+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what would you rather have?

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

So what would you rather have?

1) The Techsters win out the regular season.

2) Lose any number of games, Long is fired.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Re: So what would you rather have?

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    1) The Techsters win out the regular season.

2) Lose any number of games, Long is fired.
    How about a third option & that's win the WAC tourney (??!! ) & go to the NCAA's but still cut CL loose!!??

If I have to choose between your 2 options, as much as I'd like to see CL get released as HC, if the only way that could happen would be for the Techsters to lose the rest of their games then I'm afraid that my Techster pride ( what little is left, that is :bigcry would rather see them win out. THEN we could see what DR & the new AD ( hopefully NOT one of his puppets ) will do w/the program.

MG
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 02-15-2008 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Add Comment

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

MG-
    I'm with you. I would rather Long stay if that means the Techsters return to the tourney....and you KNOW how badly I'd like to see him go.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Any option that has DR retiring...

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Any option that has DR retiring...

While that may be a popular opinion, Dr. Reneau has lots of political clout. His retiring now would not be good for TECH.

Even though some may say "too little too" late with his recent commitment to athletics, the true answer is "its about time".

Varsity Bulldog gonzajo71 is an unknown

The Mega Million jackpot of $179 million tonight !!!!!!!! In regards to Tech, however, I would rather win the games we can, and just hope that we win tourney to get into NCAA, but truthfully, I don't see us winning the WAC tourney. Alas, I believe it will be the 2nd yr in a row we miss the tourney, but at least the PA at the TAC can still say "NEVER A LOSING SEASON". Hopefully Long will be gone at end of season, and we can start over.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    While that may be a popular opinion, Dr. Reneau has lots of political clout. His retiring now would not be good for TECH.

Even though some may say "too little too" late with his recent commitment to athletics, the true answer is "its about time".
    He's a politician. I don't trust politicians.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Please provide examples of his "political clout".

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

DR and Long gone any way it takes to make it happen

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Would you rather a diploma from MIT or LSU?

I tried to pick two extremes to illustrate a point.

While DR has been AWOL on athletics he is done a credible job (some say a great job) on academics. The mission of Louisiana Tech University is to provide a quality education. Any president of ANY university should be focused on that primary mission. Now, he also needs to hire a decent AD to manage athletics. Tech has not had a decent AD in a loooong time.

At the end of the day, when I proudly look at my Tech diploma, I want to know that my alma mater is meeting its primary mission. Most diplomas, that I know of, don't have written on them the records of the various sports' teams.

Athletics exist to SERVE the needs of the university. Yes, it can be the window that the school is viewed through for too many people. Athletics can serve to instill some pride and rally support for the university. Fine, great. But the bottom line is still what sports do to advance the university as a whole. It is not, and can not be, an end in itself.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    his in-laws started the Shaw Group and are very influential in the DNC. :icon_wink:

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    He has Bobby Jindal's ear.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

He has Bobby Jindal's ear.
    Please tell him to send Bobby's ear back. It can't be good to piss off the Governor by holding his ear for ransom.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Please tell him to send Bobby's ear back. It can't be good to piss off the Governor by holding his ear for ransom.

He needs to twist it. While his hiring freeze is a GREAT idea, don't let it be a detriment.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

He needs to twist it. While his hiring freeze is a GREAT idea, don't let it be a detriment.
    What is going on with lsu's hiring of a mbb coach? Bet they won't have one problem with this freeze.

+ Reply to Thread