+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 155 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: peeve of the day

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

peeve of the day

this thread is for things that get under your skin, but don't warrant their own thread. posting your peeves here can be therapeutic, so you can just write a few words and leave it at that, or feel free to discuss as much as you like. the only rule is that there is a limit of 1 grievance per participant per 24-hour period.

i'll start it off with my first potd:

companies that coerce their employees into giving to a particular charitable organization (united way) through various forms of pressure and shame. if a company really wants to make a difference in the community, they should match every employee's charitable contributions dollar-for-dollar, to whatever legitimate charity that employee chooses.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Re: peeve of the day

The phrase "That is a pet peeve of mine." There can only be one PET peeve. All of the others are just peeves. It cannot be A pet peeve; it has to be THE pet peeve.

That is my pet peeve.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
    The phrase "That is a pet peeve of mine." There can only be one PET peeve. All of the others are just peeves. It cannot be A pet peeve; it has to be THE pet peeve.

That is my pet peeve.
    that has always been my pet peeve (i think i mentioned it in another thread a long time ago).

Varsity Bulldog dmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the rough

The difference between Inaugural and First Annual. Learn the difference, people.

Varsity Bulldog ProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the ears

Flat-billed ball caps

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

bastids what sit in their vehicle at the post office and take up a parking space while they read their junk mail.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Limbs grow down over sidewalks, into streets and parking lots.

Why doesn't anyone notice and cut the limbs? - oh yeah, that would be work...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfStudent158 View Post
    Flat-billed ball caps
    Worn sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcguirt23 View Post
    The difference between Inaugural and First Annual. Learn the difference, people.
    I know what Inaugural is and when it is supposed to be used. Is First Annual ever supposed to be used?

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    that has always been my pet peeve (i think i mentioned it in another thread a long time ago).
    Oh, I thought you had a one per day rule here. You break the rule within 10 minutes? This is "upsetting" to me since I can only have one per day. That was me you scolded back in the day. I don't understand why a person can't have more than one pet.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Worn sideways.

I know what Inaugural is and when it is supposed to be used. Is First Annual ever supposed to be used?

Oh, I thought you had a one per day rule here. You break the rule within 10 minutes? This is "upsetting" to me since I can only have one per day. That was me you scolded back in the day. I don't understand why a person can't have more than one pet.
    there is no limit on agreeing with others' peeves.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    companies that coerce their employees into giving to a particular charitable organization (united way) through various forms of pressure and shame. if a company really wants to make a difference in the community, they should match every employee's charitable contributions dollar-for-dollar, to whatever legitimate charity that employee chooses.
    Okay, here's a peeve of mine: United Way does not advertise the fact very openly that you can "donor designate." That way, your money goes where you want to put it. . . and it doesn't have to be one of their partner agencies.. It your favorite charity is a 501(3)c then all you do is ask for a "donor designation form" and fill out your donation to go to that charity, whether it's in your community or in mine. Shriners' Hospital, St. Jude, the local booster club . . . they just have to be a legit 501(c)3.
    PS--If you cannot figure out which non-profit to support just fill out "Boys & Girls Clubs of NE La." Tax ID # 72-0550496.:icon_wink:

Now, it's really better to write your check direct to your charity. . . When you "donor designate", United Way takes out of "administrative fee" of anywhere from 5-20%.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Workers at fast-food joints talking on their phone or texting while I'm trying to place my order! Makes me wanna say "you gotta be f'ing kidding me, right?"

Varsity Bulldog gimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her game gimpcoach's Avatar

:bigcry: people who claim to be college graduates who don't know how to use the words: to, too, two, know, no, there, their . . . Mrs. Starr taught us homonyms in the 8th grade and no former student would ever use them incorrectly. She would return from the grave and kick your butt.:icon_wink:

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post

That is my pet peeve.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I don't understand why a person can't have more than one pet.
    I also don't see why a person can't have more than one pet.

One of my peeves is when other people can't see that I'm right. Drives me crazy.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Workers at fast-food joints talking on their phone or texting while I'm trying to place my order! Makes me wanna say "you gotta be f'ing kidding me, right?"
    You've probably seen this, but if not, it is a great example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZkdcYlOn5M

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Tech grads who sport license plates, stickers and logoed apparel of another school.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread