+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: baker's dozen

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

baker's dozen

The debut of Baker's defense was impressive, to say the least. The first team rotation wreaked havoc and played sound, assignment football. Now, we're about to find out if the Baker has the goods. I seriously doubt Western Kentucky won't make some adjustments to the scheme we threw at them last year. They were humiliated. I don't know enough to point out ways to exploit weaknesses in the scheme, but I'd imagine we'll need to tweak some things or they will find them. I'm very interested to see how our corners match-up with their corps of wr's. Also curious as to how our DL, LB's will fare against their ground attack (which according to Athlon or whatever is better than ours).
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Re: baker's dozen

We'll need to improve in stopping the run if we're going to be anywhere close to being as effective as last years defense was.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I won't say we took Southern lightly, but I do think we played pretty soft coverage most of the day. I feel like our guys will be more amped up to go to WKU and prove that last year's performance was no fluke.

Puppy alex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nice

I know we lost to FCS last year in NSU and so I am sure that kept players and coaches from overlooking Southern. But in my opinion, NSU has a better program than Southern, so we were never in danger of losing to them; obvious now with hindsight of the outcome from Saturday, I know. Here is hoping our coaches knew all along there is no way we could lose to Southern and have been WKY prepping a lot this preseason. Especially our defensive schemes.

Varsity Bulldog DoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the rough DoubleDDawg's Avatar

Lot of crossing patterns and throwback type stuff in the WKU scheme. More nickel and dime zone coverage from the Dawgs with our blitzing coming from the edges. Daughty REALLY likes to throw to the left side of the hashes . They moved the pocket quite bit against Vandy and I suspect they will against us too. I think we will be in that 3-3-5 look quite a bit, with Dora standing up and Brice in the nickel and Cooper joining X at safety.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    We'll need to improve in stopping the run if we're going to be anywhere close to being as effective as last years defense was.
    How many yards rushing did Southern have against our first team rotation? I really don't know.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

I think losing to NSU may have been a great thing for this program....it seems to have ensured that we have to play our best each week.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    How many yards rushing did Southern have against our first team rotation? I really don't know.
    They had 94 total, and I think I can confidently say most of that came in the last 2.5 quarters with the 2s and 3s.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    I think losing to NSU may have been a great thing for this program....it seems to have ensured that we have to play our best each week.
    Ehh NSU beat Southern 51-27 last year so its not necessarily true, though we did indeed not turn over the ball 5 times.

Quote Originally Posted by BoutThemDawgs View Post
    They had 94 total, and I think I can confidently say most of that came in the last 2.5 quarters with the 2s and 3s.
    Yeah, that's the way I remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Yeah, that's the way I remember it.
    Just remembered that someone posted a screen shot of the 1st half stats thing from the broadcast on the CUSA board, they had 5 rushing yards in the first half.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoutThemDawgs View Post
    Just remembered that someone posted a screen shot of the 1st half stats thing from the broadcast on the CUSA board, they had 5 rushing yards in the first half.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Daughty is not good under pressure. Blitz, blitz, and more blitz, and it'll be another easy win.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Also keep in mind that the backups went in after Driskel's last TD with about 6 minutes left in the first half.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

If it's nasty conditions I like our chances even more.

+ Reply to Thread