Lobster.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

People can know what the logo is outside of the immediate area. They can be on vacation or have moved from the area, or just br a big college sports person. But just because one or two do, doesnt mean everyone does. When someone recognizes it, that would not be someone who the logo with the name is making it easier for. Its better for people who are seeing it for the first time.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I've NEVER had anyone confuse our logo with LSU's logo in all of my years - and I wear TECH garb just about everywhere and I try to buy just the State and Block T gear whenever I can...

Now confusing the geography and thinking we are close to New Orleans and have alligators everywhere is a different matter altogether
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Which, just so we're clear, were joke responses to the claim that the logo should be more specific.
    Agreed. I knew you were joking. As was I. We're good. Only one other didn't keep up.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    fwiw, the hat I wear up here in Arkansas has the LA ECH on it and people routinely ask if I went to lsu. Some people are just dumb.
    Just tell them "yes", that you went to LSU when the school colors were red white & blue.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Just tell them "yes", that you went to LSU when the school colors were red white & blue.
    Its an interesting case study in academia...the ivory towers barely know what campus they're currently on.

The baseball fans here, though. They recognize the hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I've NEVER had anyone confuse our logo with LSU's logo in all of my years - and I wear TECH garb just about everywhere and I try to buy just the State and Block T gear whenever I can...

Now confusing the geography and thinking we are close to New Orleans and have alligators everywhere is a different matter altogether
    Exactly

Varsity Bulldog dawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of light

My wife and I just returned from a church group tour of Israel where I had a guy run up to me in Jerusalem pointed to my hat and said "go dogs". Never saw him before but he seemed to be with another group and was wearing a Tech polo (don't remember which logo).

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by dawg68 View Post
    My wife and I just returned from a church group tour of Israel where I had a guy run up to me in Jerusalem pointed to my hat and said "go dogs". Never saw him before but he seemed to be with another group and was wearing a Tech polo (don't remember which logo).
    Probably Milobump -

He was in Israel last week sporting his Tech gear
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread