+ Reply to Thread

Thread: US Open

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

US Open

I've heard several comments this week about how folks don't like to watch the pros struggle, the USGA should lighten up, etc.. I like it! IMO, it's the only time we get to see the pros challenged to the max. Golfers play the course and so far this week the course has won. Can't wait for today's final round.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: US Open

Maddawg, that's two of us, as soon as I get back from church, I will be watching. Hope someone can challenge Woods and keep it interesting.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I like it too. There are tons of tournaments with easy courses. This is what the US Open is for. The high difficulty of the course is what keeps some nobody hack from being lucky and winning.

And Bads starts off with a triple.

Varsity Bulldog keith72904 has turned a few heads around herekeith72904 has turned a few heads around herekeith72904 has turned a few heads around herekeith72904 has turned a few heads around here

Wow! That is two majors in a row that Tiger had his chance at and lost. I really do not believe he will now surpass Jack's 18 majors. Seemed almost like a given at one time, but now not so sure.
    Last edited by keith72904; 06-17-2007 at 07:57 PM. Reason: grammar

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Gee, I don't know. Tiger still has a lot of time assuming no disasters. While Jack has the record for most major wins, he also has the record for most major second place finishes. I still think with 12 he's on a pretty confident pace to pass 18.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Yes only six more to tie. I think he will get 18 at a much younger age than Jack did.

Tiger is still the greatest. The announcers dogged his lack of birdie puts made, but think about how many clutch par puts he made. The fact that he was there in the end tells it all. Jack was there in the end several times too, but didn't always win.

I was dissapointed with the decision that Furyk made on 17 until he said that he had not hit one that long all week. Tough break for him. I think he at least forces a playoff without the bad bounce.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Furyk made a bad decision at 17. If he would have used his head, he'd at least be in a playof today. Talk about flirting with greatness. If things had gone just a little differently at Winged Foot and Oakmont, Jim Furyk could have won three of the last five U.S. Opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Furyk made a bad decision at 17. If he would have used his head, he'd at least be in a playof today. Talk about flirting with greatness. If things had gone just a little differently at Winged Foot and Oakmont, Jim Furyk could have won three of the last five U.S. Opens.
    Did you see the interview with him afterwards? They jumped all over his poor club selection and he said that he used the same club that he had been laying up with all week. He said that he was a short knocker and couldn't believe that the club went as far as it did. I thought it was a bonehead move too until I heard the interview.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Did you see the interview with him afterwards? They jumped all over his poor club selection and he said that he used the same club that he had been laying up with all week. He said that he was a short knocker and couldn't believe that the club went as far as it did. I thought it was a bonehead move too until I heard the interview.
    Saw the same interview he called himself a "peashooter". I liked the move. Half the time you lay up, you screw up anyway.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    No, I didn't see it, but he should have known his driver was going farther yesterday. Everyone's was. But I know it's easy for someone to sit in their armchair and criticize. Dwayne told me at noon today that Furyk also stated he didn't know exactly where everything stood, so he felt he had to go for it. I didn't know that.

+ Reply to Thread