+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: North Korea launches ballistic missile, pentagon confirms

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: North Korea launches ballistic missile, pentagon confirms

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    What if he isn't afraid to die?
    he loves single malt scotch. You figure that out

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Again, I don't think that the military would be bragging about the capabilities of a missile defense in Scientific American. I could be wrong, but most of the military strategists are not Trump equivalents.
    The military didn't write the article. It was about the fact that the opponent is not going to advertise what methods it might use to defeat an anti-missile defense.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    he loves single malt scotch.
    Who doesn't?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody have Kim-Jong-Un's email address. He needs to see this video. One B-2 is all it takes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbI1fULINek

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The best scenario is for China to step up and cause a regime change. China can do it, if they want to. Then hopefully the new guy will want to back away from the edge and remove the imminent threat of war. Economic sanctions won't work to deter fat boy, NK, unless China participates in the sanctions, which they haven't been. IF China starts adhering to the sanctions it will destroy NK's economy....what little there is of it. And! China needs to stop supplying NK with military equipment and technology. The ONLY peaceful solution is in China's court.

But, if there is to be a military option, then the sooner the better. It won't be clean. Unfortunately, many South Koreans will be killed. We will suffer some losses too. But, the longer we wait to exercise the military option, the harder/messier it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The best scenario is for China to step up and cause a regime change. China can do it, if they want to. Then hopefully the new guy will want to back away from the edge and remove the imminent threat of war. Economic sanctions won't work to deter fat boy, NK, unless China participates in the sanctions, which they haven't been. IF China starts adhering to the sanctions it will destroy NK's economy....what little there is of it. And! China needs to stop supplying NK with military equipment and technology. The ONLY peaceful solution is in China's court.

But, if there is to be a military option, then the sooner the better. It won't be clean. Unfortunately, many South Koreans will be killed. We will suffer some losses too. But, the longer we wait to exercise the military option, the harder/messier it will be.
    Hey, buddy, are you out of your freaking mind? A military attack by the USA against North Korea will start a war with China. We just need to relax and come up with some sanctions against countries that don't enforce the UN sanctions. Cutting North Korea income by 1/3 is bound to have quite an impact.......maybe one of the N Korean Generals will decide it is time for a regime change.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Hey, buddy, are you out of your freaking mind? A military attack by the USA against North Korea will start a war with China. We just need to relax and come up with some sanctions against countries that don't enforce the UN sanctions. Cutting North Korea income by 1/3 is bound to have quite an impact.......maybe one of the N Korean Generals will decide it is time for a regime change.
    No, I'm of VERY sound mind. I was not advocating military action. I was just making a pragmatic statement of fact: the longer we wait the harder it'll be.

I agree, and said as much, the best course is to work with China to force a regime change. According to a guest on FOX News this morning, a retired US general, now a civilian consultant, China has plants in NK's high command. Some generals who are friendly to China and who, with China's support, might engage in a coup. OK. Now, that might give the world a reprieve, stepping away from the edge of a conflict. But, for how long? Would we be looking at a crisis with NK a few years down the road?

What would a US attack look like, and what would be the results if we go now? There are varying opinions, but everyone asked agrees there is no way to take out 100% of NK's missile capability with a first strike. Some will survive, and that means Seoul will definitely be hit. And it's possible US bases in SK will be targeted (but doubtful), and maybe mainland Japan. Military experts say there is a way to assure more success with a first strike, but that means moving more assets close to NK. The US would have to send at least two more super carriers to those waters, and maybe our allies, especially the Brits, might have to cooperate. But! that will take a month and obviously NK would know the additional carriers are on their way. Hardly a surprise attack.

Right now, as of August, 2017, there is NO WAY NK can strike any US assets or territory if we launch an attack first. Why? Because NK's missile technology is decades old. They only have liquid fuel rockets and those take time to prepare and to get launched. If we launch air strikes and NK tries to respond with missile attacks, our planes would be on those launch sites in plenty of time to take 'em out. But, NK does have short-range rockets that can reach Seoul and Japan, and those are on mobile launch platforms that can be better protected, and the launch sequence is a matter of a couple of minutes. Those pose a risk. Now, if we allow NK to launch their missiles before we try to respond, then yes, Guam and even Hawaii and Alaska are at serious risk.

Again, I'm not advocating any course of action. I'm just laying out the facts.

Ya know what....Trump claims to be a master negotiator. It's time he goes to China and "makes 'em an offer they can't refuse." He can bring the Godfather with him.

Actually, one could argue that the longer we wait the easier it will be to de-nuclearize N Korea. Give the new sanctions time to work, and follow up with new US sanctions if necessary. The pre-emptive military option is off the table. It could easily lead to a nuclear World War III.

Actually, one could argue that the longer we wait the easier it will be to de-nuclearize N Korea. Give the new sanctions time to work, and follow up with new US sanctions if necessary. The pre-emptive military option is off the table. It could easily lead to a nuclear World War III.
    Yeah, if one is to believe NK's nuke program can be de-fanged. I'm not one of the naïve class who believes that. Anymore than Iran being de-nukified (I made up that term).

As mentioned NK is depending on old technology (liquid fuel rockets) right now. They are developing....with China's help....solid fuel rockets. That will be a game-changer should NK get that technology operational. IF we are to EVER exercise a military option, now is the time. Else, California will be at risk. Oh, wait....maybe....hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yeah, if one is to believe NK's nuke program can be de-fanged. I'm not one of the naïve class who believes that. Anymore than Iran being de-nukified (I made up that term).

As mentioned NK is depending on old technology (liquid fuel rockets) right now. They are developing....with China's help....solid fuel rockets. That will be a game-changer should NK get that technology operational. IF we are to EVER exercise a military option, now is the time. Else, California will be at risk. Oh, wait....maybe....hmmmm....
    Well, if N Korea wants to attack Los Angeles with nuclear weapon all they have to do is put a nuke in a shipping container on a freighter headed to Long Beach port.

Like I said before, if the US attacks N Korea we will be involved in a war with China. Do you want that?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if N Korea wants to attack Los Angeles with nuclear weapon all they have to do is put a nuke in a shipping container on a freighter headed to Long Beach port.

Like I said before, if the US attacks N Korea we will be involved in a war with China. Do you want that?
    We can make the Chinese economy go bankrupt in a minute. All we have to do is stop taking their crap. Don't buy any rope or string that's made in China. The string looks like nylon, but, it's not. I bought a cover for my outboard motor about a year ago from Bass Pro Shop. I pulled on the drawstring recently and it broke real easy. I had a 1/2" rope on my boat that had some kind of powder in the center.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    We can make the Chinese economy go bankrupt in a minute. All we have to do is stop taking their crap. Don't buy any rope or string that's made in China. The string looks like nylon, but, it's not. I bought a cover for my outboard motor about a year ago from Bass Pro Shop. I pulled on the drawstring recently and it broke real easy. I had a 1/2" rope on my boat that had some kind of powder in the center.
    Sounds good to me. BTW, do you shop at Wal-Mart?

Sounds good to me. BTW, do you shop at Wal-Mart?
    I shop at Walmart and several other stores. I don't buy crap made in China unless I have no choice. I don't like supporting communism.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I don't like supporting communism.
    I don't either but China has steered away from a communist economy for decades now. It's only a communist nation in name now. Authoritarian? Most definitely. Communist? Not really.

Hong Kong has taken over China. It's a capitalist society, with a fascist government.

+ Reply to Thread