+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: George Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I don’t mind peaceful protest but don’t involve the flag of the United States and the National Anthem as you diss backdrop. Insensitive on their part toward so many individuals, families and our great country.
    You can't have it both ways. This IS a peaceful protest. This is their platform and they chose to use it. There is no form of protest on this topic that the dominant culture (ours) is going to be comfortable with because it highlights uncomfortable things. Nobody WANTS to think about slavery or stealing land from the natives, but those acts have an enduring legacy that is observable in numerous areas in our country. We should sit in that discomfort and hear our brothers and sisters out...ESPECIALLY those of us who are Christians. If you haven't yet, you should really watch Demario Davis's interview on ESPN.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Right. The pressure he’s under is for equating kneeling with disrespecting the flag.

He’s sort of apologized. Only thing that matters is how the locker room responds.
    Drew just wanted to be in the Cool Kids Club. Once LeBron King James --fortified with his fancy high school education-- spoke up, Drew quickly acquiesced. He even admitted that he should just keep his own mouth shut. And if he's going to be this big of a puss, I agree.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    The irony is how many white males in this country have vaginas. Including a few on this board.
    Amen!

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    As did I. Never disrespect the flag! Kneel after the game or at halftime. The dissenters are just being stubborn and are disrespecting the flag and military imho.
    This country was founded on protest and revolution. It is the main reason we have the bill of rights. We have a large population of people that feel they have been wronged for far too long. We can either start communicating and find solutions or we can expect another revolution at some point....

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    This country was founded on protest and revolution. It is the main reason we have the bill of rights. We have a large population of people that feel they have been wronged for far too long. We can either start communicating and find solutions or we can expect another revolution at some point....
    This is why I exercise my right to turn that junk off when it's done. This whole pandemic has shown me how little I need the trivial "entertainment" professional sports provide.

Are you saying if I feel wronged for some reason I am entitled to start a revolution? Well, for every issue someone feels wronged, so I guess you support anarchy?

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    This is why I exercise my right to turn that junk off when it's done. This whole pandemic has shown me how little I need the trivial "entertainment" professional sports provide.

Are you saying if I feel wronged for some reason I am entitled to start a revolution? Well, for every issue someone feels wronged, so I guess you support anarchy?
    No, I do not support anarchy or revolution. But if you do not see the division within the United States of America you must be blind. One could call us the Divided States of America...I wish it wasn’t so, but we are a polarized nation and if someone else doesn’t agree with your opinion you are labeled an idiot, liberal or racist.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Isn’t that how we got here in the first place? Easy to want to maintain the status quo if you’re at the top of the heap.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    No, I do not support anarchy or revolution. But if you do not see the division within the United States of America you must be blind. One could call us the Divided States of America...I wish it wasn’t so, but we are a polarized nation and if someone else doesn’t agree with your opinion you are labeled an idiot, liberal or racist.
    There ya go. I actually agree with you 100% on this.

Is there anything more racist than the statement "African American community"? Like all these individuals think as one unit, and must all be segregated together (similar to the native Americans being put on reservations). I have often wondered how long it would take for someone to realize this and point this out. It's like race is the determining factor to where they can live, how they can vote, and how they must view the world. It is the ONLY race in America that lives under this shadow, although I see a lot of effort to make the Hispanics join them.

So, ask yourself who this benefits. Who wants to make sure there is this reliable "African American community" that can be counted on perform menial jobs and vote for ONE PARTICAUALR PARTY? At the end of that train of thought, you'll find so-called "conservatives" (the chamber of commerce types) and the democratic party establishment.

I wonder why so many politicians fight the school voucher proposal? That would go a long way to creating real equality for the upcoming generation....and in America, economic equality is gold. But, in a generation or two you wouldn't have this block of voters to whom you could offer trinkets for their willingness to keep self-segregating and living in poverty.

Six black American have died as the result of this rioting....do their lives matter, too?

Isn’t that how we got here in the first place? Easy to want to maintain the status quo if you’re at the top of the heap.
    Status quo????? That's a "conservative" value.

Is there anything more racist than the statement "African American community"? Like all these individuals think as one unit, and must all be segregated together (similar to the native Americans being put on reservations). I have often wondered how long it would take for someone to realize this and point this out. It's like race is the determining factor to where they can live, how they can vote, and how they must view the world. It is the ONLY race in America that lives under this shadow, although I see a lot of effort to make the Hispanics join them.

So, ask yourself who this benefits. Who wants to make sure there is this reliable "African American community" that can be counted on perform menial jobs and vote for ONE PARTICAUALR PARTY? At the end of that train of thought, you'll find so-called "conservatives" (the chamber of commerce types) and the democratic party establishment.

I wonder why so many politicians fight the school voucher proposal? That would go a long way to creating real equality for the upcoming generation....and in America, economic equality is gold. But, in a generation or two you wouldn't have this block of voters to whom you could offer trinkets for their willingness to keep self-segregating and living in poverty.

Six black American have died as the result of this rioting....do their lives matter, too?
    i agree with a lot of what you say. Why is there a black community and not just the community? But then you have to ask, how many black people live in your neighborhood, go to your church, eat as friends at your table? White flight in a lot of cities is a real thing.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

No. The media is mental junk food and it's what we crave. We want to have our priors confirmed and the media is just giving us what we want. We were a lot better off when there were 3 channels that had news on for 1 hour a night. But, we did it to ourselves.
    Oh yes...what did someone say...now what was it? Oh yeah! easy to want the status quo when you're at the top of heap. Sound familiar?

The three networks back in the day shifted left on their own...well, maybe they were hijacked, but regardless, it happened. Then in 1991 CNN came along and pushed "mainstream media" further left. The Big Three had to play catch up and they went further left too. In 1989 Rush found an audience and in 1996 Fox News was founded. As Rush says when some people criticize him and want him off the air, "Hell! y'all created me!" Meaning what there was of the national media, including the NY Times and others, had been corrupted by leftists. They stopped being "news" organizations and were simply propaganda machines for libtards. Half the country tuned out, tired of the lefty spin on everything. As Rush says, little wonder he found a huge audience just waiting for someone like him to come along. Had the Big Three resisted the leftist takeover and remained as they had been, pretty much neutral, there would be no Limbaugh and maybe not a Fox News either.

And, truthfully, if there ever was any attempt at it, the networks have given up on trying to be neutral. They have all chosen sides. I suppose one could say that taken as a whole a person could get a "balanced" perspective on events by watching all of the networks. Of course, social media has furthered complicated things...not all in a bad way though. It's just more sources of "information" and of "spin" to sort through. One thing is certain, we ain't going back to the days of Walter Cronkite on the CBS Evening News...

Status quo????? That's a "conservative" value.
    Not if it’s unjust. Justice is a conservative value.

Are you willing to live in community with them and listen to them? Will you help your neighbor even if they are different than you?

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    The problem is systemic racism which is impossible to define and a good mate for reparations which is the ultimate goal...mo money
    Funny how the "systemic racism" rears its ugly head by far more these days in leftist-run states and cities in many cases with minority heads of government in those locations.

And for everyone viewing, here are the 2018 Bureau of Justice Statistics numbers for 2018 violent incidents involving Blacks and Whites. These numbers show where the real problem lies.

Total violent incidents--4,145,300
    Interracial violent incidents--607,725 (14.66% of total)
    White-on-Black incidents--59,777 (9.84% of interracial total)
    Black-on-White incidents--547,948 (90.16% of interracial total)

Those numbers are even more astounding based on the population difference. 9.17 times higher violent crime incidence with a 5.55 times lower population. That's a black-on-white violent crime rate just over 50 times higher than white-on-black by population.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Funny how the "systemic racism" rears its ugly head by far more these days in leftist-run states and cities in many cases with minority heads of government in those locations.

And for everyone viewing, here are the 2018 Bureau of Justice Statistics numbers for 2018 violent incidents involving Blacks and Whites. These numbers show where the real problem lies.

How may democra
    Total violent incidents--4,145,300
    Interracial violent incidents--607,725 (14.66% of total)
    White-on-Blank incidents--59,777 (9.84% of interracial total)
    Black-on-White incidents--547,948 (90.16% of interracial total)

Frisco,TX? How many blacks live within 2 miles of you?

+ Reply to Thread