+ Reply to Thread
Page 295 of 325 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 4875

Thread: What are you listening to Today?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: What are you listening to Today?

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Bit of an ear-worm here:

Seriously? Just because someone cuts a track it doesn't mean you automatically have to post 'em if they're awful. Please use SOME discretion!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    so funky...
    Now THAT's good music! Great sound, reminiscent of the 1970's funk bands such as Kool & the Gang, The Commodores and the Ohio Players, etc...

Please teach inudesu a thing or two about music, will ya? LOL!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Seriously? Just because someone cuts a track it doesn't mean you automatically have to post 'em if they're awful. Please use SOME discretion!
    That album (it's not even a full album, it's like B-sides that didn't make an album) is probably the only music of hers I like (besides the one really big hit Call Me Maybe). But I really do like it. I can't explain it, but I won't apologize for it.

Now THAT's good music! Great sound, reminiscent of the 1970's funk bands such as Kool & the Gang, The Commodores and the Ohio Players, etc...

Please teach inudesu a thing or two about music, will ya? LOL!
    He had his chance. Bob and I were roommates at Tech for 2 years. Lots of overlapping tastes, but probably this type of pop music would be an exception.

Let me bail you out inudesu, before you go completely over the edge........

This is what college USED to be like....

I gave a girl a ride in my wagon
    She crawled in and took control
    She was tired as her mind was a-draggin'
    I said get some sleep and dream of rock'n'roll

'Cause like a princess she was laying there
    Moonlight dancing off her hair
    She woke up and took me by the hand
    She's gonna love me in my Chevy van and that's all right with me

Her young face was like that of an angel
    Her long legs were tanned and brown
    Better keep your eyes on the road, son
    Better slow this vehicle down

She's gonna love me in my Chevy van and that's all right with me

I put her out in a town that was so small
    You could throw a rock from end to end
    A dirt road main street, she walked off in bare feet
    It's a shame I won't be passin' through again

We made love in my Chevy van and that's all right with me

We made love my in my Chevy van and that's all right with me

She woke up and took me by the handWriter/s: SAMMY JOHNS

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

De gustibus non est disputandum

(But that is terrible)

De gustibus non est disputandum

(But that is terrible)
    It's an honor to have you say it's terrible, because you have proven over and over again that you don't know anything about music!

For the record, "Chevy Van" by Sammy Johns was a #5 hit on the Billboard Top 100 in 1975. It's a legendary song. I hear it played all the time in nightclubs in Nashville, even by people younger than you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevy_Van_(song)

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I could see how people that don’t listen to very much music might like it.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

It's an honor to have you say it's terrible, because you have proven over and over again that you don't know anything about music!

For the record, "Chevy Van" by Sammy Johns was a #5 hit on the Billboard Top 100 in 1975. It's a legendary song. I hear it played all the time in nightclubs in Nashville, even by people younger than you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevy_Van_(song)
    i'm going to have to side with my former roommate on this one, but at least you enjoyed little feat (feats don't fail me now is a great album [and album title] by the way)

Now this is strong vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I could see how people that don’t listen to very much music might like it.
    ...Yes, I'm sure the Nashville types --who really know music-- will love to hear THAT. LOL!

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb - Live Pulse album.

If I could pick ONE specific song/performance as the greatest ever, I would pick this exact one without hesitating. Absolute perfection, in my opinion.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb - Live Pulse album.

If I could pick ONE specific song/performance as the greatest ever, I would pick this exact one without hesitating. Absolute perfection, in my opinion.
    If you include the audience factor, this Stone Roses performance would be on my list.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v9p_pRXV2Mg

What we probably would have been listening to 100 years ago. A number one hit in 1921.

What we probably would have been listening to 100 years ago. A number one hit in 1921.
    If we wanted to cut that timeline in half, 50 years ago was quite a year for music:

Zepplin 4
    Mud Slide Slim
    Tapestry (Carole King), Blue (Joni Mitchell), Carpenters (duh) - none really my thing, but unmistakably influential and all three huge hits
    Who's Next
    Sticky Fingers
    Imagine
    Every Picture Tells a Story (with Maggie May on it)
    American Pie (blah, can't stand this song, but people like it for some reason)
    Aretha had a live at Filmore West, Allman Brothers had At Fillmore East
    Bowie had Hunky Dory if you're into that kind of thing
    What's Going On
    Al Green Gets Next to You
    Coat of Many Colors
    Shaft

Not a terrible year for music all things considered. I didn't make this playlist, but dang - solid.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4p...5a7082a05042e9

If we wanted to cut that timeline in half, 50 years ago was quite a year for music:

Zepplin 4
    Mud Slide Slim
    Tapestry (Carole King), Blue (Joni Mitchell), Carpenters (duh) - none really my thing, but unmistakably influential and all three huge hits
    Who's Next
    Sticky Fingers
    Imagine
    Every Picture Tells a Story (with Maggie May on it)
    American Pie (blah, can't stand this song, but people like it for some reason)
    Aretha had a live at Filmore West, Allman Brothers had At Fillmore East
    Bowie had Hunky Dory if you're into that kind of thing
    What's Going On
    Al Green Gets Next to You
    Coat of Many Colors
    Shaft

Not a terrible year for music all things considered. I didn't make this playlist, but dang - solid.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4p...5a7082a05042e9
    Here's one from EXACTLY 50 years ago....1971. Meet Rare Earth.

+ Reply to Thread