+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Travesty unfolding in Kavanaugh Hearing

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Travesty unfolding in Kavanaugh Hearing

This chart shows you everything you need to know about the credibility of the witnesses yesterday.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-hearing-chart

One witness answered questions, the other dodged a substantial number of them.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

That’s because they continued to ask if he would invite the FBI to investigate himself and his answer of, “I have done and will do whatever the committee asks.” Wasn’t good enough. It was the right answer, but not what they wanted to hear. It was the only question they could ask a man who had evidence and corroboration on his side.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    That’s because they continued to ask if he would invite the FBI to investigate himself and his answer of, “I have done and will do whatever the committee asks.” Wasn’t good enough. It was the right answer, but not what they wanted to hear. It was the only question they could ask a man who had evidence and corroboration on his side.
    That wasn’t the only question he dodged.

I have noticed that half of your arguments on this forum are strawman arguments though. Why don’t you try to attack the argument itself rather than reconstructing it into a weaker form to attack?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Just went back and read the transcript. Looks to me like he answered all their questions, albeit not to their satisfaction, as soon as they shut up and quit interrupting him long enough to answer.

Sorry, I’m not a lawyer. Common sense is all I have and Incan plainly see when someone is being railroaded.

Just went back and read the transcript. Looks to me like he answered all their questions, albeit not to their satisfaction, as soon as they shut up and quit interrupting him long enough to answer.

Sorry, I’m not a lawyer. Common sense is all I have and Incan plainly see when someone is being railroaded.
    Don’t sell yourself short. But sometimes it helps to imagine how the other side of the argument could be right. Only by first understanding its foundation can you really scrutinize it effectively.

Btw, Kavanaugh told several lies too. Like when he said the drinking age was 18 in Maryland and he could legally drink in high school. He said it twice. Not true it was raised to 21 when he was 17.

Plus he blatantly mischaracterized there sworn statements that others submitted.

Plus he lied about what the Devil’s Triangle is and what the other yearbook quotes meant.

These were all unnecessary lies because they would contradict the choir boy image he tried to portray.

These are the reasons he had no credibility.

Only one of the witnesses was respectful to the process yesterday. The other one was flippant, disrespectful, evasive, mischaracterizing known facts, and clearly telling small lies for facts that were even a little bit embarrassing to admit to.

Hell, even Dawg80’s BS sensors detected that Kavanaugh was hiding something.

Oh, I feel like something happened in his past he is ashamed of, maybe with Ms. Ford or someone else. I don’t know the first thing about drinking games and wouldn’t have thought about the drinking age. Resident choir boy here.

Brett Kavanaugh yesterday : "This is a circus...This confirmation process has become a national disgrace."

Clarence Thomas in 1991: "This is a circus. It's a national disgrace...It is a high-tech lynching for uppity blacks."

Why can’t he even tell his own story in his own words?

Oh, I feel like something happened in his past he is ashamed of, maybe with Ms. Ford or someone else. I don’t know the first thing about drinking games and wouldn’t have thought about the drinking age. Resident choir boy here.
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...alph-club.html

Well, hopefully this doesn’t make you blush then.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

It took a flaky Rhino GOP Sen. Flake to bail the titty baby Dem's arse out of the fire. How sad. BTW, it's still on fire and their lying noses are 100' long.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...alph-club.html

Well, hopefully this doesn’t make you blush then.
    Tame and lame!

That's my "when I was a high school/college student" reaction. We pushed the envelope as far as possible. But NEVER, not even once, beyond the point of the wishes of the girls. Not once! When a girl said "No" we took it as Gospel. I was no choirboy...heck, far from it. We drank, we chased skirts, we said some things that were not exactly nice, but never did we touch a girl, put our hands on them, in any way....unless they were clearly okay with it. And often the girl had to say "it's okay" which many did.

And there's this, which I know we all experienced. The lies! Boys wanting to portray themselves as men and lying about their conquests, which were all total BS! OMG! if every story were true there would have not been a single virgin anywhere, and the poor girls would have been used up many times over. But they were not true....not all of the tails. In high school I tried for months to get a date with a particular girl, very attractive young lady, and said to be "easy." Finally, through a mutual friend, I had a chance to talk to her at a party. I was expecting to dash upstairs to a bedroom at any moment! Nah! none of the stupid rumors were true, and she and I became good friends, going on dates and just doing silly high school stuff. She was aware of the reputation some had branded her with, and she spoke about it. It was started by some jock, drunk, who tried to get her to do something but she resisted. He got pissed off and started telling everyone he had "done her."

Anyway, the vast majority of high school kids graduate from high school still virgins. Which is a good thing.

Back to the point. I suspect that Kavanaugh and his goofy circle of friends were just full of chit too. But, he did say he was a virgin until years after graduating high school. That is most likely very true.

[QUOTE=dawg80;1708136]Tame and lame!

That's my "when I was a high school/college student" reaction. We pushed the envelope as far as possible. But NEVER, not even once, beyond the point of the wishes of the girls. Not once! When a girl said "No" we took it as Gospel. I was no choirboy...heck, far from it. We drank, we chased skirts, we said some things that were not exactly nice, but never did we touch a girl, put our hands on them, in any way....unless they were clearly okay with it. And often the girl had to say "it's okay" which many did.

And there's this, which I know we all experienced. The lies! Boys wanting to portray themselves as men and lying about their conquests, which were all total BS! OMG! if every story were true there would have not been a single virgin anywhere, and the poor girls would have been used up many times over. But they were not true....not all of the tails. In high school I tried for months to get a date with a particular girl, very attractive young lady, and said to be "easy." Finally, through a mutual friend, I had a chance to talk to her at a party. I was expecting to dash upstairs to a bedroom at any moment! Nah! none of the stupid rumors were true, and she and I became good friends, going on dates and just doing silly high school stuff. She was aware of the reputation some had branded her with, and she spoke about it. It was started by some jock, drunk, who tried to get her to do something but she resisted. He got pissed off and started telling everyone he had "done her."

Anyway, the vast majority of high school kids graduate from high school still virgins. Which is a good thing.

Back to the point. I suspect that Kavanaugh and his goofy circle of friends were just full of chit too. But, he did say he was a virgin until years after graduating high school. That is most likely very true.[/QUTE]

I don’t think the stuff he said in the yearbook disqualifie him. The fact that he is not demonstrating candor about it today does.

+ Reply to Thread