+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawaii Bowl Score Prediction Bulldogs vs Rainbow Warriors

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: Hawaii Bowl Score Prediction Bulldogs vs Rainbow Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    No. I didn't buy the #25 BS we used to pump up many of our fans who thought Navy was actually ranked. It was a good win. Nothing great.

No. I didn't get all giddy over last year's win against an unmotivated and uncoached team.

Yes, I'll be upset if we win in perhaps the most difficult G5 venue in the country CONSIDERING what we did in the last two games of this season.
    I hated how the season went-so much I only made the effort to be at one game even though I have season tickets. I understand it lets him coast another year and us continue to under achieve, but I still hope we win. I can’t ever pull against my team!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SundayJam View Post
    You question the legitimacy of this bowl? The Hawaii Bowl was created because a 9-3 Hawaiian team which defeated, no crushed, #9 BYU and defeated #18 Fresno St. received no bowl bid. We lost to Boise St. by a touch down and didn't play La Tech that year. La Tech won the WAC. How wacky is that?!!! If we had played you that year...we would've owned you. The bowl has always been broadcast by ESPN. This bowl isn't good enough for you?!!!! Come on Man...this bowl was made for the likes of us.

Michigan State is the only team to pay us $250,000 to not play us at Hawaii. We regularly play Big 10 and Pac 12 teams which usually whip us at home. They never...with the exception of MSU...complain that Hawaii isn't neutral. Heck, we've been beaten soundly by FCS (Div II) teams in our house.

My one criticism of La Tech is its obsession with the sons of SEC and other big name coaches. How can one university have two sons of SEC coaches and a Holtz lead them to a championship? They didn't and that's expected. At best, they are only treating your formerly div II school as a stepping stone.

Look, we're made of the some stuff. I'm equally sorry the WAC dissolved. Our current head coach was the quarterback in 2001. Yeah, this game means something.
    I think your assertion that Hawaii would have “owned” Tech in 2001 is based on the assumption the game would have been played in Hawaii. Change the venue to Ruston and I would assert just the opposite.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I think your assertion that Hawaii would have “owned” Tech in 2001 is based on the assumption the game would have been played in Hawaii. Change the venue to Ruston and I would assert just the opposite.
    UH is 3-2 in Ruston, and 5-0 out there. But, as for specifically 2001, game played in Ruston would have been a close, barn-burner. Neither side "owning" the other. Played out there....yeah, probably. We beat Rice in OT after blowing a 35-0 lead, and beat Boazy by a few points, sealing the game when their QB hit the helmet of one of his OL and it bounced in the air, a game-winning INT.

But, ya see!? Here we are talking smack with a UH fan, even after all these years later. I liked the WAC.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Which of your concerns is alleviated by a loss?
    Not to speak for my colleague PawDawg, but …

Losing in Hawaii would mitigate my concern that our team was, in fact, good enough to win its last two games, but just failed to do so because of poor effort.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

Losing in Hawaii would mitigate my concern that our team was, in fact, good enough to win its last two games, but just failed to do so because of poor effort.
    And that makes you feel better?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    But, ya see!? Here we are talking smack with a UH fan, even after all these years later. I liked the WAC.
    I was just thinking the same thing. We never get smack talkers over here from any CUSA schools, except maaaaaybe Southern Miss......and that's usually a "nice guy" contest.

But this WAC "rivalry" still appears to be alive and well.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Yes, ex post facto lowered expectations is an ancient strategy for feeling better.

More info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fox_and_the_Grapes

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Which of your concerns is alleviated by a loss?
    I don't want alleviation. I want to win the games we should win. If we win a very difficult road game it speaks to how bad our coach is, not how good he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I can’t ever pull against my team!
    I'm not, but like Holtz I just don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

Sort of, but winning would compound the losses. It certainly would not make me forget how bad our coach sucked in the last two games.

Would winning make you feel better about the crap we witnessed in most every game this year?

I can assure you that our AD is puckered up about how he will sell tickets and and LTAC membership from here out. Beating Hawaii won't help him.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I can assure you that our AD is puckered up about how he will sell tickets and LTAC membership from here out. Beating Hawaii won't help him.
    If Holtz beats Hawaii in Hawaii Tmac can claim it's something no other coach at Tech could do. (It won't work, but it is good spin).

Bulldog tanuki is just really nicetanuki is just really nicetanuki is just really nicetanuki is just really nicetanuki is just really nicetanuki is just really nicetanuki is just really nicetanuki is just really nicetanuki is just really nicetanuki is just really nicetanuki is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing. We never get smack talkers over here from any CUSA schools, except maaaaaybe Southern Miss......and that's usually a "nice guy" contest.

But this WAC "rivalry" still appears to be alive and well.
    With the Haka penalty, pine cone incident and the (haha) failed 2pt conversion, of course the rivalry is still
    alive. (I did meet a ULM grad on my last vacation and said, "Oh LaTech's little brother", She bristled.)

Come over to (one of) the Hawaii boards to talk smack.

https://247sports.com/college/hawaii...-Ohana-102452/

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

There are two options. I prefer we win as I don’t see how losing is beneficial in any way (despite the cognitive dissonance strategy of 967).

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I don't want alleviation. I want to win the games we should win. If we win a very difficult road game it speaks to how bad our coach is, not how good he is.

I'm not, but like Holtz I just don't care.

Sort of, but winning would compound the losses. It certainly would not make me forget how bad our coach sucked in the last two games.

Would winning make you feel better about the crap we witnessed in most every game this year?

I can assure you that our AD is puckered up about how he will sell tickets and and LTAC membership from here out. Beating Hawaii won't help him.
    If our AD is truly puckered, then it is time for him to demand changes. A true OC and no more micro-managing seems to be the place to start... The attendance in the two major men’s sports has cratered on his watch. If he can’t do something about it, maybe the first change should be made higher up than the coaches...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    If Holtz beats Hawaii in Hawaii Tmac can claim it's something no other coach at Tech could do. (It won't work, but it is good spin).
    That line became stale after the 3rd bowl win. It didn't work then, and as you have pointed out, it won't work after 5. Why? Because the few remaining fans can watch on TV for much less than spending good money to watch an S show in person.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I would hate to have TMac's job when it is time to send out the invoices for season tickets. If my daughter doesn't decide to go to TECH, it will be very difficult to make myself want them next year- especially with the LTAC premium. I get 5, and my family has others around. I have never ever cared less about going to a TECH game as I do now. In all my years as a fan, I have never seen the fan base so apathetic. It is very sad! We all want to be proud, and I am just thrilled no one will know they played in the middle of the night on the island. I don't think them winning will change the apathy at this point either- I don't think many even care.

There are two options. I prefer we win as I don’t see how losing is beneficial in any way (despite the cognitive dissonance strategy of 967).
    Be sure, I would prefer the Dawgs win.

But if they dont, I already know how I'm going to handle it.

+ Reply to Thread