+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A note to our fans & alums who drive a long way....

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

A note to our fans & alums who drive a long way....

For all you Tech faithful who drive several hundred miles round trip several times a year (many of you don't miss a game) to support our school and its football team, I just want to say thank you.

I know quite a few of you... you drive from places like Dallas, Houston, Memphis, Baton Rouge, Little Rock, Jackson (and on and on) because you are dedicated Bulldog fans. When I examine my 45-mile drive from home to the stadium, I realize how much more of a commitment it takes for you to make the trip. You pretty much give up an entire weekend (and all the expenses) for a Bulldog football game. And I know lately many of you are examining whether it is worth it. I am not about to try to tell you whether it is or it isn't. I just want to say Thank You for all those trips you have made. Thanks for being some of Tech's very best fans and alums!
    Last edited by Tech77; 11-06-2017 at 02:06 PM.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: A note to our fans & alums who drive a long way....

Thanks for posting this.

This is exactly the kind of thing our inept AD should be saying as a form of damage control. Instead he is trying to rip off the boy scouts to help fill what were sure to be empty seats even if we were winning.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Thanks for posting this.

This is exactly the kind of thing our inept AD should be saying as a form of damage control. Instead he is trying to rip off the boy scouts to help fill what were sure to be empty seats even if we were winning.
    this is not who we are!

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

We drove up from New Orleans area and made a weekend of the game. My 2 year-old experienced his first Tech home game (went to Southern Miss last year). So my kid is currently 0-2 as a Tech fan.

Outcome sucked, and it's a shame that I knew what was going to happen as soon as Barnes kicked the last (good) FG... But the family had a great time anyway!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    For all you Tech faithful who drive several hundred miles round trip several times a year (many of you don't miss a game) to see our school and its football team, I just want to say thank you.

I know quite a few of you... you drive from places like Dallas, Houston, Memphis, Baton Rouge, Little Rock, Jackson (and on and on) because you are dedicated Bulldog fans. When I examine my 45-mile drive from home to the stadium, I realize how much more of a commitment it takes for you to make the trip. You pretty much give up an entire weekend (and all the expenses) for a Bulldog football game. And I know lately many of you are examining whether it is worth it. I am not about to try to tell you whether it is or it isn't. I just want to say Thank You for all those trips you have made. Thanks for being some of Tech's very best fans and alums!
    Great post. So many of our fans have to drive a good ways to get to Ruston. I think most in Ruston don't realize the investment our out-of-town fans make just to get to Ruston for games. Same goes for basketball.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Tech77. I did this for only ten years. Only stopped because I lost my place to stay after the game. Now I try to get up to see one game in Ruston when they aren't playing in Houston or close by. My last several trips have been day trips from Houston -- actually back to Port Arthur where my game companion lives. I really should go to San Antonio because it would be a nice week end trip to the River Walk, etc. My wife has been going to a famous restaurant there on the Walk since before the Walk was developed - Casa Rio. It's not great TexMex but still good. Mi Tierra is better but it's not on the River Walk.

Puppy Keith Smith (87) is on top of his/her gameKeith Smith (87) is on top of his/her gameKeith Smith (87) is on top of his/her gameKeith Smith (87) is on top of his/her gameKeith Smith (87) is on top of his/her gameKeith Smith (87) is on top of his/her gameKeith Smith (87) is on top of his/her gameKeith Smith (87) is on top of his/her gameKeith Smith (87) is on top of his/her gameKeith Smith (87) is on top of his/her gameKeith Smith (87) is on top of his/her game Keith Smith (87)'s Avatar

Friend it is hard to beat Mi Tierra's, ​we drive in from College Station, Texas

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Smith (87) View Post
    Friend it is hard to beat Mi Tierra's, ​we drive in from College Station, Texas
    Casa Rio is just on the River Walk and gets a lot of the tourist trade. It's an institution. As I said Mi Tierra is better and is about as old. I can't remember the name of the flea market like center(El Mercado?) it's in, but could find it. There is a restaurant chain here in Houston (Los Tios) that used to list "foods of the border" on their menu and Mi Tierra was on it as was the original Cadillac Bar in Nuevo Laredo. Los Tios is the only place I can find puffy fried tortillas. Somehow they get the layers to separate. They use them for their tacos and their chile con queso. Otherwise it's mediocre, TexMex.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Casa Rio is just on the River Walk and gets a lot of the tourist trade. It's an institution. As I said Mi Tierra is better and is about as old. I can't remember the name of the flea market like center(El Mercado?) it's in, but could find it. There is a restaurant chain here in Houston (Los Tios) that used to list "foods of the border" on their menu and Mi Tierra was on it as was the original Cadillac Bar in Nuevo Laredo. Los Tios is the only place I can find puffy fried tortillas. Somehow they get the layers to separate. They use them for their tacos and their chile con queso. Otherwise it's mediocre, TexMex.
    Brings back fond memories; VERY fond memories. Thanks for mentioning ..........................

Puppy Hanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I'm a lifetime Tech fan with a 2,200 mile round trip to see the Bulldogs play. For quite a few years, I schedule a trip where I can see 3-4 games in one trip. The past few years have been great. This year, after watching them play on TV, I was reluctant to make the trip given the quality of football they are now playing. After the game with North Texas, I have seriously considered going home and skipping the FAU game. Since I am not local, I buy individual tickets on the game days I am here, but at $36 per ticket the value is not there for me this year. I really want Skip to be a successful coach, our players to excel, our fan base grow, and conference opportunities to be available. As others have said, it is difficult to be a Tech fan, but just about impossible for me to not be loyal. So I will probably be there Saturday hoping for a win. Go Dogs!

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Thanks Tech77. I did this for only ten years. Only stopped because I lost my place to stay after the game. Now I try to get up to see one game in Ruston when they aren't playing in Houston or close by. My last several trips have been day trips from Houston -- actually back to Port Arthur where my game companion lives. I really should go to San Antonio because it would be a nice week end trip to the River Walk, etc. My wife has been going to a famous restaurant there on the Walk since before the Walk was developed - Casa Rio. It's not great TexMex but still good. Mi Tierra is better but it's not on the River Walk.
    UTSA game is in Ruston.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover Dawg View Post
    I'm a lifetime Tech fan with a 2,200 mile round trip to see the Bulldogs play. For quite a few years, I schedule a trip where I can see 3-4 games in one trip. The past few years have been great. This year, after watching them play on TV, I was reluctant to make the trip given the quality of football they are now playing. After the game with North Texas, I have seriously considered going home and skipping the FAU game. Since I am not local, I buy individual tickets on the game days I am here, but at $36 per ticket the value is not there for me this year. I really want Skip to be a successful coach, our players to excel, our fan base grow, and conference opportunities to be available. As others have said, it is difficult to be a Tech fan, but just about impossible for me to not be loyal. So I will probably be there Saturday hoping for a win. Go Dogs!
    Thanks for making the trip. Don't buy any tickets. I have seats that are better than you can buy that I will give you. PM your name and number to me.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

"Just about impossible for me not to be loyal" says it all. Thanks Hanover Dawg🐶Saying I will not attend any more home games this season, as some are saying, is not my definition of loyality. So what is a realistic answer to where we want to be with our football? With little money, small but very loyal fan base, surrounded by purple and gold-what is a reasonable goal for our football program? Southern Miss shares our dilemma with both Miss State and Ole Miss in state. Is there a similar mid major solving this type problem?

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile, the players are doing what they can to get ready for their next game, FAU.
    I wish them well, thank them for representing the school I love, and wish I could be there.
    Sorry so many of you don't think it is exciting and/or worth a little patience and understanding.
    Wish you might put a little effort in supporting them and encouraging them to "fight, fight, fight, for old red and blue."
    (and its just Tuesday)

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    "Just about impossible for me not to be loyal" says it all. Thanks Hanover DawgSaying I will not attend any more home games this season, as some are saying, is not my definition of loyality. So what is a realistic answer to where we want to be with our football? With little money, small but very loyal fan base, surrounded by purple and gold-what is a reasonable goal for our football program? Southern Miss shares our dilemma with both Miss State and Ole Miss in state. Is there a similar mid major solving this type problem?
    I appreciate those of you with disposable income who are still attending games.

I, however, cannot justify it.

+ Reply to Thread