+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fukudome to decide tonight whether to come to MLB

Champ buck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to behold

Fukudome to decide tonight whether to come to MLB

Just for laughs!!!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3149131
    Fukudome to decide tonight whether to come to MLB

By Jerry Crasnick
    ESPN.com
    (Archive)

Updated: December 10, 2007, 3:16 PM ET

Free agent outfielder Kosuke Fukudome plans to announce late Monday night U.S. time whether he will play in Japan in 2008 or pursue one of several offers from Major League Baseball clubs, his agent told ESPN.com.
    The Nikkansports newspaper reported Saturday that Fukudome has turned down a lucrative multiyear offer from the Tokyo Yomiuri Giants and will play in America next season. But agent Joe Urbon said the report was premature, and that Fukudome is still conferring with his family in Nagoya, Japan, in anticipation of his decision.
    "If the report was accurate, you would have seen quotes from the player or the [Yomiuri] club," Urbon said. "He hasn't made up his mind yet. When he does make up his mind, the first point of communication will be to the clubs in Japan."
    The Chicago Cubs and White Sox, San Francisco Giants and San Diego Padres are among the clubs interested in Fukudome, a .305 career hitter with 192 home runs and a .397 on base percentage in 1,074 games for the Chunichi Dragons.
    The Dragons, Hanshin Tigers and Yomiuri Giants have all made offers to Fukudome in Japan. While the outfielder's final choice has apparently come down to Yomiuri or the United States, Urbon said Fukudome wants to inform all three Japanese clubs of his intentions first-hand out of "respect for the process."
    "I'm not going to speculate on his mindset," Urbon said. "I'm very optimistic that the opportunity here is a very good one for him and that he'll have a lot of success. But he also has a great opportunity in Japan. He's from there, and it would be a very comfortable decision for him to stay."
    Although Fukudome is not expected to receive a deal close to Torii Hunter's five-year, $90 million contract with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, the market for other prominent outfielders has begun to take shape recently. Andruw Jones agreed to a two-year, $36.2 million contract with the Los Angeles Dodgers, and Jose Guillen signed a three-year, $36 million deal with Kansas City last week.
    Fukudome hit .351 with 31 homers and 104 RBIs in 2006 to win the Most Valuable Player award in the Japanese Central League. He appeared in only 81 games in 2007 before undergoing season-ending elbow surgery.
    Jerry Crasnick covers Major League Baseball for ESPN.com.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Fukudome to decide tonight whether to come to MLB

How would one pronounce that name? The traditional way?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Ha! I doubt people really care, but it is actually pronounced

Fu (like "foo") - Ku (coo)- do (doe) - me (may)

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

At first glance at the title, I figured this was a gag-thread.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Where is Harry Caray when you need him? Fukudome signs with Cubs for 4 years and $48 million - http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/art...=.jsp&c_id=chc

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

As a Cubs fan, I'm glad to see this. As a guy with a dry, warped sense of humor, I would rather see him sign with Minnesota. That way, he could be paid a high salary and be given naming rights to the dome....the Fukudome . Prounouce it however you want.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I am glad to see one of these good Asian players finally sign with a non-coastal team. I swear I thought they believe the US was only the West and East Coast. Of course, when you have the Yankess signing half of the world, it seems that way. Even past that, Seattle had Ichiro and Suzuki, LA has Saito, Red Sox got Ohkajima, Yanks have more than I care to list. i guess Taguchi plays for the Cards and Iguchi came up with the Sox, but neither of them were "sexy" coming out. Glad to see the Cubbies get this guy.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    How would one pronounce that name? The traditional way?
    "The Astro's are my BEEEATCH..."

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    At first glance at the title, I figured this was a gag-thread.
    I especially thought that when i saw Dirtydawg had posted.

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Baseball Re: Fukudome to decide tonight whether to come to MLB

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    "The Astro's are my BEEEATCH..."

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I am glad to see one of these good Asian players finally sign with a non-coastal team. I swear I thought they believe the US was only the West and East Coast. Of course, when you have the Yankess signing half of the world, it seems that way. Even past that, Seattle had Ichiro and Suzuki, LA has Saito, Red Sox got Ohkajima, Yanks have more than I care to list. i guess Taguchi plays for the Cards and Iguchi came up with the Sox, but neither of them were "sexy" coming out. Glad to see the Cubbies get this guy.

"Little" Matusui just played in the World Series with Colorado and signed with Houston (I know, he did start with the Mets). Saw him play in Osaka.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    "Little" Matusui just played in the World Series with Colorado and signed with Houston (I know, he did start with the Mets). Saw him play in Osaka.
    Yeh, I am glad to see him do well after being wrote off in the Big Apple. He discovered the rest of American and it paid off for hm.

+ Reply to Thread