+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From Mean Green Country: Great Game, Bulldogs!👍

Varsity Bulldog PlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the rough
    Weatherford, Texas (15 miles west of Fort Worth)

From Mean Green Country: Great Game, Bulldogs!👍

Y’all came to play & y’all came with a good game plan while showing patience in fulfilling it.

In 47 years of following Mean Green football when Hayden Fry’s first game to coach at UNT was my first game to attend as a student; anyway, last Saturday was the creme de la creme of all those 47 of following our football program. Glad y’all were part of it but you didn’t have to block that field goal attempt! 😆

Good luck rest of the way!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: From Mean Green Country: Great Game, Bulldogs!👍

Thanks for the classy post and all the pre-game information. Y'all have a great setup there.

I remember student attendance being good there in 2016 too. What do your people do to get the students involved?

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Thanks for the great post. You are a great fan.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Good luck to you and we would love to have that student attendance and crowd involvement!

Varsity Bulldog PlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the rough
    Weatherford, Texas (15 miles west of Fort Worth)

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Thanks for the classy post and all the pre-game information. Y'all have a great setup there.

I remember student attendance being good there in 2016 too. What do your people do to get the students involved?
    Well, first of all, for last Saturday it was a good combination of pre-game events that took place which inspired more new fans to turn out. (Although Arkansas was hardly a good team when we played them, their close loss to Texas A&M on Saturday gave that win a little more validity)
    • The National buzz of “the Fake Fair Catch” at Fayetteville created interest among many casual fans. That YouTube video received many hits & played on TV for days in DFW & across the nation
    Then...
    • Official turning of dirt for a new IPF
    • Mean Joe Greene’s statue unveiling
    • Family Weekend
    • The Game!
    (Plus y’all brought a good number of fans).

Attendance is an ongoing challenge for all of us. When we draw a similar crowd vs an average FCS (1-AA) school I would then know we might be on the way of solving the attendance thing.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlummMeanGreen View Post
    Well, first of all, for last Saturday it was a good combination of pre-game events that took place which inspired more new fans to turn out. (Although Arkansas was hardly a good team when we played them, their close loss to Texas A&M on Saturday gave that win a little more validity)
    • The National buzz of “the Fake Fair Catch” at Fayetteville created interest among many casual fans. That YouTube video received many hits & played on TV for days in DFW & across the nation
    Then...
    • Official turning of dirt for a new IPF
    • Mean Joe Greene’s statue unveiling
    • Family Weekend
    • The Game!
    (Plus y’all brought a good number of fans).

Attendance is an ongoing challenge for all of us. When we draw a similar crowd vs an average FCS (1-AA) school I would then know we might be on the way of solving the attendance thing.
    You had great student turnout Saturday and in 2016. I'm understand all the promotions and what got the regular fans there, but what keeps your students so involved?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

It probably helps that they have an undergrad enrollment over 30K.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Probably. My guess is that they don't have many more living on campus than we do. Commuter students aren't big on attending ball games. I'd say they had 7500 or so students there. Before our AD started screwing with our students we were close to 5000.

Their students stayed till the end. Our students never have.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

This

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    This
    No not just that. Stop over simplifying. Our people don't get it. Their people do. I realize you don't want to admit that, but our leadership has KILLED our student attendance after it had grown in a large way.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

No not just that. Stop over simplifying. Our people don't get it. Their people do. I realize you don't want to admit that, but our leadership has KILLED our student attendance after it had grown in a large way.
    Might be. But if we had an undergrad enrollment over 30,000 (18,000 more vs. Tech), along with their friends and family members that would attend, our games would be packed! Just another reason DR G and our ADM are pushing for a goal of at least 15,000 ASAP. But kudos to the largest enrollment this year!

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

How do we fix this ? Serious question as Dr. Guice gets it.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Increase enrollment. Win. Two biggest factors! Enrollment is increased by the good press the school gets and facility upgrades- new dorms, more parking, better class buildings. They are working on that part.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Might be. But if we had an undergrad enrollment over 30,000 (18,000 more vs. Tech), along with their friends and family members that would attend, our games would be packed! Just another reason DR G and our ADM are pushing for a goal of at least 15,000 ASAP. But kudos to the largest enrollment this year!
    FAU has 30K and won big last year. Are they getting 7500 students to their games? No. Commuter students don't attend. A large portion of on campus students do.

Increase enrollment. Win. Two biggest factors! Enrollment is increased by the good press the school gets and facility upgrades- new dorms, more parking, better class buildings. They are working on that part.
    Enrollment has increased while student attendance at all athletic events has gone down. We've won four straight bowl games while student and general attendance has gone down. We have very few "old dorms" remaining on campus and PLENTY of parking.

There is a common denominator for our attendance problems.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Well, I have attended a number of games for other universities in the last few years, and I can say that students have headed for the exits at halftime - or before - at those events as well. That includes the woeful Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles as well as the WVU Mountaineers. We are not alone in that regard. I find that the number of folks that leave is directionally proportional to the excitement being generated on the field.

If I didn't have to travel 500+ miles to see a game, I'd leave as well if the game got boring.

I have not been able to make the trip yet this year, but moving tailgate alley to a highly structured area in the hot parking lot last year made me reconsider the number of games I would attend in the future. To me, it appears like someone is micromanaging pre-game activities to death. Is this still the case?

Also, showing up and being told I cannot purchse an empty seat on the west side of the stadium because those are being reserved for big donors (even though they are empty for the whole game) was kind of over the top. I could see it if the demand for those seats was more than their availability, but this seemed rather arbitrary. Besides that, I quickly learned I like the east side better because there is more spirit over there, so Tech loses the additional funds from selling a west side seat whenever I attend now.

+ Reply to Thread