+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bowl Games

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 2017 Bowl Games

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

I'll look up what we used last year, but it was not what we had available.
    Assuming he gave them off on Saturday and Sunday we had eleven 4 hour practice days (or other athletic activity) available from 12/5 to 12/19. No way to track team meetings and weight training, but we did not have 10 field practice days from 12/5 to 12/19...maybe 6.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Greg View Post
    Well yeah. He never said he could use all of them by the 23rd. He said the later the bowl, the more practices we can get in. So if we get a New Years Bowl...maybe we can use all of our practices. But unless you have something showing that we didn't get extra practice time playing on the 23rd vs. playing 19th (it would be 16th vs. 23rd this year for the same two bowls), then it's not B.S.
    Okay, if you want to believe the "bowls are important because of extra practice" go ahead. I don't buy it.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

He didn't use all the days or time he had available last year so I'm not buying his "extra practice" BS. He's not big on practice anyway.

rules limit practice and other athletic activities to a maximum of four hours per day and 20 hours per week."
    I read somewhere that the NCAA limits bowl teams to a total of 15 practices. That's it. Doesn't matter if the bowl game you're playing in is on Dec 17th or January 5th, you are still limited to only 15 practices.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I read somewhere that the NCAA limits bowl teams to a total of 15 practices. That's it. Doesn't matter if the bowl game you're playing in is on Dec 17th or January 5th, you are still limited to only 15 practices.
    You read something that was incorrect.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

"I think it's at the top of the list for the advantages of having it," Flood said last season of bowl practices. "It's akin to having an extra spring. It's not a guarantee of anything. But it is extra practice time and as coaches we want that. I think with this football team the extra practice time would be very valuable to a young football team."

I disagree with the coach. Practices aren't important. I think Tech should not do Spring training either.
    Go Tech!

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg View Post
    "I think it's at the top of the list for the advantages of having it," Flood said last season of bowl practices. "It's akin to having an extra spring. It's not a guarantee of anything. But it is extra practice time and as coaches we want that. I think with this football team the extra practice time would be very valuable to a young football team."

I disagree with the coach. Practices aren't important. I think Tech should not do Spring training either.
    Skip fall while we're at it...just play the games.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Okay, if you want to believe the "bowls are important because of extra practice" go ahead. I don't buy it.
    of course you don't! you don't see the value of taking next years players and let them begin to bond. Players who are graduating give way to next generation -- I absolutely believe the extra bowl practice time is an advantage

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Greg View Post
    Skip fall while we're at it...just play the games.
    Great idea! I'm sure if Tech does it everyone else will fall in line.
    Go Tech!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Some would sell their children for Tech to host a P5, yet they would pass on playing one in Shreveport in a bowl game?

Independence Bowl or bust!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    You read something that was incorrect.
    I also knew about the "myth" stories. Unfortunately, some of the "myth stories" have been called a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    of course you don't! you don't see the value of taking next years players and let them begin to bond. Players who are graduating give way to next generation -- I absolutely believe the extra bowl practice time is an advantage
    They need a few more practices "to begin to bond" with the guys they've played with all year?

Is the extra bowl practice what put UAB and FAU over the top?

I'm not saying it is a bad thing, just that the practice part of the deal is way over blown.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

They need a few more practices "to begin to bond" with the guys they've played with all year?

Is the extra bowl practice what put UAB and FAU over the top?

I'm not saying it is a bad thing, just that the practice part of the deal is way over blown.
    Totally agree! I have had that opinion for many years. If it is such a great thing, what happened this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Totally agree! I have had that opinion for many years. If it is such a great thing, what happened this year?
    Well they didn't get the extra practices in 2013. That must have been the problem.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Well, you should see what woulda happened without those practice days. This year's team would have struggled just to get bowl eligible, would have not been able to hang tough late in games. In fact, we woulda struggled just to get to 6-6.

Seriously though, how do we know we mighta finished 3-9 or something?

+ Reply to Thread