+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Art Briles

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Art Briles

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I'm not even taking Summit into account

Our athletes are far from lilly white and angelic

That's why I don't rush to judgement about other programs and their leaders
    No, I agree.

I think "boys will be boys" is a despicable dodge but at the same time we do expect that young men in those situations are usually not exactly paragons of moral uprightness. Unfortunately.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I agree we don't need to feel superior to other programs, we have our own problems. However, hopefully we can avoid going out and shopping for known problems to bring in- and Briles is a known problem.

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

should Briles ever get another job as a coach?

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by counselingdawg View Post
    should Briles ever get another job as a coach?
    No

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by RGTech98 View Post
    Y'all are killing me by trying to give a HC a bye because the number of rape convictions are low. Rape cases are rarely reported in the first place and rarely result in a conviction. Most often the first action of the victim is to go home and take a shower which removes all evidence. Then they don't consider reporting the incident (rape) for days or even weeks or months; then it becomes a he said/she issue that most prosecutors won't touch.

The issue at Baylor is the volume of complaints that came out once the first victim seemed to actually be heard. It uncovered a systematic desire to look the other way by everyone including the police and the HC. But the buck has to stop somewhere and in athletics it is with the HC - PERIOD. That is what he/she is paid for...
    No, you still reveal that you are getting your info more from ESPN than from any facts (and you're building some nice straw men, but we'll ignore that). Baylor's admin was mishandling Title IX complaints. Briles screwed up some in that -- failing to report to the right people when he knew about things. (thus, he needed to be fired) I have yet to see one single bit of evidence that there was any systematic attempt to *cover up* events. Sadly, we're probably never going to get a look behind the curtain, but it still looks like most of what happened at BU had more to do with incompetence than malice. And it could easily happen in a lot of athletic programs.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Me neither...but it's a risk/reward calculation. I don't know that Briles is worth the risk.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Hiring Briles could kill our attendance.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Hiring Briles could kill our attendance.
    I see what you did there

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Me neither...but it's a risk/reward calculation. I don't know that Briles is worth the risk.
    After 1 season the noise would die down from someone hiring Briles as a coordinator. Think of all the times that school would be mentioned in the media.... The only real risk of hiring Briles as a coordinator is that we might have an offense.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

^^^^THIS!!!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    After 1 season the noise would die down from someone hiring Briles as a coordinator. Think of all the times that school would be mentioned in the media.... The only real risk of hiring Briles as a coordinator is that we might have an offense.
    ^^^^THIS!!!

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

The bottom line with Art Briles is the fact he is unhirable. Fair or not, him getting a job at any level of football is doubtful. Him getting any job in college football ever again is almost impossible.

Again, it may not be fair, but that's the reality.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    The bottom line with Art Briles is the fact he is unhirable. Fair or not, him getting a job at any level of football is doubtful. Him getting any job in college football ever again is almost impossible.

Again, it may not be fair, but that's the reality.
    Donald Trump is POTUS... anything is possible. I would be interested in hearing what some of Briles’ assistants have to say as well as former players. Has anyone ever interviewed RG3 on Briles?

D

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

One thing for certain is that our HC will NEVER hire another offensive coach who knows MUCH more about the game than him. Rattay is now gone. Some of you should be happy that our QB is now well coached.

I don’t recall Rattay being mentioned in this thread... but whatever.

+ Reply to Thread