+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Frisco Bowl: Louisiana Tech vs SMU (12/20)

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Frisco Bowl: Louisiana Tech vs SMU (12/20)

The FCS Championship game is played at Toyota Stadium, right? It is a great venue for accommodating crowds of that size. The stands are further from the sideline because it is a soccer stadium, and soccer fields are 20 yards wider than football fields. If it were built just for football, the stands could be much closer, making it even better. As it is, a dual-purpose venue, it is very nice.

It's a model that Tech needs to follow with Aillet, only on a larger scale. We should have a plan of phases, that would include increasing seating capacity in increments. Maybe something like 33,000, then 40,000. But, shorter-term focus on improving existing facilities. That glassed-in lounge with such a great view of the field, heck, 50-yard-line! is awesome!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The SMU Forum is interesting. Way more interest, and posts, regarding their coach search than the bowl game. Somewhat understanding since their next coach has way more impact on the future than a minor bowl. Also, Sonny Dykes is being mentioned as a candidate.

Most of the SMU fans are "okay" to "satisfied" with Tech as the opponent. Although there were a couple of morons who did the old "yawn" thing, as if the college football world is enthralled with their loser program.

Small stadium, so it will be, or already has been, sold out. Should make for a good atmosphere.
    contrary to belief of some--I like dawg80 ! his passion for Tech makes him a great person ... I am THE sunshine pumper and on may occasions crossed the line with my posts -- have a theory that meeting someone would make us nicer responding online--

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

The FCS Championship game is played at Toyota Stadium, right? It is a great venue for accommodating crowds of that size. The stands are further from the sideline because it is a soccer stadium, and soccer fields are 20 yards wider than football fields. If it were built just for football, the stands could be much closer, making it even better. As it is, a dual-purpose venue, it is very nice.

It's a model that Tech needs to follow with Aillet, only on a larger scale. We should have a plan of phases, that would include increasing seating capacity in increments. Maybe something like 33,000, then 40,000. But, shorter-term focus on improving existing facilities. That glassed-in lounge with such a great view of the field, heck, 50-yard-line! is awesome!
    I have been to most Tech Bowl games and you are 100% right-- everything about the stadium and bowl game was great - I had a blast visiting with so many die hard dogs --just a side note, the players climbing the wall to dance with band was a great memory and the band was Outstanding. Merry Christmas dawg80

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Yeah, but does this mean we have to be nice to all Tech supporters? I mean....even Hogdawg!???

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    IDIOT. Tech hasn't been 6-6 every year, which is only one thing incorrect in your moronic post -- among many of your moronic posts.
    OK-- this looks like a mean spirited -nasty post like I was thinking BUT I am doing my best to be nicer--- I purchased a few Bowl shirts for special needs kids and trying to treat FSH as a person who needs help-- think he meant losses --not sure what bad loses is-- Be Nice ( I am just upset because you posted before me)

Yeah, but does this mean we have to be nice to all Tech supporters? I mean....even Hogdawg!???
    at least during Christmas-

Back to the games...

Ohio 13 UAB 0 1st Qtr

Not looking good early for the worms.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    at least during Christmas-
    Okay, I can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    You can rewatch the game in ESPN3. SMU's qb Ben Hicks looked horrible (like a pile of hot doodoo). Play calling wasn't his problem. Dude looked scared and didn't know what to do when he felt pressure from our D.
    I have game on DVR -- watched it couple of times-- my favorite announcer story was Holtz took entire coaching staff to Amiks home during recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    My take from the Frisco bowl.

Pros
    - friendly staff and police
    - the gate lines went quick even with metal detectors
    - the indoor concession stand and bar were nice
    - every seat was a chairback
    - spacious concourse
    - we bought a $9 nachos (meat, cheese, sour cream) but they were twice the size of a standard boat of nachos
    - Beers were like 9 bucks. I had a double shot drink for $20. I saw many Tech fans splurging on adult beverages. All had a good time, no out of control patrons that I witness.
    - The sound guy, he did a good job to stop/fade out the piped music to let either band play. It was a nice mix of PA music and band.
    - Band of Pride sounded great. I was impressed by the loud brassy sound especially at halftime. They are growing and getting better.
    - It was an overall fun bowl experience. Frisco should be proud. The attendance is comprised by mostly fans of participating schools, I think they will grow and get more locals to attend.

Cons
    - the PA announcer was bad, I didn't like his voice nor his delivery
    - lights were too bright, it seems they aimed the lights to light up the field and the opposite stands. If you look up just a little, it's blinding.
    Really , are you complaining about the announcer being bad??? he was not bad, he was the worst I have ever heard--he was horrible!! Merry Christmas I felt the game experience was as good as it gets-- had a great time-- except for announcer

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    So pleased to see this performance. Nobody gave us a chance!
    TIME OUT!! I had my son change my logo to "what me worry" -I was all in on Tech winning and listed 5 reason why-- Healthy- Amick-Ferguson and Defense and Coach Holtz.. I felt comfortable with 5 points especialy at halftime with Tech and +39 points

UAB has FG attempt blocked....still down 13-0.

FG blocked? Hmmm...

Now 20-0 Ohio.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

UAB has FG attempt blocked....still down 13-0.

FG blocked? Hmmm...
    was it blocked on a legal leap?
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    was it blocked on a legal leap?
    Must have been legal....no flags thrown.

GOOD! Ohio 20 UAB 3

Go Worms!

27-3 now

+ Reply to Thread