+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congrats on the C-USA invite

Puppy UHLawdog is just really niceUHLawdog is just really niceUHLawdog is just really niceUHLawdog is just really niceUHLawdog is just really niceUHLawdog is just really niceUHLawdog is just really niceUHLawdog is just really niceUHLawdog is just really niceUHLawdog is just really niceUHLawdog is just really nice

Congrats on the C-USA invite

Houston fan here. I know a lot of UH fans are pleased that y'all have apparently finally been given a lifeline out of the WAC and into C-USA. It's a better fit on every conceivable metric. Best wishes for your continued success, other than on September 8 of course. :icon_wink:

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Congrats on the C-USA invite

Too bad the Cougars will be gone.

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Thanks. But the Coogs better get ready. I'm ready for a whooping by the Dawgs to exact some revenge for last year! I still get a sick feeling when I think about that game.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Thanks.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by girldawg View Post
    Thanks. But the Coogs better get ready. I'm ready for a whooping by the Dawgs to exact some revenge for last year! I still get a sick feeling when I think about that game.
    I listened to Dave call the first 3 quarters on the radio from Washington DC. Goin berserk on the metro and turned it off right before i ate dinner. When I turned it back on I happened upon the final 2 minutes.

At least at the joe everyone saw the Keenum train coming. My timing was so bad it was like getting punched in the stomach. I can't wait to get some revenge

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    . . . At least at the joe everyone saw the Keenum train coming. My timing was so bad it was like getting punched in the stomach. . .
    It was beyond painful watching that "train" coming and not being able to do a damn thing about it. Hope we beat them like a drum on Sept. 8 -- I plan to be there to see it!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    I listened to Dave call the first 3 quarters on the radio from Washington DC. Goin berserk on the metro and turned it off right before i ate dinner. When I turned it back on I happened upon the final 2 minutes.

At least at the joe everyone saw the Keenum train coming. My timing was so bad it was like getting punched in the stomach. I can't wait to get some revenge
    Had a friend who was listening...went to put his kids down to bed 3 minutes til the end, 34-7. Saw me the next day, said "How bout that game, eh?" The look on his face was sickening when I told him...

Varsity Bulldog SouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of light

I am happy to get rid of Houston. I went to Houston for the C-USA championship game and their campus sucked. It was like being in Mexico and Baghdad. Even their fans were saying how bad it got. I had one kid tell me they were the most diverse college in the world. I said that isn't a good thing and he agreed. Houston is not a fun away game.

Big Dog dawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her game dawg78's Avatar

Easy there SouthernMiss3613, some of Dawgs live here in Houston and really enjoy it. It's like Hattiesburg in the sense that there are good and bad about both....let's just be grateful neither are like those snobs in the Dallas Ft.Worth McKinney area.....oh, dad gum did I say that out loud HD???

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by girldawg View Post

This X 1000! It is going to be ugly at the Rob next year. I am thinking two touchdowns or more W for the Dawgs. And we will fill your stadium. Better get your fans prepared.

Thanks for the congrats!

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernMiss3613 View Post
    I am happy to get rid of Houston. I went to Houston for the C-USA championship game and their campus sucked. It was like being in Mexico and Baghdad. Even their fans were saying how bad it got. I had one kid tell me they were the most diverse college in the world. I said that isn't a good thing and he agreed. Houston is not a fun away game.

I live in Shreveport, so there is really no difference in a day spent at a game of U of H or a typically day in Shreveport. Just a little more traffic and much better dining & nightlife.

Varsity Bulldog SouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of light

dawg78,

I am strictly talking about culture of Houston's campus. I am not talking about the city in general. I only really got to experience the campus. I am not putting down the city of Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernMiss3613 View Post
    dawg78,

I am strictly talking about culture of Houston's campus. I am not talking about the city in general. I only really got to experience the campus. I am not putting down the city of Houston.

I am sure that he knows that. This was the reason for my comment. We have been to U of H's Robinson Stadium many times. About like leaving your car in the parking lot around Legion Field. One must hope & pray!

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

That loss was the only Time I ever felt sick after losing =/ Being there and seeing it definitely made it feel worse.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

I was hoping to stay out of this because it's not really pertinent, but...

I parked my car on campus for four years and nothing ever happened to it (a much better track record than I had in Idaho), despite the fact that I'm not even consistent about locking my doors. The stadium itself is on the side of campus up against the Third Ward residential zone (the same is true of the dorms where I lived), which can give it a misleadingly ominous feel even though the two worlds don't collide very often. Unfortunately, a lot of the nicer amenities (the stuff I wish had been there when I was a student) are on the opposite side of the campus, for those who plan to go to the game. Being a UH grad, I am naturally inclined to defend my school in any event, but I really did like the whole of the campus. It was a concern until I actually visited it and looked around. There were a lot of reasons that UH had my attention, but I wasn't sold on it until I actually got there. The worst thing about it right now is all the construction.
    Last edited by parialex; 05-01-2012 at 10:46 PM. Reason: moved parenthetical for clarity
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread