+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rick Rowe's Report on The Ruston Sports Complex

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

LaTech Rick Rowe's Report on The Ruston Sports Complex

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Re: Rick Rowe's Report on The Ruston Sports Complex

not sure why he kept saying it was just out of town? It is not downtown, but it is probably 2 miles to the southern city limit on 167.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    not sure why he kept saying it was just out of town? It is not downtown, but it is probably 2 miles to the southern city limit on 167.
    Just speculating, but ...

If I were a city planner, I'd advise a community to place its sports complex on a floodplain -- where land is cheap and cant really be developed anyway.

On the other hand, I'd tell them to put their commercial center on the high ground -- where its easiest to drain.

If I were a city planner, that is.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Is that down where the old American Legion baseball field was. Seems like I went to one game down there. Can't remember why. Maybe to see J.R. Richard.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

There was a semi-pro team called the Ruston Roadrunners who had their homefield at that complex. Several former Diamond Dawgs were on that team. I saw a couple of their home games back then.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

The filming and editing of that segment is top-notch for a news channel. Also, glad we have the Moats family in Ruston. I wonder what Ryan is doing.

Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold

Great story. Will be a great opportunity to create more awareness of Louisiana Tech sports programs. Yes, top-notch.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    There was a semi-pro team called the Ruston Roadrunners who had their homefield at that complex. Several former Diamond Dawgs were on that team. I saw a couple of their home games back then.
    I was talking about way back in 1968 ie 1969. I don't believe I would have gone to see a semi pro team then. I'm pretty sure it was to see JR when he was at Lincoln High. But maybe Tech played down there, but I don't know why since the old baseball field has always been open and used. Maybe a tournament?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Waaay back to 1969, eh? I was talking about 1978 or so. That's almost waaay back!

Found an obit for a former coach of the Roadrunners, Dr. Bill Crow. He was a professor at Tech for 25 years and also coached various baseball teams. Here's a copy/paste from that article:

Dr. Crow was extremely active in the community. He started the Royal Ambassadors program for boys at First Baptist Church which he directed for over ten years. Under his leadership, First Baptist Church won numerous athletic championships in state Royal Ambassadors competition and participated in mission projects at the local and state levels. He was a coach in Dixie Youth and Dixie Boys Baseball of Ruston and later coached the Ruston Roadrunners semi-professional baseball team.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I was talking about way back in 1968 ie 1969. I don't believe I would have gone to see a semi pro team then. I'm pretty sure it was to see JR when he was at Lincoln High. But maybe Tech played down there, but I don't know why since the old baseball field has always been open and used. Maybe a tournament?
    Yeah, that is the same area. The field you are talking about is now Ruston High’s home field. All the new stuff is surrounding that field and extending all the way thru to Farmerville Street which is probably a quarter-mile away. The current entrance off of 167 is directly across from the Country Club

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

We were told in the spring the RHS field y'all speak of will be included in the overall project with the field getting turf, new lighting and dugouts. Of course I'm from West Monroe and those Bearcats will sometimes just say anything . . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Spend the money on extending the airport runways guys!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    That was just recently announced as happening, too.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I'm not disagreeing that it needs to be done, but I'd like to know why it is so important to you.

It seems that many of our athletic admin are still using the age old excuse, "it is just too difficult to get into Ruston" when discussing our poor football scheduling.

+ Reply to Thread