+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Robin Williams Dead at Age 63

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Robin Williams Dead at Age 63

Robin Williams died earlier today from an apparent suicide at age 63. He was a fantastic comedian who was wildly inventive and manic in his stand-up performances and comedic roles in Mrs. Doubtfire, Mork and Mindy, Aladdin, and Good Morning Vietnam. He was also a wonderful dramatic actor in Good Will Hunting and Dead Poets Society.

Here are some of Robin's best scenes in Good Morning, Vietnam:

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Robin Williams Dead at Age 63

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

He was a very talented man. He will be missed. I think I'll watch Patch Adams this weekend.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

He never failed to make me laugh.

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

My first taste of Robin Williams was the "Happy Days" episode where "Mork from Ork" was introduced. I laughed so hard at his antics my sides hurt!! I still have that episode stashed somewhere.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Whenever Robin Williams would make an appearance on Letterman, Leno, Carson . . . any of the late night TV shows . . . I would stop everything I was doing and watch his appearance.

NEVER DISAPPOINTED. Always great laughs.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I had a friend and former business associate take his own life a couple of months ago. He was 60. He was suffering from drug-induced depression. My understanding is he was on some prescribed medication with a side-effect of depression. He shot himself after telling his wife "have a good day at work, honey." She heard the shot from the garage and went back inside and found him dead. I don't understand this level of depression that would cause someone to commit suicide. No matter how depressed they may be, they have to know the pain it will cause their family and friends. People who know them will blame themselves, "how come I didn't see this coming?"

I am not passing judgment on Robin Williams, or my friend. Just trying to understand this.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I had a friend and former business associate take his own life a couple of months ago. He was 60. He was suffering from drug-induced depression. My understanding is he was on some prescribed medication with a side-effect of depression. He shot himself after telling his wife "have a good day at work, honey." She heard the shot from the garage and went back inside and found him dead. I don't understand this level of depression that would cause someone to commit suicide. No matter how depressed they may be, they have to know the pain it will cause their family and friends. People who know them will blame themselves, "how come I didn't see this coming?"

I am not passing judgment on Robin Williams, or my friend. Just trying to understand this.
    Good old fashioned government narcotics. Create more problems, make more pills, profit more $$$

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry for your friend's and your loss. It is difficult to understand for those of us who've not experienced the depth of despair suffered by some people, but we can't apply rational thought (such as your bolded statement) to this situation.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

My friend stood by me twice when I lost first my daughter, then my youngest son. I visited with his wife the other day. She is holding up okay. As well as can be expected. I recognize the classic symptoms of "stunned numbness." I experienced it myself....twice. You go thru your day, task by task, in a daze. It's not until years later that you realize you have little to no memory of that time period.

So, for now, she has rationalized his death, by assigning the blame to the medication. She dutifully goes to work, smiles for her kids and one grandchild and pretends everything is okay. It has been....about 4 months now, I think. The holidays are always extra tough, when families gather and there is that empty chair....

For me...well, I am trying to pay him back by standing by his family now, just as he supported me during my trying times.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

My friend stood by me twice when I lost first my daughter, then my youngest son. I visited with his wife the other day. She is holding up okay. As well as can be expected. I recognize the classic symptoms of "stunned numbness." I experienced it myself....twice. You go thru your day, task by task, in a daze. It's not until years later that you realize you have little to no memory of that time period.

So, for now, she has rationalized his death, by assigning the blame to the medication. She dutifully goes to work, smiles for her kids and one grandchild and pretends everything is okay. It has been....about 4 months now, I think. The holidays are always extra tough, when families gather and there is that empty chair....

For me...well, I am trying to pay him back by standing by his family now, just as he supported me during my trying times.
    My goodness. What a great example of Christ you are to them and after what you've been through. Prayers for all of you guys.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Thanks for sharing this. Having 3 sons of my own I can't imagine what you've been through.

I have a coworker who came home to find her 27 yo female roommate dead in the bathroom. No rhyme or reason for it, no one saw it coming. A beautiful girl with a good job, a beautiful young daughter, everything in the world to live for. I figured out that I never want to figure out that type of hopelessness and desparation that will drive someone to do that.

+ Reply to Thread