+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 Worst Songs

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Re: 50 Worst Songs

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    A quick look through the Billboard charts of the 80's helped me compile this list of songs nominated for "Worst Ever"; the rest were gleaned from my own memory of the decade:

"Cherry Pie", Warrant
    "Rock Me Amadeus", Falco
    "Two Hearts", Stacy Q
    "When I see you Smile", Bad English

I also admit that when I was 18, I, yes I, owned the Pocketful of Kryptonite (Spin Doctors) cd, and freely admit to rocking out to it. I suspect that so too, did the writers of the article, though they'd never admit it. I also feel that Hootie has received far too much hate from revisionist history snobbery. It's all cool to bang on him now, but in the Summer of '96, everybody was all about some Hootie. Not like the songs above, which I knew were crap when the FM stations were playing them on repeat.
    Yeah those songs suck don't forget about Mr. Big - Be With You.

I was surprise to see R.E.M., "Shiny Happy People" I thought the B-52's chic was hot in a 1960's way

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    Two words.... ALL RAP!
    Disagree. There are some rap songs that will make elders get crunk.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    Yeah those songs suck don't forget about Mr. Big - Be With You.

I was surprise to see R.E.M., "Shiny Happy People" I thought the B-52's chic was hot in a 1960's way
    Man I like REM but I hate "Shiny Happy People" that's a terrible song.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Disagree. There are some rap songs that will make elders get crunk.
    word.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

A Bay Bay

Rock and Roll All Nite (great call. this song is terrible.)

Oh man, I so want to nominate Chatahoochie.

And Hootie is THE MAN. Don't be hatin' on Hootie. Cracked Rear View is one of the best albums of the 90s, and is in my truck's cd changer RIGHT NOW.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    A quick look through the Billboard charts of the 80's helped me compile this list of songs nominated for "Worst Ever"; the rest were gleaned from my own memory of the decade:

"Cherry Pie", Warrant
    About 5 seconds after clicking off this thread, this song comes on 99X. While I disagree with your opinion about the song, I find it quite funny that they play this song maybe once a month and it's right after you state it.

I'll ditto the Biz Markee nomination and I'll add:
    anything by Alicia Keys... they all suck
    Most songs by Tom Petty
    James Blunt ~ You're Beautiful
    Hinder ~ Lips of an Angel

I would have not listed:
    Limp Bizkit ~ Rollin' (overplayed in it's day... but not a bad song)
    Deep Blue Something ~ Breakfast at Tiffany's
    Chicago ~ You're the Inspiration

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    A Bay Bay
    That nomination is ratchet.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    About 5 seconds after clicking off this thread, this song comes on 99X. While I disagree with your opinion about the song, I find it quite funny that they play this song maybe once a month and it's right after you state it.

Most songs by Tom Petty

I would have not listed:
    You are a twisted freak. You like You're the Inspiration but you don't like Tom Petty.

Some of the older guys may rememeber this one, Bay City Rollers~Saturday Night, really bad!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Having listed The Doors "This is the End" and Simon & Garfunkel's "Sound of Silence" -

Makes the whole list irrelevant -

No Madonna, No Brittnany, No Wham, No Wham or Kenny Chesney -

No credibility....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post

Most songs by Tom Petty

I would have not listed:
    I liked Alicia Key's first song. Tom Petty is greatness. The Blunt song is a good song, but talk about getting overplayed. . .

Totally agree on Hinder - song is awful.
    I'd leave any Limp Bizkit song on the list, but I liked Breakfast at Tiffany's. You're the Inspiration isn't that bad (or that good) but Saturday in the Park is terrible.

I think we can safely add the Fergie catalogue to any worst ever list.
    Y.M.C.A. may be the worst song ever.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    You are a twisted freak. You like You're the Inspiration but you don't like Tom Petty.

Some of the older guys may rememeber this one, Bay City Rollers~Saturday Night, really bad!

I agree!! Come on Doc. Limp Biscuit hasn't ever come close to making a decent song. Terrible. The very first time Fred sang that Rollin' song it was overplayed.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Having listed The Doors "This is the End" and Simon & Garfunkel's "Sound of Silence" -

Makes the whole list irrelevant -

No credibility....
    Actually, Madonna was on the list--#9.

It seems to miss a lot of truly horrid stuff -- 70s cheesy disco, Brittany etc. from more recent times. It was like they were trying to find bad songs from decent groups.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I agree!! Come on Doc. Limp Biscuit hasn't ever come close to making a decent song. Terrible. The very first time Fred sang that Rollin' song it was overplayed.
    I actually liked the Three Dollar Bill Y'all album. Never liked Fred Durst, but kind of liked Wes Borland.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I actually liked the Three Dollar Bill Y'all album. Never liked Fred Durst, but kind of liked Wes Borland.
    The dude that thought it was cool to put that crap in his eyes? Another tool. I think I might have liked them if I were in 6th grade when their music came out though. Maybe I was too old when they were popular.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

No credibility....
    Now THERE'S a good call. That dude is just not any good at all.

+ Reply to Thread