+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Day - Louisiana Tech vs Florida State 2:30 EST

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Game Day - Louisiana Tech vs Florida State 2:30 EST

Guys and Gals,
    The day is here I have been up since 4 am EST just giddy with freakin excitement. I know that alot of us have seen things differently on this forum but the one thing that has always stood true is our love for the Lady Techster Program.

We have to do alot of things right today to get the win but it is something that we can do. We just have to Believe.

We have to rebound, play defense and make good decisions on the floor. We have to limit their strengths and expose their weakness. They have to play our game and not us play theirs.

We may be the underdogs in this game but EVERYONE loves and underdog and the entire nation will be cheering for us today, we just have to give them a reason to cheer.

FSU has a home court advantage but that can change quickly if we get the other two teams fans cheering for us in the game.

The Lady Techsters have a motto on the back of their shooting shirts "Protect this house" Well today FSU is our house and we have to protect it.

Time to EVICT the current Tenants and stake our claim.

FSU we are foreclosing on your house

GO TECHSTERS

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Game Day - Louisiana Tech vs Florida State 2:30 EST

GREAT Post!!!!!!! I am SO ready for this game!

We CAN pull this off, but it will take everything we have. Dowdell is going to have to be quicker and faster than their huge post player. Johnson is going to have to go on a scoring binge, because she is the most athletic player on that floor. We need to get their bigs in foul trouble quickly. Our guards have to step it up and hit those outside shots to loosen up that inside.

Florida has been known in the past to play "slow ball". I haven't seen them this year, but I think that is their style. They may be bigger and have one hot shooting guard, but we are faster and more athletic - I hope. We have to play with passion and drive. We have to speed up the game and run the floor. Don't let them get into their offensive sets - don't give them the chance.

Is Pringle back??????????????? We need her defensive intensity! Jasmine has to drive the lane and get fouls plus let that three ball go. Thomas has to be "on" and burying the tres. Dowdell has to back up and take those sweet jumpers. Johnson has to twist her way (in those athletic moves she has) to the basket. Jones has to be on and making her shots. TK has to wreak havoc on them and bring the energy - much like Johnson, she has to play to her strenghs - athletic ability and get some sweet steals. Young has to be ready to step in and take the challenge of playing hard nosed inside player that gets those rebounds. Holloway has to be ready to protect the ball when she is in for Jasmine and make some of those sweet shots she has herself, when no one is open.

Outside of Baylor, this is our toughest team we have played all year. We need to start strong and not let up. FSU has not played in 15 days. I hope they are rusty. I don't know if they are used to our frenetic pace.

Excuse the phrase, but BALLS TO THE WALLS!!!!!!! Let's upset FSU on their home court!!!!!!!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Today, we will play our second FSU. The last FSU met their demise in our WAC tournament by the Techsters playing with all out grit! We need to send THIS FSU to the house tonight.

Oh, and I will be cheering on the WAC's FSU tonight against Baylor, as well!!!!!!!!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    Guys and Gals,
    The day is here I have been up since 4 am EST just giddy with freakin excitement. I know that alot of us have seen things differently on this forum but the one thing that has always stood true is our love for the Lady Techster Program.

GO TECHSTERS

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Thanks to Coach TSpoon, I am interested again.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Thanks to Coach TSpoon, I am interested again.
    Just going to get better from here....... The years ahead are going to be magical!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Okay, here's your laugh for the day . . . Oh how we need editors at our newspapers:
    I mean even the online editor missed it and hasn't corrected it....yet.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...nderdog-status

"Semrau said part of Louisiana Tech’s underdog status is because of its membershit in the Western Athletic Conference."
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Okay, here's your laugh for the day . . . Oh how we need editors at our newspapers:
    I mean even the online editor missed it and hasn't corrected it....yet.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...nderdog-status

"Semrau said part of Louisiana Tech’s underdog status is because of its membershit in the Western Athletic Conference."
    That is a pretty good one!

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

Did some looking on ESPN's site this morning. ESPN2 may have their infamous "whip around" coverage. The Lady Techster game will be on Channel 723 on DirecTV in Louisiana and Florida. Not too sure what all of you in other states will have access to. Here is the link to their coverage map.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/tourna...age=maps100320

Dish in Texas has it scheduled on Channel 148.

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

all the games are on espn360.com if you are having problems finding it on TV

Well, the channel on Dish has us listed, but the game on there now comes up with "black out". I may have to listen to Malcolm, as my Internet is through work and I don't have the Verizon code to get ESPN360. I can listen to the broadcast on All ACCESS and get the whip around coverage. ughghghgh

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

pumped. Game time is in 30 minutes.
    Lets Go Techsters!!!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

suppose to be on ESPN2 Champ!
    Go Techsters!

Puppy bitem Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebitem Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebitem Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebitem Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebitem Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebitem Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Just going to get better from here....... The years ahead are going to be magical!

They will be as long as we capitalize on the momentum and not just be content with making the tournament. I long to be relevant once again in WBB.

+ Reply to Thread