+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taxes

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Taxes

This is how I feel every year when I turn in my taxes.http://news.msn.com/us/ex-us-defense...urn-is-unknown
    Has anyone ever called their help line and actually got help. I've done my taxes every year except for 2009. That was the year I withdrew the money from an IRA that I started several years ago with $5,000. I had no record showing that I started the IRA with after tax money and the bank had been under at least 4 different owners, so I went to a CPA and explained to her what I did. She charged me $220 and I got a letter back from the IRS telling me that I owed taxes on the $5000 that I had already paid the taxes on. So, I did some research and found out that she was supposed to fill out another form for the $5000. So, I filled out the form and sent it back and they sent me a letter back saying that everything was ok. So, I wasted $220 going to a CPA that didn't know any more than I did.

This year I got audited for 2011. They sent me a letter saying I owed another $1348. The IRS got the same information that I got from Optum Bank HSA showing that I spent $2704 on my healthcare which was all tax deductible. So, I went to my account and made copies of all my receipts and sent them to them and explained to them how a HSA works. I also sent them a check for $39 that they claimed was a dividend on a life insurance policy. They sent me a letter back saying everything was ok. So, just in case you get audited, doesn't mean they are right.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Re: Taxes

Dammit Don, pay your fair share and be happy that King Obama doesn't come looking for more.
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I love having a tax-free living. But I would prefer to be paying taxes.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I love having a tax-free living. But I would prefer to be paying taxes.
    Dammit Justin, you need to get in on the fair share giving part of the equation.
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Ya know, I actually called the IRS about 3 years ago, to ask them some questions about my HSA before I filled out my tax returns, and the guy on the line shocked me with how friendly and helpful he was. I also didn't have to wait more than a minute to get to talk to someone. That was the only time I ever actually just directly called the IRS, and I wasn't sure if they were always that helpful over the phone, or if I was just lucky. The guy that I talked to went into detail about everything I asked him about, without sounding confusing. It still doesn't make it easier for me to hand over money to the idiot feds though...

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    Dammit Justin, you need to get in on the fair share giving part of the equation.
    too busy being a taker.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

You can't make this stuff up. I guess this is the only way to truly get money from the bleeding heart liberals/progressives around the world.

UN eyes tax on football tickets to pay for humanitarian aid...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    You can't make this stuff up. I guess this is the only way to truly get money from the bleeding heart liberals/progressives around the world.

UN eyes tax on football tickets to pay for humanitarian aid...
    Sanders and Hillary hammer the "rich" and the GOP with taxes and class warfare.

LIST: Bernie Sanders' $19.6 trillion in tax hikes...

AND YET!!!

Top 1% provide 1/3rd all donations...

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea what is going to happen, but let’s assume that all the right people get a tax cut. Will any dems get voted out for not being smart enough to join in or for not being smart enough to understand what they voted on?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

All protestors and anti-Trumpers just need to write a check back to the US Treasury for the difference in their take-home pay. There were protestors (funded by George Soros) screaming to "Kill the bill!" Okay, those morons can join others and return their tax break.

Then the libtards on ABC are lamenting that tax cuts for the wealthy are permanent, but those for the middle class expire in 2027.

First...most Americans will be happy with ten years of lower taxes. But, the real point is NOTHING is permanent! Heck, two years from now a new Congress could completely rewrite the tax code again. What a totally asinine thing to be concerned about. But, it's all the libtards have. The left is completely devoid of good ideas, ones that actually help Americans and the country. All they have is to protest good things.

And of course....the biggie! Libtards suddenly concerned about the national debt. By their own admission this tax change might add $1.5 trillion to the debt over the next 10 years. Really? But, those same libtards are okay with obummer adding $10 trillion to the debt over just 8 years. In truth, if (big IF) the Repubs stick to the plan, the national debt will go down over the next 10 years.

Alas, too many of the Repubs are stuck in the swamp. So, I expect to see "tweaks" made to this plan. Quietly, slipped in over the next months and years that effectively undermines this positive tax change. It's the way the swamp operates.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

And the libtards in the high tax states, especially New York and California, are squawking how unfair this tax bill is to them. Why? They get to pay more taxes. One would think these rich libtards would be celebrating. They love taxes! They love big government! Can't tell you how many stupid comments I have seen over the years, from libtards, bashing the low-tax states and laughing at the idiots who live there. If you pay attention to these things, like I do, Kansas was really in the crosshairs when that state had some state budget issues. As did Louisiana, under Jindal. The truth is ALL 50 STATES should have followed those models and rendered the federal guvmint impotent to interfere in state affairs. Somewhere in the archives on this forum are several threads about Louisiana and Jindal. In several posts I pointed out how bold Jindal was to do the right thing, and the price he paid politically. And! thanks to obummer and his anemic national economy, Louisiana did not reap the benefits of Jindal's plan.

Jindal, and the other courageous governors and legislatures, did the right thing for the sake of this country. Now, as a measure of "told you so" most states will benefit from this tax change, while those on the opposite end will get hit the hardest. Guess we in those "moronic states" can laugh at the libtards now. (but, laughing at others' woes doesn't help move our nation forward)

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I have no idea what is going to happen, but let’s assume that all the right people get a tax cut. Will any dems get voted out for not being smart enough to join in or for not being smart enough to understand what they voted on?
    No. The dems that vote for them don't care about anything but hating the other side. The culture of hatred keeps them from thinking.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...rticle/548726/

Running the numbers for me, looks like I am to get a nice windfall that I don’t really need all at some future generation’s expense. Since I don’t have kids, it will be your kids picking up the tab. Seems silly, but oh well, guess I will use it to go buy some bitcoins.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...rticle/548726/

Running the numbers for me, looks like I am to get a nice windfall that I don’t really need all at some future generation’s expense. Since I don’t have kids, it will be your kids picking up the tab. Seems silly, but oh well, guess I will use it to go buy some bitcoins.
    If you don't need the money, why don't you do something positive with it, like help those that do need it? I know that isn't the democrat way, but, you don't have to be like the rest of them- live dangerously- donate to a charity.

+ Reply to Thread