+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Summitt: No Show

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Tyler Summitt: No Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I like him. But I disagree that it is none of our business. We Are EllAyeTech
    fixed it

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    fixed it
    Thanks
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Odds that TS is still asleep this morning?

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ....That's just a bad post. You don't have to be a LA Tech employee --or a LA Tech volunteer-- to want and expect professional courtesy and professionalism from some of your most highly paid leaders at LA Tech. Are you a government bureaucrat? Why don't you just tell the "customers" (LA Tech fans and financial supporters in this case) to go screw themselves? That's essentially what you are saying. Of course, they might remember that attitude next time you ask them for a donation for the athletic depart.

Geez.... It's just really hard to believe that some people can be so dumb about things that should be common sense.
    HD - since you opted to call my post "bad" and implied I am "dumb" - I usually enjoy your point of view, but you really struggle sometimes to read things correctly. I said nothing about having an expectation of professionalism. We all have absolutely every right to expect courtesy and professionalism. What I stated was, none of us are employed or elected or volunteered or anything else to a position in which we have a responsibility to hold anyone accountable. Are you on staff in the athletic department? Are you Guice's right hand? If you are not CTS's direct supervisor, then no...holding him accountable isn't your business. You can have an opinion and you can voice it. You can withhold donations and you can stop buying tickets. You can't lecture any Tech employee about policies and procedures. You can't write anyone up. You can't perform anyone's employee evaluation. And you can't fire anyone.

Any idiot who has ever run a business knows exactly what I am talking about.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    HD - since you opted to call my post "bad" and implied I am "dumb"
    You are saying idiotic things on this matter. Everyone on that campus is accountable to the alumni. Maybe not directly and daily but its a fact. Call 318-255-7950 and ask them. Send President Guice an email with the same question.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

It seems Rhythm is construing the term "accountability" narrowly (ie. direct workplace supervision), while HD & CHC are using "accountability" in a much broader public-service sense.

Neither interpretation is incorrect.

This remins me of the debates we used to have each summer regarding what we ought to "expect" from the upcoming football season. Some posters understood "expect" to mean "deem acceptable" and others took it to mean "predict".

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    You are saying idiotic things on this matter. Everyone on that campus is accountable to the alumni. Maybe not directly and daily but its a fact. Call 318-255-7950 and ask them. Send President Guice an email with the same question.
    Yes, but not accountable in the way many here have stated. For instance, I went to a salon a few weeks ago and was told the stylist I'd booked was out because she didn't feel well. I had a right to know that; I did not have a right to know her diagnosis, treatment plan, and prognosis.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Yes, but not accountable in the way many here have stated. For instance, I went to a salon a few weeks ago and was told the stylist I'd booked was out because she didn't feel well. I had a right to know that; I did not have a right to know her diagnosis, treatment plan, and prognosis.
    If you were an investor in this salon and this stylist had a pattern of lateness which impacted your bottom line, in this case free publicity for the university, you have every right to receive assurances that the problem will be dealt with.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Tyler was on with Fletcher PROMPTLY this morning FWIW.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

If you were an investor in this salon and this stylist had a pattern of lateness which impacted your bottom line, in this case free publicity for the university, you have every right to receive assurances that the problem will be dealt with.
    Yes, but you don't have a right to deal with it yourself. That was my point.

Yes, but you don't have a right to deal with it yourself. That was my point.
    Nobody was calling Coach Summit and waking him up to tell him he was late. Again. Or maybe MD did.

Folks want some accountability from his direct bosses and that should be expected.

Nobody was calling Coach Summit and waking him up to tell him he was late. Again. Or maybe MD did.

Folks want some accountability from his direct bosses and that should be expected.
    HD may have.

Accountability to resolve an issue should be expected. Disclosure of all the details surrounding the issue, especially if it is personnel related, should not. That is only the business of the leadership. If you go back and read, determining what is and isn't our business was the topic of discussion.

If a director at Microsoft violates a policy and requires reprimanding, the stock holders are not involved short of assurances it will be resolved.

Tell me again, how are my posts are idiotic?

Tell me again, how my posts are idiotic?
    Because you said Tech employees should not have to answer to the alumni.

Because you said Tech employees should not have to answer to the alumni.
    No, I didn't say that.

Here is another example...

Hillary committed a felony (again?) and is now lying about it. I'm a citizen and a taxpayer, so she is accountable to me. She answers to us, the people. People can withdraw financial contributions and vote for someone else, and media can talk about her all day long, but only the president and/or congress can HOLD her accountable.

Ok maybe that's not a good example, but hopefully makes the point.

Here is another shocking revelation: neither being a season ticket purchaser, nor an LTAC donor, nor a taxpayer buys any of us stock in Louisiana Tech University. Nor does it buy us any leverage, power, or say so in the governance of the University.

When we buy tickets to athletic events, we get exactly what we pay for… Entertainment. When we donate to the university, they are exactly that… Donations. The power, or leverage, that we have is we can choose if we want to continue purchasing and donating.

University employees are accountable to the mission and to university leadership. And it is leadership's job to make sure that we continue buying tickets in donating by holding employees accountable.

People who mentally pervert that relationship so that they feel like they have power or some sort of say so either have a self-confidence problem or are ultra passionate about their university and want to feel like they're helping. I know everyone on this board falls into the latter category.

+ Reply to Thread