+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jindal Article on Forbes.com

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Jindal Article on Forbes.com

I'm not posting this for political reasons, just to get a few opinions. I keep up with Louisiana, but I can't claim to be an expert on any of these talking points. Obviously, most people think Jindal will make a run for president in 2016, and this article seems to be a piece of the campaign.

He mentions $40M proposed for higher education. Is that tied into things like the cyber investment in Shreve/Bossier, or is that something else? I know that higher ed has taken tons of cuts in recent years, so hearing about a proposed increase is good news. Higher ed cuts aside, Jindal seems to have been pretty friendly to La. Tech.

I'm one of the "expatriate Louisianians" that would like to come home, but wanted to see what the locals think about the state of the economy and job market.

I agree with the political points he makes in the article, but that isn't my reason for posting this.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin...conomic-surge/

Thoughts?

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Jindal Article on Forbes.com

that $40 million from Jindal, while appreciated, doesn.t solve anything. Its far far too little to make up the slaughter of higher ed.

House Bill 142 proposed by the state treasurer come far closer to redirecting much needed $$$ to higher ed.

http://theadvocate.com/home/8923129-...er-on-quest-to

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The anti-Jindal forces will give you plenty of "reasons" to reject this article as so much propaganda. So, I won't attempt to give a fair and balanced response. I do think Jindal has tried to right the ship and has made a bunch of tough decisions in doing so. Doing that, of course, he made a ton of political enemies who are mad at him and will now say (or post) any lie they can come up with to try to discredit him. The only true test of his tenure, much like that of a POTUS, will come down the road....maybe as soon as a few years, or as long as 10 years or more.

In the short-term, I will offer a preemptive strike against the negative nancys sure to post. If one believes that gov-mint spending, and thus gov-mint power, should be curtailed then Jindal has taken some important steps setting the state on the right fiscal path. He has done this during a time of national economic crisis, beginning in 2008 and still lingering to this day. I find it curious that some will say, well, where is the great boom born of Jindal's reforms, and ignore the fact that Louisiana, among some other states as well, has out-performed the national economy. Given a strong national economy, Louisiana would reap the rewards of being fiscally sound. We have already, and better things are to come.

Louisiana was 44th in being business-friendly before Jindal took office, and we are now 5th. Conversely, the USA is now 5th in the world economically, but had been a clear #1 since WWII....up til obummer took office.

Give Jindal's reforms more time.....and a strong national economy....and we'll see how it looks then.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The anti-Jindal forces will give you plenty of "reasons" to reject this article as so much propaganda. So, I won't attempt to give a fair and balanced response. I do think Jindal has tried to right the ship and has made a bunch of tough decisions in doing so. Doing that, of course, he made a ton of political enemies who are mad at him and will now say (or post) any lie they can come up with to try to discredit him. The only true test of his tenure, much like that of a POTUS, will come down the road....maybe as soon as a few years, or as long as 10 years or more.

In the short-term, I will offer a preemptive strike against the negative nancys sure to post. If one believes that gov-mint spending, and thus gov-mint power, should be curtailed then Jindal has taken some important steps setting the state on the right fiscal path. He has done this during a time of national economic crisis, beginning in 2008 and still lingering to this day. I find it curious that some will say, well, where is the great boom born of Jindal's reforms, and ignore the fact that Louisiana, among some other states as well, has out-performed the national economy. Given a strong national economy, Louisiana would reap the rewards of being fiscally sound. We have already, and better things are to come.

Louisiana was 44th in being business-friendly before Jindal took office, and we are now 5th. Conversely, the USA is now 5th in the world economically, but had been a clear #1 since WWII....up til obummer took office.

Give Jindal's reforms more time.....and a strong national economy....and we'll see how it looks then.
    Good post, D80.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

He needs to worry about the state hospital system. The longer this grabs out the bigger the war between Tulane and LSU. We don't need them fighting....we need them working together and having us participate in biomedical research.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

I could hardly get past Jindal's anthropomorphization of data. But, when I did, I couldn't stop thinking of the emperor's new suit.

+ Reply to Thread