+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Tech Police

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Tech Police

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I have a serious question. Why do University Police officers become University Police officers instead of say a local police officer, in this case a Ruston Police officer or even a Lincoln Parish Deputy Sherriff or Lousiana State Police Officer? Do you have to meet the same qualifications to achieve rank in each prospective unit or are some more difficult?
    I wonder if I can get an answer to this question?

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I wonder if I can get an answer to this question?
    University Police Officers have to meet the exact same training standards as local police or deputy sheriffs. University police officers attend the same academy and hold the same certifications as local police and deputy sheriffs. Louisiana has certification standards that must be met and maintained. The one exception to that rule is the State Police. State Police have their own academy you must pass to become a State Trooper regardless of your law enforcement background.

As far as where a person chooses to work, a lot of factors play in. The most important is what agency has openings at any given time. There aren't always openings at the agency you might want to work for. If not, you might take a job with another agency to gain experience while you are waiting for a job opening at your dept of choice. Pay is another major consideration. Some agencies pay much better than others.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    University Police Officers have to meet the exact same training standards as local police or deputy sheriffs. University police officers attend the same academy and hold the same certifications as local police and deputy sheriffs. Louisiana has certification standards that must be met and maintained. The one exception to that rule is the State Police. State Police have their own academy you must pass to become a State Trooper regardless of your law enforcement background.

As far as where a person chooses to work, a lot of factors play in. The most important is what agency has openings at any given time. There aren't always openings at the agency you might want to work for. If not, you might take a job with another agency to gain experience while you are waiting for a job opening at your dept of choice. Pay is another major consideration. Some agencies pay much better than others.
    Thanks for the clarification. I thought all enforcement state on down, went through the same academy. I just figured there would be more benefits to the other enforcement agencies than a University agency, so was curious as to why one would choose that route.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Just a few observations and I will bug out of this one.

I agree that juice was in violation of the strictest sense of the law. I agree the officer used his discretion in writing the ticket and I am sure he was hired and asked to uphold the law even if he disagreed with it, so I don't blame him at all.

This I guarantee. No matter what your opinion of law enforcement officers, everyone here would be glad to see 71227 or any other officer drive up if you had an emergency.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    This I guarantee. No matter what your opinion of law enforcement officers, everyone here would be glad to see 71227 or any other officer drive up if you had an emergency.
    You're right. I'm glad when police officers assist me. This is not the first time this has been said in this thread. However, I don't see what it has to do with the price of cheese in Russia.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Look what happened yesterday:

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=127443

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Look what happened yesterday:

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=127443
    I hope they throw away the key on those two.

Did anyone else notice that she asked them to move the car FIRST?:icon_wink:
    I guess this is a good defense for wanting to just write the ticket and walk away. Less likely to get your a$$ kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    IDid anyone else notice that she asked them to move the car FIRST?:icon_wink:
    Yes I did. I think this was in a little worse part of town than the ticket that is the subject of this thread.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Yes I did. I think this was in a little worse part of town than the ticket that is the subject of this thread.
    Just stiring the pot, uh?

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Yeah, but if that had been Juice the story would have gone more like...

Student tried to assault police officer. It didn't work. Now the student faces jail time after he recovers from several injuries incurred in the incident, not inflicted by the officer, but from his angry girlfriend after she returned with the laundry.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

You're right. I'm glad when police officers assist me. This is not the first time this has been said in this thread. However, I don't see what it has to do with the price of cheese in Russia.
    It has to do with the fact that people only want police officers to do their job if it benefits them. If looking the other way benefits them, great. If catching a bad guy keeps us safe, great. But if we are doing something wrong we would rather not have them around.

For Russian cheese info: http://www.foodnavigator.com/news/ng.asp?id=49245

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    It has to do with the fact that people only want police officers to do their job if it benefits them. If looking the other way benefits them, great. If catching a bad guy keeps us safe, great. But if we are doing something wrong we would rather not have them around.
    So, you'd be totally ok with receiving a speeding ticket for traveling one mph over the speed limit?

You'll notice the officer who wrote the ticket felt that enforcing the dress code on a fellow officer was "juvenile and uncalled for."

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    So, you'd be totally ok with receiving a speeding ticket for traveling one mph over the speed limit?

You'll notice the officer who wrote the ticket felt that enforcing the dress code on a fellow officer was "juvenile and uncalled for."
    I would not like it one bit:bigcry:, but I was over the limit. Most of the time we are aware of posted limits and choose to exceed them because we assume the officer will give us a little slack. In the case of the handicapped spot, juice knew very well that he was in a restricted spot, but chose to be there and the officer chose not to ignore the violation.

Call me old fashioned or whatever, but I believe in taking responsibility for your actions, not blaming others. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Make your bed, be prepared to sleep in it. Get a ticket for 1 mph over the limit in Pudunk, LA and I bet you slow down next time.

I thought I was done with this thread

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    That is **NOT** what was said. You have taken a quote completely out of context. What was "Juvenile and uncalled for" was waiting until 15 minutes prior to his retirement to act. The supervisor waited 11 hours and 45 minutes to act when I suspect he saw the wrong shirt at shift change and should have acted then. If NOPD has a uniform policy and it was violated, the supervisor was 100% correct to discipline. I question him waiting almost 12 hours to act. That appears to be a personal gig to ruin a celebration at the end of a last shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    That is **NOT** what was said. You have taken a quote completely out of context. What was "Juvenile and uncalled for" was waiting until 15 minutes prior to his retirement to act. The supervisor waited 11 hours and 45 minutes to act when I suspect he saw the wrong shirt at shift change and should have acted then. If NOPD has a uniform policy and it was violated, the supervisor was 100% correct to discipline. I question him waiting almost 12 hours to act. That appears to be a personal gig to ruin a celebration at the end of a last shift.
    You're making an awful big assumption. Maybe the officer was in the correct uniform and changed after shift change knowing that he was not supposed to and the supervisor didn't find out until later. The fact is that we all don't know the story of what exactly happened just like we don't know what exactly transpired between you and Juice.

In my opinion, if Juice was respectful to you and you wrote the ticket without allowing him the chance to move his car because he hadn't actually displaced someone then you acted no differently than you suspect this supervisor of acting. If however, Juice tried to argue with you and was disrespectful, then he got what he deserved.

+ Reply to Thread