+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Louisiana Tech Football Schedule

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 2019 Louisiana Tech Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    Our current AD only signed off on moving years around with Mississippi State. All 6 games were scheduled prior to his arrival.
    Nope, you are wrong again. Our current AD took less money than our former AD originally signed off for with Miss State. You probably think the Baylor and NCSt deal are good deals as well.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Nope, you are wrong again. Our current AD took less money than our former AD originally signed off for with Miss State. You probably think the Baylor and NCSt deal are good deals as well.
    I promise you, I don't argue facts on here unless I literally have the document in my hand.

The original deal was from November 2007 and the second one was from July 2009. See the link below for the most recent contract and date change addendums. Note the signature for the most recent set of 3 games (to be amended multiple times) bears the signature of Derek Dooley.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14NO...ew?usp=sharing

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

The NC State deal is a close second. It's really sad that our AD is allowed to get away with these horrible deals.

- Two for one deals are just bad business unless they are structured correctly. Having a home game with a minimum buyout on the end of the series is bad business. Instead we should have the home game in the middle or at least have a HUGE buyout if he puts us at the end of the series.
    See, I'm not going to argue your Baylor point. We probably did leave some money on the table, although I will love to see Baylor in Ruston. That contract initially had our home game sandwiched in the middle, but from what I know [opinion] it looks like the Baylor home game was pushed out at our request to balance our future schedules once the SMU home and home was signed. Otherwise, SMU and Baylor would have both been in Ruston in the same season and the 2023 schedule would have been lacking. [/opinion]

As for the NC State deal, what is the bad part? The $1.1 million payout for the first game at NC State? Would you be satisfied if we played there for $1.1 million, we played there a second time expecting a return game and then they cancelled on us and owed us, say, $1.25 million? Would that be enough? 1.5 million?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Texas & Bowling Green games' TV & times should be announced tomorrow - C-USA marches to a different drum, so the rest of our game times and TV should be announced next Thursday.
    TV will be announced today according to several C-USA school twitter accounts.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I promise you, I don't argue facts on here unless I literally have the document in my hand.

The original deal was from November 2007 and the second one was from July 2009. See the link below for the most recent contract and date change addendums. Note the signature for the most recent set of 3 games (to be amended multiple times) bears the signature of Derek Dooley.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14NO...ew?usp=sharing
    He kicked a $500K can down the road four years, but took the same $500K. Great deal making with no consideration of the time value of money.

He kicked a $500K can down the road four years, but took the same $500K. Great deal making with no consideration of the time value of money.
    We got paid the $500K from Mississippi State in 2015 in a game that was played as scheduled. Our home game got pushed back one year (2016 to 2017) and our return game for that home game got pushed from 2017 to 2021. How are we losing on that?????

Strike two PawDawg.

What say you about the NC State deal? How much of a buyout on the end if they cancel on us is enough?

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar

GSU AthleticsVerified account @GSU_TIGERS 1h1 hour agoMore

BREAKING: Grambling State’s Sept. 7 football game against @LATechFB will be a 2:30 p.m. kickoff and will be broadcasted live on the @nflnetwork, which was announced as part of the @ConferenceUSA Partnership #RespectTheG #grambling #gramblingstate #gramblingstateuniversity

-----------

A 2:30pm kickoff on a September afternoon? I know TV drives kickoff times, but that is insane. Good luck with the heat.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDawg View Post
    GSU AthleticsVerified account @GSU_TIGERS 1h1 hour agoMore

BREAKING: Grambling State’s Sept. 7 football game against @LATechFB will be a 2:30 p.m. kickoff and will be broadcasted live on the @nflnetwork, which was announced as part of the @ConferenceUSA Partnership #RespectTheG #grambling #gramblingstate #gramblingstateuniversity

-----------

A 2:30pm kickoff on a September afternoon? I know TV drives kickoff times, but that is insane. Good luck with the heat.

We'd have been better off with ESPN3/+ game.

Here are the games NFL Network had to choose from that day:
    Tech/Grambling
    WKU/FIU <--- Surprised they didn't go with this one
    Tennessee State/MTSU

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Ok Sportdawg how am I going to watch those NFL Network games since UVerse cancelled that network. I wonder if I can stream through one of my DVD players like I do Netflix and Amazon. Maybe just use my desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Ok Sportdawg how am I going to watch those NFL Network games since UVerse cancelled that network. I wonder if I can stream through one of my DVD players like I do Netflix and Amazon. Maybe just use my desktop.
    I have a feeling it will be back on UVerse for the start of football season. ATT & NFL are fighting over NFL Sunday Ticket. If it's not back by then - it is available for streaming on Sling, Playstation Vue & Fubo. I don't know if you DVD has access to any of those services, but you can usually get free trial.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I can get hulu, you tube, vudu, amazon and netflix on my Samsung. Of course I can get ESPN3 on my desk top. What's the difference between ESPN3 and ESPN+. I thought "3" took the place of "+". I can also get most on my Magnavox TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Looks like I can get hulu, you tube, vudu, amazon and netflix on my Samsung. Of course I can get ESPN3 on my desk top. What's the difference between ESPN3 and ESPN+. I thought "3" took the place of "+". I can also get most on my Magnavox TV.
    ESPN3 is available for free with your internet or cable subscription. ESPN+ is a $5/month service; these games are exclusive to ESPN+.

Is your Magnavox a Roku TV? If so, you'll have access to all the games except North Texas (facebook).

We got paid the $500K from Mississippi State in 2015 in a game that was played as scheduled. Our home game got pushed back one year (2016 to 2017) and our return game for that home game got pushed from 2017 to 2021. How are we losing on that?????

Strike two PawDawg.

What say you about the NC State deal? How much of a buyout on the end if they cancel on us is enough?
    Where did you see that we got paid $500K in 2015? 2015 was the the first game of the extended deal done in in 2009. It matched up with the game to be played in Ruston (home and home). The $500K was to be paid for the game 3 trip to Starkville which was originally set for 2017, but later moved by our current AD to 2021.

I don't know how much is enough for the NCSt buyout of game 3. Probably much more than our AD settled for assuming he actually included a buyout clause. I notice the price was pretty hefty for the Miss St Series.

Where did you see that we got paid $500K in 2015? 2015 was the the first game of the extended deal done in in 2009. It matched up with the game to be played in Ruston (home and home). The $500K was to be paid for the game 3 trip to Starkville which was originally set for 2017, but later moved by our current AD to 2021.
    It is verbatim in the contract that I linked to. "4. MSU agrees to pay LTU, as full and complete compensation, the fixed sum of $500,000 for the game played September 12, 2015. No other compensation is exchanged, unless an institution breaches the contract".

I don't know how much is enough for the NCSt buyout of game 3. Probably much more than our AD settled for assuming he actually included a buyout clause. I notice the price was pretty hefty for the Miss St Series.
    The hefty price for the Mississippi State series was $900,000 for breach that Dooley negotiated. On the NC State contract, if they cancel the last game less than 18 months before they are scheduled to come (which would be the case if we played there two games and were due the return trip), they have to pay us $2 million for breach of contract. I'd say that's more than enough, HUGE even. In fact, that number is so big, I might hope they cancel on us and we can replace them with a different team and pocket even more money.

There are plenty of things to complain about, but these don't qualify.

It is verbatim in the contract that I linked to. "4. MSU agrees to pay LTU, as full and complete compensation, the fixed sum of $500,000 for the game played September 12, 2015. No other compensation is exchanged, unless an institution breaches the contract".

The hefty price for the Mississippi State series was $900,000 for breach that Dooley negotiated. On the NC State contract, if they cancel the last game less than 18 months before they are scheduled to come (which would be the case if we played there two games and were due the return trip), they have to pay us $2 million for breach of contract. I'd say that's more than enough, HUGE even. In fact, that number is so big, I might hope they cancel on us and we can replace them with a different team and pocket even more money.

There are plenty of things to complain about, but these don't qualify.
    Interesting. I was reading from the report put out by Tech Sept. 29, 2009, not the contract you provided. Based on the contract you provided, there is no money coming to us for the 2017 (now 2021) game so it's even worse than I thought. I'd say that is cause for concern. Please show me what we get paid for 2021.

Just so you'll know I was not making this up, the Tech article stated the following, "The extended two-for-one series will begin in Starkville on Sept.12, 2015 with Mississippi State returning that game in Ruston on Sept. 17, 2016. Louisiana Tech will then make another trip to Starkville on Sept. 9, 2017 and Tech will receive an additional bonus of $500,000 for that game."

I agree that a cancellation and a $2M check is better than playing NCSt in Ruston.

+ Reply to Thread