+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: @LATechSports Announces North Endzone Facility Plan

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Re: @LATechSports Announces North Endzone Facility Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I think that within 24 to 26 months you will see the formal break away of the main 48-64 power schools to form their own alliance complete with playoffs and national championship - first it will be only football but with in a decade it will include basketball and baseball also -

This may even come with the understanding that they will only schedule each other

It's coming, it's not if but a matter of when
    Josh Parrott, who writes for Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, was on Fox's afternoon drive show in Ruston last week.

He was asked about the Big East and what type of impact the P5 media money ($50 to $90 million per school per year) would have on the Big East 5 years from now. (Big East TV deal pays each school $5 million per year).

He said that in 5 years there simply won't be a Division I the way we now know it. The P5 would break away and may or may not take the Big East with them.

Pretty sobering.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    Talking about this thread's original topic. Is there anyway that we can stop this abomination from occupying the north endzone and preventing us from bowling it in?
    Not an abomination IMO. May not be exactly what I would want but it could be worse like leaving it as is.

Don't know of any recent engineering studies, but that ones I was made aware of in the late 70's said bowling in the north end was not an option because of the underground creek.

Varsity Bulldog thewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I'm a freeking idiot, but I reserve the right to say stupid shit and will say that every chance I get.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by thewyldman View Post
    I'm a freeking idiot, but I reserve the right to say stupid shit and will say that every chance I get.
    Believe me when I say I understand...I've chewed on my foot several times!

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Just ask my wife!~

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Stadiums being filled isnt what got any of the other schools an invite.
    Well, when your choices are between an empty stadium located in a large tv market vs an empty stadium in a small tv market. It’s not a hard decision. Maybe if the small tv market school had a full stadium and a passionate fan base… Yea, I dreaming and speaking in hypotheticals.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I am not totally disagreeing with you, but I don't really get the "logistics" issue. Monroe and Shreveport both have conference hotels and are a quicker drive to Ruston than across town in Dallas, Houston, or any major city. The airport in Shreveport is fine and the ride to Ruston is much much easier (and faster) than going anywhere in a major city.
    I agree with you and the I understand that but, you have to understand that there are a lot of moving parts and pieces that a visiting team must deal with when going to another venue that costs a lot of money. For football they are moving 100 plus peeps and equipment associated with that to include the lodging arrangements and transportation of those et al to and from the Joe. The AAC construct was that the program MUST be in a major metropolitan area and I’m sure for that reason is why Tech was not included in that expansion even though the airports in Shreveport and Monroe are less than an hour’s drive…but, I’m assuming that!

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post
    I agree with you and the I understand that but, you have to understand that there are a lot of moving parts and pieces that a visiting team must deal with when going to another venue that costs a lot of money. For football they are moving 100 plus peeps and equipment associated with that to include the lodging arrangements and transportation of those et al to and from the Joe. The AAC construct was that the program MUST be in a major metropolitan area and I’m sure for that reason is why Tech was not included in that expansion even though the airports in Shreveport and Monroe are less than an hour’s drive…but, I’m assuming that!
    No, you are just making excuses of why La Tech got left out.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    That too!

Not only that but the drive through Shreveport and Bossier City on I-20 SUCKs! If you have a kidney or gall stone, that drive will definitely shack that mofo loose!

Not only that but the drive through Shreveport and Bossier City on I-20 SUCKs! If you have a kidney or gall stone, that drive will definitely shack that mofo loose!
    You'll probably pass that stone at the Sibley or Minden exit!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Or just drive over the cooktown bridge over I-20. You can skip the chiropractor after crossing that sucker.

Take the 220 bypass. It’s like a minute longer and much smoother.

You just need to make a pit stop at Hamburger Happiness in Dixie Inn. The original owners kids were Tech alumni, may still be. I haven’t seen them in over 20 years.

You just need to make a pit stop at Hamburger Happiness in Dixie Inn. The original owners kids were Tech alumni, may still be. I haven’t seen them in over 20 years.
    Hell, if the Hoffosses still own it La Tech should reach out to them about cost sharing some billboard space on I 20. Burgers, Southern Maid Donuts and La Tech could be a winning combo.

+ Reply to Thread