+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Bracket Challenge

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: Yahoo Bracket Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    That's Jr with higher potential- my 9 year old!
    Excuse me sir, we are grown men here. We do not want to hear about how a 9 year old is beating us. I was feeling bad enough about my bracket.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    That's Jr with higher potential- my 9 year old!
    On a side note I once cruised to the first seed in my church fantasy football league to only get beaten in the finals of the playoffs by my son. He was about 10 or 11 at the time. I was way too confident. I still have to hear about that one at home and at church!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Excuse me sir, we are grown men here. We do not want to hear about how a 9 year old is beating us. I was feeling bad enough about my bracket.
    Hey Bulldog Tom......I thought there was an age limit.....you had to be at least 10 yrs old to play, right? Is that how you remember it too?

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Hey Bulldog Tom......I thought there was an age limit.....you had to be at least 10 yrs old to play, right? Is that how you remember it too?
    Usually I am willing to overlook a technicality, but in this case........ Really doesn't concern me much anymore as I had Duke as national champions, but the weekend was fun. LOL

Good grief the ACC was certainly overrated this season! 8 of 9 teams eliminated during the first weekend. I am totally shocked.

After the Duke loss Sportdawg Jr. now has the most potential points with 172!

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Serious question, how high do you think the WBB UConn team would reach in the MBB NCAA tourney. Say if we replaced them with MTSU-empty Sue?
    Dude what in the hell are you even talking about

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Good grief the ACC was certainly overrated this season! 8 of 9 teams eliminated during the first weekend. I am totally shocked.
    I thought the SEC was vastly over represented in the tournament but they've been solid. Arkansas gave UNC all they wanted yesterday. Florida, Kentucky & South Carolina all made it to the Sweet 16.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Dude what in the hell are you even talking about
    Just curious, I haven't followed basketball since mid-early 2000s, and I was curious what some of our basketball gurus thought, as I answered earlier to Bulldog Tom. I'm more of a religious football fan, but a Tech fan regardless

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Is it possible for a great Women's team to beat a men's college team? Well...yeah, I suppose. Maybe a Dream Team, WNBA all-stars, could have "one of those nights" and beat some weak men's college team. I never say "never" in sports. Is it likely? Nah....

I did coach a girls' soccer team (U14) and we were so dominant, beating other girls' teams by double-digits, that it was boring so I entered us in a boys' state tournament. We won it. We won the championship game on PKs after the match ended 1-1. My goalkeeper was a special young lady who later played college basketball and she was a superb athlete. She stopped every shot and we won the PK shoot-out 1-0 (each team has 5 shots). The boys' goalkeeper was very good and stopped 4 of our shots. BTW I caught grief from some folks saying we, my team and I, had damaged the psyche of the boys, by them losing to a bunch of girls.

But, that was 12 & 13 year-olds when boys and girls are much closer in physical/athletic development. By the time people reach age 20 or so, males have distanced themselves from females.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly I don't know, I haven't seriously followed basketball since early 2000's. I do know that UConn's WBB team has been on a roll for the past few years (ESPN app browsing while following Techster's scores), and I was curious how good they are compared to the MBB teams. I could see a "dream team" of women's teams being able to beat decent men's teams, I just wasn't sure. Based on my very limited experience, I'd say they could beat anyone, under the right circumstances
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Is it possible for a great Women's team to beat a men's college team? Well...yeah, I suppose. Maybe a Dream Team, WNBA all-stars, could have "one of those nights" and beat some weak men's college team. I never say "never" in sports. Is it likely? Nah....

I did coach a girls' soccer team (U14) and we were so dominant, beating other girls' teams by double-digits, that it was boring so I entered us in a boys' state tournament. We won it. We won the championship game on PKs after the match ended 1-1. My goalkeeper was a special young lady who later played college basketball and she was a superb athlete. She stopped every shot and we won the PK shoot-out 1-0 (each team has 5 shots). The boys' goalkeeper was very good and stopped 4 of our shots. BTW I caught grief from some folks saying we, my team and I, had damaged the psyche of the boys, by them losing to a bunch of girls.

But, that was 12 & 13 year-olds when boys and girls are much closer in physical/athletic development. By the time people reach age 20 or so, males have distanced themselves from females.
    Thanks for the info, I was pretty sure that was the case, but I was curious. And funny story

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I thought Arkansas got shafted on the officiating.
    Nah -

They blew the foul and the walk before the supposed push off -

On the supposed tipped ball - the rotation of the ball didn't change and even if he did touch it hit the end line with about 1.5 sec maybe two

The fact the Hogs got a SHUT OUT pitched against them for 3:50 is why they got beat, and the fact they fell behind by 17? to start the game

And the coaching mismatch was the worse since Bobby Knight vs Dale Brown....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Just curious, I haven't followed basketball since mid-early 2000s, and I was curious what some of our basketball gurus thought, as I answered earlier to Bulldog Tom. I'm more of a religious football fan, but a Tech fan regardless
    If it were a TV show or a movie they'd have a great chance. The Snowflakes would line up to see it, too.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Nah -

They blew the foul and the walk before the supposed push off -

On the supposed tipped ball - the rotation of the ball didn't change and even if he did touch it hit the end line with about 1.5 sec maybe two

The fact the Hogs got a SHUT OUT pitched against them for 3:50 is why they got beat, and the fact they fell behind by 17? to start the game

And the coaching mismatch was the worse since Bobby Knight vs Dale Brown....
    Uh yeah.

A traveling non-call that gave UNC 2 points and a 3 point lead. Who knows what would've happened had it been called. The circumstances become completely different. Now, who knows if Arkansas would have been able to capitalize.

UNC shot 25 FT's to 8 for AR, and AR had twice as many fouls.

I guarantee you there would have a traveling or charge called had the roles been reversed.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Uh yeah.

A traveling non-call that gave UNC 2 points and a 3 point lead. Who knows what would've happened had it been called. The circumstances become completely different. Now, who knows if Arkansas would have been able to capitalize.

UNC shot 25 FT's to 8 for AR, and AR had twice as many fouls.

I guarantee you there would have a traveling or charge called had the roles been reversed.
    See I love seeing SEC teams get the shaft on the officiating side of things, regardless of sport due to their biased refs

That said - don't go scoreless in crunch time and don't fall behind by 17

The non-call foul caused the walk - so technically the Heels should of been shooting FT's

Kentucky got nearly every call in the Shocker game and they should of went down

Said thing is - WSt would of not made the tourney if they had not won their tourney due to the name on the jersies
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread