+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jindal taking on the lsu power structure?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Jindal taking on the lsu power structure?

I do not believe a non-LSU individual could ever truly grasp what LSU is about.
    Wonder if this extends to LSUS and LSUA and LSUE and wherever else?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Before we get too worked up over what this guy says, let's take a second and remember the papers for which he writes. I wouldn't consider him a bastion of intelligence.
    Agreed. But it does represent, I think, a decent random sample of what the average lsu degree-holder may think, as well as one more example of the completelly dyed-in-the-wool sense of entitlement that lsu folks have. A non-lsu grad "cannot grasp" the oversight of a university?

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hanna
    I do not believe a non-LSU individual could ever truly grasp what LSU is about.
    And this statement kinda acknowledges the fact that lsu people don't take fans that are grads of other schools serious. They'll take their money but laugh at them behind their backs.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

I think Mr. Hanna fails to truly grasp that us folks in Tech Territory couldn't give a hairy rat's arse about what LSU is about.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    And this statement kinda acknowledges the fact that lsu people don't take fans that are grads of other schools serious. They'll take their money but laugh at them behind their backs.
    Good point. An outsider is an outsider is an outsider.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    His late dad was a Louisiana newspaper legend.
    Jr.'s not there yet, however.
    And that means anything, to what, 1% of the population. I mean, who, other than media people even keep up with that sort of thing?

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

His late dad was a Louisiana newspaper legend.
    Jr.'s not there yet, however.
    I am not sure writing the Concordia Sentinel constitutes legendary status?????? Maybe in Ferriday!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

And that means anything, to what, 1% of the population. I mean, who, other than media people even keep up with that sort of thing?
    DD, I mentioned the background, so I might enlighten some.

Sam Sr. was a very good friend. He was publisher of the Franklin Sun, Concordia Sentinel and Catahoula News-Booster, all three were good weekly newspapers. He later purchased the Citizen in West Monroe.

IMHO A very good political writer.

Just because he went the weekly route instead of staying at a major daily, doesn't lower Sr.'s credibilty. His weekly column not only originated in his Concordia Sentinel, but was syndicated and reprinted throughout the state in other papers.

So, in his era of the 1970s-80s-90s as a owners of several small weekly newspapers, I submit to you again, he was a legend in the business.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

The Morning Paper is Legendary

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Sam Sr. was a very good friend. He was publisher of the Franklin Sun, Concordia Sentinel and Catahoula News-Booster, all three were good weekly newspapers. He later purchased the Citizen in West Monroe.

Just because he went the weekly route instead of staying at a major daily, doesn't lower Sr.'s credibilty. His weekly column not only originated in his Concordia Sentinel, but was syndicated and reprinted throughout the state in other papers.

So, in his era of the 1970s-80s-90s as a owners of several small weekly newspapers, I submit to you again, he was a legend in the business.
    But he somehow neglected to teach his boy critical thinking skills. It's odd the things we overlook in life sometimes.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I never disputed his legendary status. My only point is that 99% if not more of the population wouldn't be aware of his legendary status, so it doesn't really afford his son any sort of a pass in this situation. My point, I believe, still stands. He may be legendary, but nobody really cares except media types.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I never disputed his legendary status. My only point is that 99% if not more of the population wouldn't be aware of his legendary status, so it doesn't really afford his son any sort of a pass in this situation. My point, I believe, still stands. He may be legendary, but nobody really cares except media types.
    I never heard of the guy. Or his son.

+ Reply to Thread