+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20 Reasons to Pull for Dallas to win the NBA Title

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

20 Reasons to Pull for Dallas to win the NBA Title

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: 20 Reasons to Pull for Dallas to win the NBA Title

20 Reasons to Pull for Miami

1- No matter what you think of LeBron, Kobe is the biggest POS in the NBA. A ring for LeBron gets him that much closer to dethroning Kobe.

2- Neither Mario Chalmers or Mike Bibby beat their wife.

3- Dynasties are polarizing and tend to attract more interest in sports.

4- The Mavs star is from Germany. Heat only have role player from Canada.

5- Udonis Haslem is the kind of player that America loves. Undersized but hard working with a motor that never stops.

6- Mike Miller deserves a ring with the issues going on with his baby right now.

7- Dolphins and Hurricanes are a shell of their former selves.

8- Charles Barkley wants the Mavs to win and he is an idiot.

9- Heat focus on defense and the Mavs will occasionally play good D.

10- Dallas wanted LeBron too. No need to reward Dallas just because they didn't land him.

11- Furthermore Dwayne Wade stayed where he was drafted so he deserves to win even more rings for that.

12- Pull for Miami because people get so full of hatred that they write stupid articles like this.

13- Pull for Miami because it will make the world grow up and realize what the Heat did wasn't that bad.

14- Pull for Miami because they have more players taking a pay cut in hopes of winning a championship before they retire.

15- Pull for Miami because they have Eddie House who gave up his minutes in order to bring his brother in law on the team to start at his position.

16- Pretty sure House, LeBron, Wade, Miller, Haslem, Bosh, and Anthony never beat their wives either.

17- Pull for Chris Bosh. The forgotten player of the Heat. He has sacrificed a lot being the 3rd option on this team.

18- Pull for Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem. College roommates and best friends getting the chance to play and win a championship together again.

19- On a similar note, pull for friendship. Wade and LeBron are also sacrificing a lot for a championship.

20- Pull for Erik Spoelstra. Everyone thought he was going to be a temporary coach this year until Riley got more pieces and took over. Well the Heat are exceeding just about everybody's preseason expectations and it appears Spoelstra might turn out being a pretty good coach. Speaking of guys that have done it the right way, he started out in the basement being a video guy for the Heat and now he is their head coach.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

21- Pull for Miami because Dirk stayed in Dallas because nobody else wanted him. Chris29 said in another thread that if he was serious about staying then he would've signed an extension before free agency.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post

9- Heat focus on defense and the Mavs will occasionally play good D.
    -The Mavs were 10th out of 30 teams in Points Allowed this year. (FYI Miami was 6th in this category)
    -They are 8th in FG percentage out of 30 teams. (2nd in Western Conference)
    -They are 7th out of 30 teams in opponents 3pt% (Miami is 9th)
    -They are ahead of Miami in opponents Turnovers Per Game.

-Jason Kidd leads NBA in Steals during this postseason. (Terry is 9th-Marion 11th)
    -Tyson Chandler finished 3rd in defensive player of the year voting.
    -Dirk is tied for 1st with Lebron for both most Defensive Rebounds and defensive rebounds per game during this postseason.
    -Dirk has 9 more defensive rebounds this postseason then his counterpart, Bosh, for Miami. For comparisons sake during the regular season Bosh averaged 6.5 Defensive Rebounds Per Game. Dirk averaged 6.3. Bosh averages 2 minutes more per game than Dirk.
    -Jason Kidd finished 7th in the regular season in steals per game and was 6th in the league in total steals.
    -Nowitzki and Bosh were tied for blocks per game this year.
    -Chandler was 5th among centers in Rebounds per game. Haywood 20th. Z, and Anthony were 24th and 26th respectively.

That does not sound like a team that only occasionally play good D.

I would agree with you that Miami plays better defense but to say Dallas doesn't play good defense or only plays occasional defense is baseless and you are flat out wrong.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

21- Pull for Miami because Dirk stayed in Dallas because nobody else wanted him. Chris29 said in another thread that if he was serious about staying then he would've signed an extension before free agency.
    Wrong again. He said publically he was always coming back to Dallas and that he was basing his new contract on who the Mavs could get during free agency because he was willing to LOWER his salary in hopes that Dallas could use that money to sign or sign and trade for an impact player. It is the exact opposite of what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Wrong again. He said publically he was always coming back to Dallas and that he was basing his new contract on who the Mavs could get during free agency because he was willing to LOWER his salary in hopes that Dallas could use that money to sign or sign and trade for an impact player. It is the exact opposite of what you are saying.
    Uh...yea...

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/...-99496869.html

Uh yea that was a story based on a link to a site you or I have never heard of and even on that site the exact quote was:

Let's go back to Free Agency.
    Gab es konkrete Angebote?
    Were there any specific proposals?
    Wenn ja von welchen Teams?
    If so by what team?
    Ja, ich mein, eigentlich wollte ich schon in Dallas bleiben.
    Yes, I mean, actually I wanted to stay in Dallas.
    Er gab zwar ein paar Angebote, aber so genau will ich das jetzt nicht ausdiskutieren.
    He were a few offers, but I want to thrash out as exactly that now.
    Aber auf jeden Fall hätte es schon eine unglaubliche Situation sein müssen, zum Beispiel mit LeBron irgendwohin zu gehen oder mit Wade eben in Miami zu spielen.
    But in any case, it would already have to be an unbelievable situation, to go somewhere, for example, with LeBron or Wade just to play in Miami.
    Aber selbst dann hätte ich noch überlegen müssen, ob ich wirklich aus Dallas weggehe, denn ich fühle mich dort sehr, sehr wohl.
    But even then I would have to consider if I really go away from Dallas, because I feel very, very well.
    Das Umfeld stimmt einfach in Dallas.
    The environment is just right in Dallas.
    Von daher war es für mich dann die richtige Entscheidung.
    Therefore, it was right for me then the decision.

He also said earlier in the same article in that link that the orignal goal all along was to stay in Dallas and lure one of the big names there. Dude you need to read the entire links and sources.

Of course when you are a free agent there are temptations. He would have been foolish not to consider every possibility. But he was never going anywhere. Everyone knew that before free agency even began.

Some more Dirk quotes:

"After I played here for 11 years ... I don't think it would feel the same way somewhere else. It's always been my dream here to finish my career and win a championship." -Dirk

I would say the key point is that our owner Marc Cuban immediately came to me and said: ‘Hey, Dirk, we both sit in the same boat. ” The same boat, that was it. He wants to be champion, I want to be champion, he dreams of it, I dream of it. If I would’ve left, I would have thought, I give up, I did not make it. It would have seemed to me like running away.” -Dirk

There is also the small matter of Nowitzki's own future to clarify, as he is eligible for an extension through the end of June and can still opt out of his contract to become a free agent July 1, even though Nowitzki has consistently said he hopes to retire as a Mav. -Mark Stein ESPN http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-100425/

Nowitzki is expected to opt out of the final year of his contract after this season, but he is not going anywhere. That is a business move — he wants a long-term deal under this Collective Bargaining Agreement rather than whatever is to come. He wants to stay in Dallas, owner Mark Cuban wants to keep him. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...p-may-be-next/

"My heart was always here. This is the place where I feel like we have unfinished business. … It wouldn't have felt right to go somewhere else and start all over. I'm happy where I'm at." http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...reseason_N.htm

I've heard of NBC...

But seriously how do you expect him to repsond. Do you want him to piss his fans off by saying he wanted to go to Miami? He basically said that he would've considered leaving Dallas. The exact opposite of what Rick Reilly says in his article.

I've heard of NBC...

But seriously how do you expect him to repsond. Do you want him to piss his fans off by saying he wanted to go to Miami? He basically said that he would've considered leaving Dallas. The exact opposite of what Rick Reilly says in his article.
    NBC got it from another link. One that you would have to be German to have heard of. Do you speak German Juice?

Yet that Mav's star had his hand over his heart during our national anthem while Lebron didn't.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

How in the world is that relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    How in the world is that relevant?
    The same way that Rick Reilly's list of 20 were relevant.

Yet that Mav's star had his hand over his heart during our national anthem while Lebron didn't.
    Is this going to turn into the next shake hands-gate?

NBC got it from another link. One that you would have to be German to have heard of. Do you speak German Juice?
    I do speak German. And the NBC comment was a joke. Just like how I really don't speak German.

I do speak German. And the NBC comment was a joke. Just like how I really don't speak German.
    Cool. (But, some of your posts have been so off the wall in that other thread that it is hard to tell when you are joking right now.)

+ Reply to Thread