+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What I would Like to see Tonight

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

What I would Like to see Tonight

Obviously a win and continue not turning the ball over. But here are 3 things I would like to add

1. Another wide receiver to step up and help TT and CH ... Bonnette showed signs (8 catches last week)
    2. Get some Turnovers-- we went from leading nation to practically zero -- again, some signs of life--XW had spectacular INT and we recovered on goal line at end of game....
    3. hope we do not punt much but when we do we need to average 45 yard-not 35. Believe coach is replacing punter tonite

Avoided the "obvious" keys to winning and tried to think outside the box

our crew headed out around 4 ... really wired about this game .... Go Dogs

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: What I would Like to see Tonight

This is something I'm going to be looking at...

2014: Manny's defense totally confused them, held them to 10 points, got some turnovers, and Doughty looked like a true Freshman.

2015: Baker said he wanted to do the same thing we did in 2014, but WKU was prepared for that and torched us in the 1st half. Baker made some changes and we played much better in the 2nd half.

2016: Now what? They've seen the effective 2014 scheme and adjusted, they've seen our adjustment in 2015 that was effective... BUT new QB who has seen neither, and a short week to be "coached up."

It will be hard for me to tell what we are doing, just hope either is effective. A confused QB is a good sign it's working. So I'm looking at how comfortable the QB looks.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    This is something I'm going to be looking at...

2014: Manny's defense totally confused them, held them to 10 points, got some turnovers, and Doughty looked like a true Freshman.

2015: Baker said he wanted to do the same thing we did in 2014, but WKU was prepared for that and torched us in the 1st half. Baker made some changes and we played much better in the 2nd half.

2016: Now what? They've seen the effective 2014 scheme and adjusted, they've seen our adjustment in 2015 that was effective... BUT new QB who has seen neither, and a short week to be "coached up."

It will be hard for me to tell what we are doing, just hope either is effective. A confused QB is a good sign it's working. So I'm looking at how comfortable the QB looks.
    According to some WKU posters last year, 2014's lopsided loss was partially due to one of the starting OL getting into some kind of fatal accident/illness within 1-3 days of the game, and so the OL was not gelling as well and the team was grieving (somewhat similar to OkSU's collapse against IowaSt in 2011 maybe).

Don't know if I agree that they would have been more competitive anyway (even though they beat Marshall, whom we barely lost to with Cody's shoulder injured and 4-5 starters out), but maybe that had a factor.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

read article in Bowling Green newspaper .. it ranking WK better : OL--LB--Safeties-DB-Special Teams- WR, basis for that was they have 3 good -we have 1 superstar
    Tech Better: QB and RB

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

If we come out in an eight man zone I may lose my mind.

Varsity Bulldog diamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the rough

1) Continue our trend of scoring a TD on our first drive of the game
    2) Come out of halftime strong - hold them to no point on their first drive. Score points on our first drive. (Our play coming out of the half was one of our keys to success in 2014)
    3) Mix things up on offense. More running early. More diversity in the passing game.

And

Dawgs' win!

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Bring pressure from so many different directions that this QB can't get up by the 4th quarter. Confuse the living crap out of them, that's what we did in 2014.

Varsity Bulldog dadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the rough

I am not asking for much. Just announce who is ringing the bell before the game when they come out of the DAC. Oh, a few turnovers by WKU would be nice also.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

J Mar starting

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

I would like to see Conner Smith thrown to more.
    Go Tech!

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    J Mar starting
    OK -- this got a smile from me-- My car is tanked up--washed up and have grandson -sportsdawg and longtime Tech Supporter ready to go---

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to see better field position on kickoffs and better tackling.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddawg31 View Post
    1) Continue our trend of scoring a TD on our first drive of the game
    2) Come out of halftime strong - hold them to no point on their first drive. Score points on our first drive. (Our play coming out of the half was one of our keys to success in 2014)
    3) Mix things up on offense. More running early. More diversity in the passing game.

And

Dawgs' win!
    We didn't score touchdowns on our first drive against Texas Tech & South Carolina St.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Just win.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Just win.
    seconded!

+ Reply to Thread