+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Olympics Thread

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

The Olympics Thread

Wow.

Not sure if any one moment was on par with Ali lighting the torch, but as a whole, this may have been the greatest opening ceremony....no....greatest large-scale production I have ever seen.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The Olympics Thread

The opening ceremony has been unbelievable. That stadium is awsome. Jerry Jones is going to be pissed that his new stadium isn't as tricked up.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

If you ever wondered what happened to every dollar every American has spent at Wal-Mart over the last 20 years . . . they spent many of them on this opening ceremony. Hands down the most impressive. I want that LCD screen for the stadium.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I thought that Jerry's '20 to 20' yard line jumbotron was impressive.

But, sheez, that thing they have in Beijing is awe-inspiring.

The outside of the stadium looks like a rubber band ball, though. Or maybe the inside of a golf ball

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

That was the best I've ever seen for sure! The cube or box sequence with the people inside of them was AMAZING!!!

Wow, Iran just got booed like Ric Flair in the Hirsch in 1986. Harsh.

Love how they just HAD to show Dubbya during the Iraq entrance.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Wow, Iran just got booed like Ric Flair in the Hirsch in 1986. Harsh.

As they should. I love IT!

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    As they should. I love IT!
    I'm not gonna lie. I got a warm feeling inside when the Iraq congregation got such a great reception. That was a real feel good moment.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I thought Iraq was out...
    Last edited by johnnylightnin; 08-09-2008 at 07:52 AM. Reason: posted a dumb pic
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I thought Iraq was out...
    I dont get it?
    Last edited by Luminaire; 08-09-2008 at 11:11 AM.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I dont get it?
    Sorry. I didn't realize the IOC had lifted the suspension on Iraq for the 08 games.
    Last edited by johnnylightnin; 08-09-2008 at 07:59 PM.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Live streams of some of the more obscure sports on www.nbcolympics.com . Some going on right now! Its pretty cool to watch this stuff with no commentary. Seems 'pure'.

I found it interesting that they said that Kobe, Lebron's, and D-Wade's jerseys outsell even Yao's in China.

That begs the question -- given the universal popularity of the NBA (ESPECIALLY in China), are Kobe and Lebron the most popular athletes in the world? Your first instinct is, like, Ronaldo, but neither China nor the US (two big time population bases) give a damn about soccer.

Michael Schumacher may be up there as well. And Tiger, of course.

The more I think about it....Tiger may be the obvious answer.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I found it interesting that they said that Kobe, Lebron's, and D-Wade's jerseys outsell even Yao's in China.

That begs the question -- given the universal popularity of the NBA (ESPECIALLY in China), are Kobe and Lebron the most popular athletes in the world? Your first instinct is, like, Ronaldo, but neither China nor the US (two big time population bases) give a damn about soccer.

Michael Schumacher may be up there as well. And Tiger, of course.

The more I think about it....Tiger may be the obvious answer.
    To show you the popularity of soccer worldwide I saw some poll the other day on the worlds most popular athletes. #2 Tiger Woods. #1 .......David Beckham, well past his prime and not even playing in a very good league anymore, not one of the 25 best players in the world and he was still the most popular.

That doesn't suprise me though. The NBA is HUGE in China. They don't just follow Yao either. All the NBA stars are huge over there. They follow the NBA religiously.

Oh man I am watching Judo online and it is AWESOME.

I am going to be SUCH a degenerate for the next 17 days. This online player is incredible.

+ Reply to Thread