+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: FIU

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Re: FIU

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-n-Pony View Post
    I fundamentally disagree. If Bracey's prime directive was to set the table for Boykins and Harris, that trio couldve scored more than plenty. Add in Jean and Christon off the bench and thats plenty of shooting/scoring. Instead, the PG wanted to be a scorer too and it looked like every man for himself most times.

Nevada coach is on record as saying Harris is their best scorer and most athletic in the gym right now. If its good enough for a top 10 team...surely its good enough for LT.
    Eh. Maybe. We were trying to replace McCree and Sherman. Regardless, that isn't my point. I am not trying to get into the circumstances of Harris's transfer though I'll give you that maybe some strategic decisions led to Harris's departure.

My point: as it stands today, we ain't no good bc we lack basketball players.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Under White we had something going. Since he left this program has taken a nosedive. I’m 41, and I don’t think I’ll live long enough to see a NCAA tournament berth. They come about as often as Halley’s comet.

Bulldog Dawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the rough Dawg-n-Pony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    My point: as it stands today, we ain't no good bc we lack basketball players.
    Not being a contrarian, but I dont 100% agree. The problem at LT is that you have good 'role players' trying to fill 'star' positions. Duruji, Pemberton, Archibald, Christon are good players, theyre just not every-down backs. Even Bracey is not a 'franchise' guy, but thats the role he's playing.

The chink in Konkol's recruiting armor is that he identifies with and wants a team full of role players. And you rarely go dancing without a star/leader or two.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Not being a contrarian, but I dont 100% agree. The problem at LT is that you have good 'role players' trying to fill 'star' positions. Duruji, Pemberton, Archibald, Christon are good players, theyre just not every-down backs. Even Bracey is not a 'franchise' guy, but thats the role he's playing.

The chink in Konkol's recruiting armor is that he identifies with and wants a team full of role players. And you rarely go dancing without a star/leader or two.
    What I saw of Christon before he had to stop playing made me think he just might have been that 'star' player. He wasn't there yet, but things sure ran more efficiently and effectively when he was on the court.

Varsity Bulldog Bulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    What I saw of Christon before he had to stop playing made me think he just might have been that 'star' player. He wasn't there yet, but things sure ran more efficiently and effectively when he was on the court.
    I agree 100%. It looked to me like he was fast becoming our best scorer before he went down. I don't know if Konkol is a good coach or not, but I think people are underestimating the loss of Christon and Jean, who might have been our best defensive player. I think we would have at least 3 or 4 more wins with both of those guys playing.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldawg81 View Post
    I agree 100%. It looked to me like he was fast becoming our best scorer before he went down. I don't know if Konkol is a good coach or not, but I think people are underestimating the loss of Christon and Jean, who might have been our best defensive player. I think we would have at least 3 or 4 more wins with both of those guys playing.
    Hence, I figured this was going to be the “excuse” this season. Injuries...

So the Konkol experiment will continue next year with an empty TAC.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Sounds like you agree with me but don't want to say it lol. I don't want to break down each guy individually. Suffice it to say, I think we have some decent, athletic players (what you correctly call a role player) but not nearly enough guys who can put the ball in the basket. I don't like the "franchise" tag. McNeil could score, Chris Anderson, Jaron Johnson, Raheem, all guys I wouldn't consider "star" or "franchise".

We have neither the star players who can score or the role players who can score. We just can't score.

Bulldog Dawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the rough Dawg-n-Pony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Sounds like you agree with me but don't want to say it lol.

I dont think theyre bad players...just good role players. But to be fair...there arent many "franchise" (for lack of a better word) players in CUSA this year. Everyone is doing it by committee, with the exception of UTSA (DFW backcourt) and MAYBE WKU and Marshall. So with all that said...maybe I do agree with you.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I really believe our best shooter is probably sitting out the year as a transfer from McNeese. Another reason to give old metro another pass on this season.

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I really believe our best shooter is probably sitting out the year as a transfer from McNeese. Another reason to give old metro another pass on this season.
    Any word on Christon? Are they trying to get another year for Jean? Konkol is in a tough spot with those two. If the Joniah situation repeats itself, that will be another gut punch. Same with Jean if we go for another year but fail at it. I guess we need them to come back because, assuming he can recruit suitable replacements, they will be a year off. Getting them back is the fastest way to win now.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

They can get one for Jean if he doesn’t come back this year; unknown if he would want to. No change on X, but not released.

Anybody heard anything on Thomas?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

It's all about positioning for making a run at the conference tournament. Konkol can best do that by not losing games we have no business losing. If you see that your players struggle winning at the end, teach them to win games before the end. Good grief! Anybody who follows closely can sense a loss coming by midpoint of the second half. We seem to kill our own momentum at times.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

It's the shot selection , Konkol doesn't control that enough .

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Nevada coach is on record as saying Harris is their best scorer and most athletic in the gym right now. If its good enough for a top 10 team...surely its good enough for LT.
    Will be interesting to see how Harris does next year at Nevada. I am not sold on him yet but am anxious to see how he does next year. I would not call him super athletic from his time here. I don't wish him any ill will though.

+ Reply to Thread