+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Student Attendance - Newest Deterrent

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Student Attendance - Newest Deterrent

Some brilliant employee(s) at Tech decided to do away with student IDs as the pass for students entering the games.

Now they students are required to go to LATechTix.com on their phone and log in with their student email. Every home game week they'll receive a text message to claim their ticket for the upcoming week's game. A barcode will be sent to their phone at a designated time and that is what they will show to enter the game. FWIW, they will also be able to PURCHASE guest tickets using this "platform".

Can't make this stupid crap up. I guess they were having a problem with too many students attending?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Student Attendance - Newest Deterrent

Step 1 -- What can we do to provide a great gameday experience for all Tech fans?

Step 2 -- Now how can we do the OPPOSITE of that?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Kinda complicated, not aweful. They need to make sure the students get a heads-up on that.

Puppy bullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the ears

Where did you hear this? I've spoken with 2 students who have not received any email or notice so far about this. Could be they are waiting for school to start back before informing everyone.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Tommy and his minions are dumb as a bag of sweet potatoes!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been to several campuses where students are required to pick up an actual paper ticket from the student center. When the team is good, students have no problem with that extra step. When they suck, students don’t make the effort on many cases.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Kinda complicated, not aweful.
    It's a stupid thing to do to a group of students who have been EXTREMELY supportive of all student fees for athletics and who our admin will be courting for more money very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bullman View Post
    Where did you hear this? I've spoken with 2 students who have not received any email or notice so far about this. Could be they are waiting for school to start back before informing everyone.
    I have a student at Tech who sent me the information. He is an avid fan who keeps up with such BS. Imagine how the students who have not even considered going to a game will react.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I have been to several campuses where students are required to pick up an actual paper ticket from the student center. When the team is good, students have no problem with that extra step. When they suck, students don’t make the effort on many cases.
    I'm guessing all the campuses you describe have a large student attendance in addition to the team being good. Our student attendance has been going down since we hired our current AD. Looking for ways to make it more difficult to attend game is idiotic.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

At what point do we start to wonder whether he's a shill from our BR overlords to keep lil' ol' Tech in its proper place?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

It won't work. First, we don't have the infrastructure to do it. Unless we can get cell operators to immediately come in with their Cell on Wheels (COWs) expanding the network, pulling up an email on your phone could be problematic during gameday. I've used my carriers data on gameday and it's sluggish when more people start arriving to the stadium.

We don't have a cellular DAS or robust Wi-Fi system at the Joe to handle gameday wireless connections. Hell, we have problems with just scanning paper tickets at times. I've seen our ticket scan operators having trouble with their connected scanner devices communicating to the secure stadium network.

Varsity Bulldog johnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her game

I think they should allow using either/or. I know plenty of students that tailgate and never enter because they dont have their ID. So they just party then leave.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    It won't work. First, we don't have the infrastructure to do it. Unless we can get cell operators to immediately come in with their Cell on Wheels (COWs) expanding the network, pulling up an email on your phone could be problematic during gameday. I've used my carriers data on gameday and it's sluggish when more people start arriving to the stadium.

We don't have a cellular DAS or robust Wi-Fi system at the Joe to handle gameday wireless connections. Hell, we have problems with just scanning paper tickets at times. I've seen our ticket scan operators having trouble with their connected scanner devices communicating to the secure stadium network.
    Use of COWs should've been part of the Verizon sponsorship package . . . if it hadn't already been done.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Use of COWs should've been part of the Verizon sponsorship package . . . if it hadn't already been done.
    If it did, then it's great for Verizon customers. As far as AT&T and others...hope the local cell site can handle the traffic.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    At what point do we start to wonder whether he's a shill from our BR overlords to keep lil' ol' Tech in its proper place?
    I am to the point where I cannot even blame Tommy anymore.

I think he's over his pay grade and attendance this year will prove it.

Our President who "gets it" doesn't "get it."

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb019 View Post
    I think they should allow using either/or. I know plenty of students that tailgate and never enter because they dont have their ID. So they just party then leave.
    This is true, not every student carries it on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    This is true, not every student carries it on them.
    So they carry their phone, but not an ID. That's fine, but the process of getting the bar code is screwed up. Just show your ID, even if it is on your phone, and they waive you through. Oh, can't do that. Might get too many students in the game and some may not be legit.

+ Reply to Thread