+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Who are you pulling for in National Championship game? LSU? Clemson?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Who are you pulling for in National Championship game? LSU? Clemson?

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Have to send student reps around campus with a box of t-shirts. Anyone wearing lsu stuff gets a shirt. Don’t berate them, but help them to see that state love and loyalty doesn’t have to extend to anything on that campus down there.
    ULM did that a few years ago. Did a gear exchange. If you had lsu gear on, they traded it for warhawk gear.

I dont know if it worked but it was a good idea.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    ULM did that a few years ago. Did a gear exchange. If you had lsu gear on, they traded it for warhawk gear.

I dont know if it worked but it was a good idea.
    I love that idea and think Tech should do it. If nothing else, it sends a message.

On the national championship, I don't think I can stomach all of the new press on "if lsu is the best team in the history of football" that are popping up everywhere now. We will have to endure some time on that until they are beat next year and the media is on to another team.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

All you have to do is purchase cheap, solid color, and put our logo across the chest in white. Minimal effort for maximum impact.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I love that idea and think Tech should do it. If nothing else, it sends a message.

On the national championship, I don't think I can stomach all of the new press on "if lsu is the best team in the history of football" that are popping up everywhere now. We will have to endure some time on that until they are beat next year and the media is on to another team.
    Ohio St and Clemson are still ahead of them in Elo. It's certainly the best lsu has ever been.

Clemson has the highest Elo of all time (before this game obviously) tied with Alabama from a few years ago.

But it's going to be a rough offseason. Didn't realize all the people I graduated with actually were going to lsu the whole time!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    The radio I listened to in the first half said Big XII. Maybe the announcer misspoke.
    Who could blame him? The Big 10 now has 12. The Big 12 has 11. The Pac-10 became the Pac-12.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Hate LSU all you want, and I’m certainly no fan. But beside the fact they’re just at another level, their fans and administration demand excellence. While we’re giving bonuses to coaches for 8-5 records and our fans are giddy, that gets you fired at LSU.

Our goal/expectation should be to be the top G5 program in the country. Any expectation less than that should be unacceptable to our fan base. But it never has been, thus our 30 years in the highest division has been mediocre.
    I agree with most of this but one thing. I don't think the real Tech fans are giddy. I think we needed someone to get us to the point were we had a winning season consistently- Holtz is/was that guy. I think we fans now want to the take the next step and realize Holtz isnt that guy. We aren't happy. Not just at not being the best G5, but at not even owning our conference.

Now I think certain boosters, people in athletic admin etc are giddy, but we have already seen what they think of most of the fans.

The wal-mart fans of LSU, Alabama, and the like is part of this but a battle that if we fix the above slowly starts to cure itself. Like was mentioned earlier, I don't think we have nearly as many of those fans as the other school, but we have too many.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Glad I don’t have to be on Tech’s campus to see all the “wanna be” students sporting LSU gear.
    Now that would make me ill.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Clemson had a MUCH tougher semifinal game than LSU. LSU got lucky with the OU matchup. I don't think there's anything "mediocre" about Clemson at all. They beat a tremendously talented Ohio State team. A lot of "experts" on the sideline were saying the OSU-Clemson game was the hardest hitting game they've ever seen.

I expect LSU to win for 2 reasons: 1) They are better offensively than they've ever been, mostly due to Joe Burrow. 2) The OSU win for Clemson was so physically taxing, I'm just not sure Clemson can do it in back to back games.

But Clemson hasn't lost a game since the 2017 season, and has a 29-game win streak going. They won't go down easy.
    Well, there ya go. Just chalk this up to another example of HD schooling the BB&B class once again. Class is now dismissed.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post

Congrats to LSU on arguably one of the best seasons in college football history. Unfortunately, we now have to listen to their legions of ignorant bandwagon fans.
    My thoughts exactly. Joe Burrow is the epitome of the perfect QB. I don't care if he played for Communist Red China, he is still a pleasure to watch at QB. Burrow makes all the right moves that we always wanted J'Mar Smith to make, but he just couldn't, or wouldn't.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Burrow saw LSU as his best chance to shine, he took it, took everything they provided and then threw in the best of himself to capitalize on it all. Thus the recipe for mutual exceptional accomplishment.

J’Mar did pretty much the opposite. He was more concerned about doing things ‘his way’ and subsequently not learning and not improving much when it really came down to the end result.

So you’ve got a text book example of an ambitious young man who is determined to over achieve in Burrow and you’ve got the other guy who rocks and rolls along, ignoring the help others offer him (Rattay) as he hopes good things will magically come his way like smokey unicorns blowing in the wind.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Head to head, J'mar had a better game

Louisiana Tech Bulldogs
    J Smith 27 50 54.0 330 3 1 125.2
    Total 27 50 54.0 330 3 1 -

LSU Tigers
    Burrow 16 28 57.1 191 0 0 114.4
    Brennan 1 1 100.0 9 0 0 175.6
    Total 17 29 58.6 200 0 0 -

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Sport you have my sarcasm meter bouncing

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Who could blame him? The Big 10 now has 12. The Big 12 has 11. The Pac-10 became the Pac-12.
    When did the Big 12 get an 11th team?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    When did the Big 12 get an 11th team?
    10, 11, whatever....not 12

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    10, 11, whatever....not 12
    Now Johnny, you know very well that it makes perfect sense for the Big 10 to have 12 members, and the Big 12 to have 10.

+ Reply to Thread