+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Op/Ed: The Independence Bowl is in trouble

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Op/Ed: The Independence Bowl is in trouble

How happy are the I-Bowl officials about LSU's demise this season? Or are they worried that LSU won't get to 6 wins?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

they are licking their chops....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Remember you don't really need six wins. You can get a waiver if there are not enough six win teams or you're LSU and the Indy Bowl wants you.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Remember you don't really need six wins. You can get a waiver if there are not enough six win teams or you're LSU and the Indy Bowl wants you.
    I'll be surprised if LSU decides to go to the bowl at 6-6 - anything worse they will stay home...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Is there a reason that our relationship soured with the IBowl? I never understood the 2012 snub.

What reason do they have not to like Tech? Seems odd since we were accused of being in cahoots with them in 2009.
    It goes back to 1990 when we had to beg to get an invite with an 8-3-1 record. I dont think Tech fans felt like the I-Bowl really wanted us but there was a lot of public pressure to issue us an invite. Of course, the crowd was one of the largest if not the largest in I Bowl history. Also a pretty good game b/t the dawgs and the terps. I think moving forward it always seemed like any invite to Tech was last choice. Glad we moved to a conference that has provided some bowl options and the I-Bowl is not one.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

The way the SEC is going this year there isn't a sure fire win on the rest of LSU's schedule, of course there is only won real sure fire loss on there either. Their cross conference games are both on the road at Fla and Tenn. I have not watched a single snap of LSU this year. Not sure how bad they are but they could very well lose out.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Would someone with some more time do a comprehensive Tech/i-bowl relationship history. It would be an interesting read. That would be an interesting idea for an article in the Shreveport times if anyone over there actually knew Tech and/or the I-bowl actually exist. I suspect it would be full of anti-Tech spin. It would be interesting to get a Tech version and I-Bowl version of some of the snubs/ attempted deals that have happened over the years.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Would someone with some more time do a comprehensive Tech/i-bowl relationship history. It would be an interesting read. That would be an interesting idea for an article in the Shreveport times if anyone over there actually knew Tech and/or the I-bowl actually exist. I suspect it would be full of anti-Tech spin. It would be interesting to get a Tech version and I-Bowl version of some of the snubs/ attempted deals that have happened over the years.
    Techdawg28, theHistorian, & TechAlumni05 (hopefully I didn't butcher these) would be good candidates to find this information.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

It will be quite funny when LSU goes 6-6 or 5-7 and turns down an I-Bowl invite.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    It will be quite funny when LSU goes 6-6 or 5-7 and turns down an I-Bowl invite.
    Why wouldn't they want to play a 5-7 ACC team? Might be a rematch of their Syracuse game. Hell, they would probably fill the stadium with all the North Louisiana Wal Mart fans who could never get to Baton Rouge. Of course, no way they would play a good C-USA, AAC, MAC etc team. Might be a rematch of the Syracuse game.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    Techdawg28, theHistorian, & TechAlumni05 (hopefully I didn't butcher these) would be good candidates to find this information.
    Blast from the past: http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story...r-40/77418516/

"At the end of year two, we have the ability to renew or not renew,” Lemonis said. “And so I’ve been very candid with them that the experience is going to determine whether we return or not.”
    Spoiler alert: The experience didn't go well.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.settletalk.com/blog/2017...ayed-this-year

Settletalk.com Blog from Sept. 14th, 2017: WILL THE INDEPENDENCE BOWL BE PLAYED THIS YEAR?

Where are the bylaws for the Independence Bowl Foundation (if any exist)? I'm trying to figure out how the foundation is supposed to operate.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    https://www.settletalk.com/blog/2017...ayed-this-year

Settletalk.com Blog from Sept. 14th, 2017: WILL THE INDEPENDENCE BOWL BE PLAYED THIS YEAR?
    https://www.settletalk.com/blog/2017/9/21/i-bowl-executive-director-setters-brushes-off-shreveport-city-council-1

Settletalk.com Blog from Sept. 21st, 2017: I-BOWL EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SETTERS BRUSHES OFF SHREVEPORT CITY COUNCIL

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    The big question now is: How does the Walk-On's deal compare to Camping World's $550,000 offer the Indy Bowl turned down?
    I know Walk-On is growing but I can't imagine they have the dough to offer huge sums of money to a dying bowl.

+ Reply to Thread