+ Reply to Thread
Page 186 of 325 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 4875

Thread: What are you listening to Today?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: What are you listening to Today?

Ohh.... well you never know with those Japanese fella's... HA!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    But you have to admit, that looked pretty awesome.

Until now, I had never put faces with Killswitch Engage, so I'm genuinely surprised seeing what they look like. Only the bassist and the drummer weren't surprising.
    It is awesome... that's why I've watched that video a dozen times.... just glad that I'm on THIS SIDE of the monitor.

You know who surprised me was Bullet for my Valentine. I had them pictured completely different for some reason.

(an hour long... a whole concert, but it's AWESOME)

Varsity Bulldog tech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of light tech_dawg_fan's Avatar

No message necessary for this one!

Oh and just a random fact Welcome Home -Coheed is actually the song that Alex Williams has playing when he comes up to bat. I guess that tells you how much older he is compared to the others on the team LOL!

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoppinmadThis guy just got word about the Friday announcement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnB_McpbGTk

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    that song is great with doc watson on guitar, earl scruggs on banjo, and vassar clements on fiddle.

Yep, those 3 are pretty hard to beat....wish Scruggs and Vasser were still around.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

BUSH - COMEDOWN (ACOUSTIC)
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Some kind of pansy cover band singing a top 40 hit.

Not enough arpeggiated chords for my taste. Different strokes, I guess.

I agree that it is a terrible cover.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Coheed actually does a very good Iron Maiden "the Trooper" cover.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

good thing nobody here would ever suspect me of being a nerd, because i'm about to open myself up here. i just watched the 1983 film version of pirates of penzance, and i have one 3-word, 2-sentence comment:

linda ronstadt. wow.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

good thing nobody here would ever suspect me of being a nerd, because i'm about to open myself up here. i just watched the 1983 film version of pirates of penzance, and i have one 3-word, 2-sentence comment:

linda ronstadt. wow.
    The only thing I know about that play I remember from elementary school music class, but I've been tempted to try and watch it recently since my son was born on Leap Day. Doesn't that play a part in the plot?

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Beastie Boys all the time...

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    The only thing I know about that play I remember from elementary school music class, but I've been tempted to try and watch it recently since my son was born on Leap Day. Doesn't that play a part in the plot?
    yeah. just don't send a hard-of-hearing nursery maid out to apprentice your son to a pilot.

i was actually inspired to watch it by the most recent xkcd comic. i realized that i had heard the modern major general song dozens of times (and dozens of versions with the words changed) but i had never seen the play (opera?) -- nor, indeed, any g&s production. so i looked it up on netflix and watched it. i actually enjoyed it and i might look for some more of their stuff to watch (even if i have to go to an actual theater).

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

yeah. just don't send a hard-of-hearing nursery maid out to apprentice your son to a pilot.

i was actually inspired to watch it by the most recent xkcd comic. i realized that i had heard the modern major general song dozens of times (and dozens of versions with the words changed) but i had never seen the play (opera?) -- nor, indeed, any g&s production. so i looked it up on netflix and watched it. i actually enjoyed it and i might look for some more of their stuff to watch (even if i have to go to an actual theater).
    I played the role of Frederick in a summer camp production when I was 13. Still remember all the words. G&S operettas are exceptionally shower-singable.

G&S was also my introduction to British humor, which grew into quite the Monty Python obsession by high school.

when i said "most recent xkcd comic," i didn't realize a new one had come out today. i was referring, of course, to this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I played the role of Frederick in a summer camp production when I was 13. Still remember all the words. G&S operettas are exceptionally shower-singable.

G&S was also my introduction to British humor, which grew into quite the Monty Python obsession by high school.
    i appreciate the combination of wit and absurdity (of course i'm a fan of monty python and douglas adams). i just didn't realize it existed in that form in musical theatre. what else have i been missing?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

i appreciate the combination of wit and absurdity (of course i'm a fan of monty python and douglas adams). i just didn't realize it existed in that form in musical theatre. what else have i been missing?
    Strong Bad emails

+ Reply to Thread