+ Reply to Thread
Page 190 of 194 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 2904

Thread: Global Warming Cont...

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Re: Global Warming Cont...

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    I'm on your side here, championing the chosen one of environmentalism - Al Gore. His efforts in this country have brought the temps down in this country. Obviously since he has fixed the problem here, we should ship him somewhere else.
    I enjoy your humor but I hope that you know that Global warming is going to ruin the future for you grand kids. I hope will enjoy your humor 40 years from now.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    I enjoy your humor but I hope that you know that Global warming is going to ruin the future for you grand kids. I hope will enjoy your humor 40 years from now.
    Go tell the chinese and Indians - they aren't buying what you're selling.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I enjoy your humor but I hope that you know that Obama is going to ruin the future for you grand kids. I hope will enjoy your humor 40 years from now.
    Fixed it for you.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Obama scares me more than Al Gore's church of global warming. There's a far greater chance that 40 years from now I'll be feeling the pain he's inflicting.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Are you suggesting that only part of the globe is warming, in this case, the Pacific region?

As for that first point, there is no evidence to support that contention either. There has been only one 'cane that has matched Camille in power, and that is 40 years now. Camille occurred in 1969. And there were two KNOWN 'canes that dwarfed Camille in sheer force that occured 100 years before that.

I emphasize "known" because it has been pointed out that modern technology is able to detect and tract every 'cane that occurs. As recent as the 1950's 'canes would pass thru many oceans undetected, and it is only thought, in some cases, given discovered damage to islands, that a 'cane might have occurred.

I read and listen to hurricane experts on this issue. And they insist there is no evidence to support a notion that 'canes are getting worse, cuz of GW or for any other reason.
    The 40th anniversary passed quietly: August 17, 1969 when Camille clobbered the Gulf Coast area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Camille

The most powerful 'cane this century was in 1935, the 2nd most in 1969, tied, by Allen, in 1980... if GW was causing 'canes to intensify, why has it been 29 years since Allen, and why haven't we seen the 1935 storm surpassed in intensity?

Again, all the evidence points the opposite direction, hurricanes are NOT getting more instense. If anything, the trend is less intense!

Why have recent 'canes caused so much damage then? Obviously more people are living, and thus building structures, in 'cane-prone regions and local environmental issues, such as the disappearance of sandbars and wetlands (as is the case in Louisiana) are allowing more of the storm surge to reach populated areas.

It's no more complicated than that and has NOTHING to do with alledged GW. Period.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

2 in a row. Wow. Any takers on August?

That "pop up" T.S. the other day will become the norm.

NOAA: Warmest Global Ocean Surface Temperatures on Record for July

August 14, 2009

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories...obalstats.html

NOAA understands and predicts changes in the Earth’s environment, from the depths of the oceans to surface of the sun, and conserves and manages our coastal and marine resources.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg View Post

August 14, 2009

NOAA understands and predicts changes in the Earth’s environment, from the depths of the oceans to surface of the sun, and conserves and manages our coastal and marine resources.
    Bill has a chance to set records! If it does, then obviously it will be proof that GW is real and I for one will be junking my big SUV and stupid, useless, obnoxious toys like my Harley and 4-wheelers.

I am even considering getting goats so I won't have to crank the mower anymore!

BTW, NOAA is doing a chitty job "managing" our coastal and marine resources...

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg View Post

August 14, 2009

I actually enjoy this now. It's fun to watch the weather because of you. I see "Bill will be as high as a Cat 4 when it passes Bermuda" and I think... altadawg will post this in the global warming thread. Up next is either calling me a name or saying this has nothing to do with hurricanes or global warming.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Why have recent 'canes caused so much damage then? Obviously more people are living, and thus building structures, in 'cane-prone regions and local environmental issues, such as the disappearance of sandbars and wetlands (as is the case in Louisiana) are allowing more of the storm surge to reach populated areas.
    The invention and proliferation of affordable air conditioning....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Lies Revealed — Greenpeace Leader Admits Arctic Ice Exaggeration

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/am...-exaggeration/

The outgoing leader of Greenpeace has admitted his organization’s recent claim that the Arctic Ice will disappear by 2030 was “a mistake.” Greenpeace made the claim in a July 15 press release entitled “Urgent Action Needed As Arctic Ice Melts,” which said there will be an ice-free Arctic by 2030 because of global warming.

Under close questioning by BBC reporter Stephen Sackur on the “Hardtalk” program, Gerd Leipold, the retiring leader of Greenpeace, said the claim was wrong.

“I don’t think it will be melting by 2030. … That may have been a mistake,” he said.

Sackur said the claim was inaccurate on two fronts, pointing out that the Arctic ice is a mass of 1.6 million square kilometers with a thickness of 3 km in the middle, and that it had survived much warmer periods in history than the present.

The BBC reporter accused Leipold and Greenpeace of releasing “misleading information” and using “exaggeration and alarmism.”

Leipold’s admission that Greenpeace issued misleading information is a major embarrassment to the organization, which often has been accused of alarmism but has always insisted that it applies full scientific rigor in its global-warming pronouncements.

Although he admitted Greenpeace had released inaccurate but alarming information, Leipold defended the organization’s practice of “emotionalizing issues” in order to bring the public around to its way of thinking and alter public opinion.
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Has Greenpeace ever accomplished anything worth while?

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    Has Greenpeace ever accomplished anything worth while?
    Yes! they stopped the Nips from whaling....

Oh wait, no, they didn't do that either .

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    The invention and proliferation of affordable air conditioning....
    Yep!

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

I always get confused by this. Some scientists say the earth will warm by a half a degree in the next 100 years and some people say our grand kids will be affected. Then Ted Turner says we will all be cannibals by 2013. It is very hard to follow.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    I always get confused by this. Some scientists say the earth will warm by a half a degree in the next 100 years and some people say our grand kids will be affected. Then Ted Turner says we will all be cannibals by 2013. It is very hard to follow.
    They are all sort of right. Once Congress makes it more expensive to produce energy and food with all the carbon taxes and ethanol subsidies, people will start eating each other. That will affect your grandkids, because they, too, will be eaten. The half-degree warming is just speculative, but there is probably a 50% chance that it might happen.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

+ Reply to Thread