+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Louisiana Tech Football Schedule

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Re: 2019 Louisiana Tech Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Interesting. I was reading from the report put out by Tech Sept. 29, 2009, not the contract you provided. Based on the contract you provided, there is no money coming to us for the 2017 (now 2021) game so it's even worse than I thought. I'd say that is cause for concern. Please show me what we get paid for 2021.

2015 @ Mississippi State - Tech gets $500,000 > played as scheduled

2016 @ Ruston - no money exchanged > moved to 2017

2017 @ Mississippi State - no money exchanged > moved to 2021

So we paid them nothing to come here in 2017 and benefited from all the ticket sales and they pay us nothing when we go there in 2021. I'm not sure how that is concerning.

(last year's game in Starkville was actually from the first contract and rescheduled from 2009 by BVDV in 2011.)

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post

So we paid them nothing to come here in 2017 and benefited from all the ticket sales and they pay us nothing when we go there in 2021. I'm not sure how that is concerning.

(last year's game in Starkville was actually from the first contract and rescheduled from 2009 by BVDV in 2011.)

Yes, I'm aware of how things changed, but I was not aware that we were paid $500K for the first game in 2015. Tech reported to the media that we were to get paid $500K for the 2017 Starkville game, not the 2015 game.

Turned out not to be a good deal for us at all and backs up my dislike of 2 for 1 games. We got how much from all the ticket sales in 2017? Not much.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Yes, I'm aware of how things changed, but I was not aware that we were paid $500K for the first game in 2015. Tech reported to the media that we were to get paid $500K for the 2017 Starkville game, not the 2015 game.

Turned out not to be a good deal for us at all and backs up my dislike of 2 for 1 games. We got how much from all the ticket sales in 2017? Not much.
    Yeah, I'm with you on 2 for 1 deals in general unless it is someone that's gonna bring so many people you really have to move it to Independence Stadium to rake in some cash (A&M, Arkansas, Texas, LSU, Oklahoma, but I can never see that happening). Now, the NC State game has a high enough payout that it is really a money game and a home and home, which I don't have any problem with.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I might see A&M coming to Indy. They have traditionally liked to play in Shreveport. And of course they travel well. We probably couldn't accommodate all their fans if they came to JAS. The others, I agree. No way LSU would leave the friendly confines of Tigger Stadium for an out of conference game with a G5.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

- Not to sound like semantics, but the Miss. State series began as a home and home with and extra money game in Starkville. The deal BVDV cut with Miss St was much better than the one our current AD ended up changing around. We netted much less money out of the six game deal than we would have had he not screwed it up.

- The Baylor deal is HORRIBLE. It is THE worst deal any Tech AD since Stovall has cut. We need and deserve to make the going rate to play the big boys. There's no excuse other than bad negotiation skills by our lightweight AD. The NC State deal is a close second. It's really sad that our AD is allowed to get away with these horrible deals.
    ......but he's young. I guess you forgot, nothing else matters.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Ok Sportdawg how am I going to watch those NFL Network games since UVerse cancelled that network. I wonder if I can stream through one of my DVD players like I do Netflix and Amazon. Maybe just use my desktop.
    Simple question that has a simple answer: Cancel your U-verse subscription. Make a statement, that you're pissed, and you won't stand for it anymore.

It is verbatim in the contract that I linked to. "4. MSU agrees to pay LTU, as full and complete compensation, the fixed sum of $500,000 for the game played September 12, 2015. No other compensation is exchanged, unless an institution breaches the contract".

The hefty price for the Mississippi State series was $900,000 for breach that Dooley negotiated. On the NC State contract, if they cancel the last game less than 18 months before they are scheduled to come (which would be the case if we played there two games and were due the return trip), they have to pay us $2 million for breach of contract. I'd say that's more than enough, HUGE even. In fact, that number is so big, I might hope they cancel on us and we can replace them with a different team and pocket even more money.

There are plenty of things to complain about, but these don't qualify.
    What will it cost NCSU to cancel the Ruston trip BEFORE we reach the 18-month window prior to the scheduled game in JAS??

Thanks for the scheduling info, Z. IMO, it does look like that 3-game series was a bad contract for LA Tech. Essentially, Tech got only 500K for 2 road games in an SEC stadium, and a home game out of the deal. Considering the market value that P5 opponents are getting, Tech probably should have gotten at least and additional $1M from the 2-1 deal. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    What will it cost NCSU to cancel the Ruston trip BEFORE we reach the 18-month window prior to the scheduled game in JAS??
    $500K 36 months or more in advance
    $1MM more than 18 months or less than 36 months
    $2MM less than 18 months.

$500K 36 months or more in advance
    $1MM more than 18 months or less than 36 months
    $2MM less than 18 months.
    Awesome. Good info. Thanks.

Thanks for the scheduling info, Z. IMO, it does look like that 3-game series was a bad contract for LA Tech. Essentially, Tech got only 500K for 2 road games in an SEC stadium, and a home game out of the deal. Considering the market value that P5 opponents are getting, Tech probably should have gotten at least and additional $1M from the 2-1 deal. Just my opinion.
    I mostly agree. I don't believe the market bears an extra $1 million, but certainly more than $500K. Keep in mind that contract was signed in 2009 (by Dooley) and our payouts then were lower than now. For example, we got $710K from LSU in 2007, $825K from Ole Miss in 2011, and $850K from NC State in 2013. Had it been played in 2010-2012, it would have probably been ok, but it just wasn't adjusted well for future money. But that's just my opinion. We have to keep in mind the biggest payouts we read for playing at Alabama, for instance, are not the norm. We tend to hang on to the absolute biggest number we read and assume it is the going rate, when that is just not the case.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Simple question that has a simple answer: Cancel your U-verse subscription. Make a statement, that you're pissed, and you won't stand for it anymore.
    That's not a real option. I have too much tied into the package - telephone, internet and TV. Just renegotiated a lower price. Actually I have considered cancelling but I would have to look for an ISP and phone carrier. More due to inertia. Of course I am one of the few with a separate phone from my Cel.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Our six Home games in 2019 start times are categorized at:
    4 @ Saturday Afternoon games (2:30 or 3pm)
    1 @ Friday night game 7pm
    1 @ Saturday night game 6pm

Will more day games and a Friday game affect attendance even more negatively than is being currently projected on this board?

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post
    Our six Home games in 2019 start times are categorized at:
    4 @ Saturday Afternoon games (2:30 or 3pm)
    1 @ Friday night game 7pm
    1 @ Saturday night game 6pm

Will more day games and a Friday game affect attendance even more negatively than is being currently projected on this board?
    Probably so. Anyone with kids activities going on Sat. mornings will struggle to get there from Bossier/Shreveport- and then we always hear about the hunters. Night games are WAY better.

Personally I never liked the 6:00 PM kickoffs. Right at supper time. If you have been tail gating all day it's fine. I like the 2 or 3 PM kick offs, especially when it's cooler. But I have been to at least one 6:00 kickoff (at Manhattan, Kansas) when the temperature was 126 degrees in the stands. So those old 6:00 kickoffs didn't guarantee cooler temps. Seeing the times for this year I might be able to make a game and return the same day.

+ Reply to Thread