+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: World Cup Starts Today!!!

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: World Cup Starts Today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    World Cup is niche. They don't even do it every year.
    Correct. And while World Cup is the biggest thing the soccer world does, people do watch regular season soccer. They watch MLS. They watch the top European leagues even more. More and more soccer is available on American TV today, and the more that is added, the more people watch.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Correct. And while World Cup is the biggest thing the soccer world does, people do watch regular season soccer. They watch MLS. They watch the top European leagues even more. More and more soccer is available on American TV today, and the more that is added, the more people watch.
    A very small number of Americans watch Euro league soccer (the number is smaller than any of those that watch Moto GP, WRC, top fuel drag, LMS, or DTM racing). I don't personally know anyone that watches MLS regularly and I live in a town with an MLS team. Even though the Astros suck terribly people know who they are playing and how they are doing. Can't say the same for the Dynamo.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

A very small number of Americans watch Euro league soccer (the number is smaller than any of those that watch Moto GP, WRC, top fuel drag, LMS, or DTM racing). I don't personally know anyone that watches MLS regularly and I live in a town with an MLS team. Even though the Astros suck terribly people know who they are playing and how they are doing. Can't say the same for the Dynamo.
    Are you sure about that?

The ratings for non-World cup soccer are there, and it's not going away.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Do not forget about Latin American teams and their leagues. On Spanish channels, those teams and leagues draw many viewers too. They are often looked over just because its a different language.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

This won't come as a shock to anyone, but I watch soccer a lot. I enjoy the MLS and have kind of adopted the L.A. Galaxy as my favorite team, mostly because of Landon Donovan and Robbie Keane (and David Beckham when he was there). But, I like to watch the Seattle Sounders (with Clint Dempsey) and enjoy their huge, enthusiastic crowds. Except....I can't quite get passed that Seattle is also home to the hated Seasickhawks, yuck!

I had tickets to a Houston Dynamo game but job duties encroached and I couldn't go, but I intend to attend a game in Houston soon.

As for the EPL, yeah, I watch many of those matches, of course. Have been a fan of Arsenal for a long time. The Manchester rivalry, City vs. United, is always good for some excellent drama. Nothing like a heated rivalry to stoke the fire!

Big Dog Dawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to behold Dawgbert's Avatar

The next time I will watch a soccer game will be four years from now

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

There are thousands of die hard soccer fans pouring across the border as I type this (and they care nothing about football or basketball).

Open the Canadian border and hockey will move up as well.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    There are thousands of die hard soccer fans pouring across the border.
    I did take pleasure (labg) in Mexico's world cup loss.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

"As you know, I'm no soccer fan," said (Argentina) President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, while standing next to Messi and Argentina manager Alejandro Sabella. "I didn't see a single match, not even the one yesterday (on Sunday)," quoted on Yahoo. Ya gotta love it!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/argenti...130024131.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    In the 12-24 age bracket, pro soccer has already surpassed the NBA in popularity. For the young American demographic, pro soccer is #2 in popularity behind the NFL.
    They darn sure didn't take this poll in Haughton, Dawg06!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

MLS is drawing like a 0.23 and less than 400k viewers per broadcast for a HIGHLY rated watch....

An increase of 80% of nothing is still nothing...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Soccer is a favorite sport because of what happens in the stands and off the field. The on-field product has the same problem hockey has where there is not enough scoring despite the number of shots and such; and with baseball by having boring action throughout with a very excitable moments once every few minutes (and the low scoring). It is insane how low the scores are. 1-0 should be an aberration, not the norm. Stoppage time shouldn't be a thing if there isn't a tie at which there is an overtime, not stoppage tomfoolery. And games should never end in a tie. Never. Just stop both. The flopping, too.

The sport that is perplexing to me on why it hasn't taken off here is rugby. I popup a game of USA Rugby sometimes. It has it growing pains just like USA Soccer. I usually catch RBS Six Nations, Rugby World Cup, and try catching some others . No favorite, just pick a team per game, except the French. Always cheer against the French, and sometimes Italy.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Soccer is a favorite sport because of what happens in the stands and off the field. The on-field product has the same problem hockey has where there is not enough scoring despite the number of shots and such; and with baseball by having boring action throughout with a very excitable moments once every few minutes (and the low scoring). It is insane how low the scores are. 1-0 should be an aberration, not the norm. Stoppage time shouldn't be a thing if there isn't a tie at which there is an overtime, not stoppage tomfoolery. And games should never end in a tie. Never. Just stop both. The flopping, too.

The sport that is perplexing to me on why it hasn't taken off here is rugby. I popup a game of USA Rugby sometimes. It has it growing pains just like USA Soccer. I usually catch RBS Six Nations, Rugby World Cup, and try catching some others . No favorite, just pick a team per game, except the French. Always cheer against the French, and sometimes Italy.
    I have enjoyed watching rugby when I have caught it on TV. Maybe Americans think football is just an improved version of Rugby, and they don't give it a chance. It is very entertaining to watch, though.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Upcoming match featuring Manchester United sold out Michigan's Big House, 100K+ in 20 minutes.

20 minutes? That doesn't seem possible, but that's what was said during the telecast last night. Regardless how long it took, the game is a sellout.

Man U crushed the LA Galaxy 7-0 and Man City bopped Sporting KC 4-1. Doesn't bode well for the strength of the MLS.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Someone that can watch Big X slow-ass football, will probably watch anything.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Upcoming match featuring Manchester United sold out Michigan's Big House, 100K+ in 20 minutes.

20 minutes? That doesn't seem possible, but that's what was said during the telecast last night. Regardless how long it took, the game is a sellout.

Man U crushed the LA Galaxy 7-0 and Man City bopped Sporting KC 4-1. Doesn't bode well for the strength of the MLS.
    Did anyone honestly believe that MLS would be competitive against the EPL? There are quality players in MLS but overall coaching and depth is no where near the EPL.

+ Reply to Thread